Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Podcast: We're Talkin Ragin' Cajuns Basketball 01-03-2023

UL Basketball Podcast: We're Talkin Ragin' Cajuns Basketball 01-03-2023

Default Re: Podcast: We're Talkin Ragin' Cajuns Basketball 01-03-2023

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I know some of you may not want to rehash disappointments. For those that are interested in what led to the poor results, you may enjoy the episode. We discussed factors that we believe contributed to the outcomes of the first two conference games. We also previewed the upcoming USM and Georgia State games. Finally, we concluded with the fundamentals needed to improve Cajuns shooting. I apologize for talking too fast at times. I tend to naturally do that quite frequently as my mouth has trouble keeping up with my brain. However, we wanted to have this episode conclude in a reasonable amount of time while still covering the key points listeners may want to hear. As usual, feedback is welcome.

3. Default Re: Podcast: We're Talkin Ragin' Cajuns Basketball 01-03-2023

quit apologizing . . . you are doing great . . . less you convince otherwise . . .

I put the first segment in twice, but it has been updated now.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    quit apologizing . . . you are doing great . . . less you convince otherwise . . .
    Hopefully you guys who listen understand where we were coming from with some of our points. I did some second guessing but what fan does not do so when things don’t go well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I know some of you may not want to rehash disappointments. For those that are interested in what led to the poor results, you may enjoy the episode. We discussed factors that we believe contributed to the outcomes of the first two conference games. We also previewed the upcoming USM and Georgia State games. Finally, we concluded with the fundamentals needed to improve Cajuns shooting. I apologize for talking too fast at times. I tend to naturally do that quite frequently as my mouth has trouble keeping up with my brain. However, we wanted to have this episode conclude in a reasonable amount of time while still covering the key points listeners may want to hear. As usual, feedback is welcome.
    I will listen but in the meantime, if we don't talk about defense as a primary reason for the issues we are starting in the wrong spot. We will always be able to score but we have been poor to say the least with our team defending. We play a pressure style which causes us to foul a lot, especially when we are playing guys a lot of minutes and fatigue is an issue.

We discussed defense in Coastal game extensively

Will listen tonite

Craig glad to see you back from surgery. Wishing you well in your recovery.

10. Default Re: Podcast: We're Talkin Ragin' Cajuns Basketball 01-03-2023

The most obvious thing about these games is again the opponents best game on offense. This happens over and over by Marlin coached teams.

This tells you that Coach Marlin and his staff can’t coach defense if opponents consistently have their best game offensively.

12. Default Re: Podcast: We're Talkin Ragin' Cajuns Basketball 01-03-2023

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    This tells you that Coach Marlin and his staff can’t coach defense if opponents consistently have their best game offensively.
    And not just a good game, but their best of the season to that point.

Plus we don’t score consistently. Bad combo.

The foot out of bounds in the corner 3 position has been consistently called both ways this season. Wonder if it was made a point of emphasis this year for officials.

Nice analysis Craig and Mike.

15. Default Re: Podcast: We're Talkin Ragin' Cajuns Basketball 01-03-2023

Congratulations Mike.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information