Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Feb Football Commitment

Default Re: Feb Football Commitment

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Lunch ain't playing QB...there should be several PWOs here in the spring/summer...besides Lunch just committed, he didn't sign..

You know of any QBs with PWO offers?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    They offered the Broussard kid from Southside, but more than likely he will be an Ath/Wr.

Release is way to long looks like he’s throwing a baseball that will work in high school got to get rid of it a lot quicker in college. Lance L has the strongest on the team currently he will neve be the ever down QB.
    Good thing he is just in high school and can get here and work on mechanics, worst case takes snaps in the Spring or fall, absolute worst case we get an outstanding athlete who can switch positions, or we can just keep the sky is falling attitude towards every single move this staff makes. The kid can throw a football, that’s a start. We have had qb’s here in the past who couldn’t do that. I guess we can get kids who don’t ever play QB or anything else for that matter..guess that would be better. Elijah McGuire played qb in high school, legendary, perry all played qb in high school.

History says UL always has a couple in camp...you guys keep painting scenarios with QBs that just aren't realistic, next thing you know Trey Amos gets moved over to A QB cause UL needs a scout squad QB...or anyone else who played QB in high school...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    History says UL always has a couple in camp...you guys keep painting scenarios with QBs that just aren't realistic, next thing you know Trey Amos gets moved over to A QB cause UL needs a scout squad QB...or anyone else who played QB in high school...
    I bet we have at least 4 participating in Spring and go into fall with 5 or 6 on the roster. We still can get juco guys, and Aug guys in February who didn’t sign early and transfer portal guys after spring ball. Open spots attracts players. If I’m a QB looking for a real opportunity, I see our situation as that opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I bet we have at least 4 participating in Spring and go into fall with 5 or 6 on the roster. We still can get juco guys, and Aug guys in February who didn’t sign early and transfer portal guys after spring ball. Open spots attracts players. If I’m a QB looking for a real opportunity, I see our situation as that opportunity.
    I don’t see our situation attractive at all to a guy in the portal or Ju Co. With 2 starters returning and a freshman that is more talented than both of them. Not if they are looking to play right away. Unless that transfer is some SEC caliber recruit that is behind a really good QB right now.

7. Default Re: Feb Football Commitment

We will be alright . . .

I don’t see our situation attractive at all to a guy in the portal or Ju Co. With 2 starters returning and a freshman that is more talented than both of them. Not if they are looking to play right away. Unless that transfer is some SEC caliber recruit that is behind a really good QB right now.
    So you think we just need snap fillers? Those are a dime a Dozen if that’s all we need, probably a few walking on campus. However, I think
    A highly competitive guy sees only 2 healthy guys going into spring, another coming off an ACL…heaven forbid but what if 1 of 2 healthy get hurt or decide to transfer? I just don’t see our situation as fire with 3 capable QB’s, not too long ago we didn’t have 1 on the roster

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    He will be fine, he gives you the option to move him to another position if things don't work out at QB because of his athleticism. He's very similar to Lance Legrande in his build and quickness.

People forget, we were the only FBS program that offered Levi Lewis and Dion Ray at QB, others offered them as athletes.
    Correct! Levi left UL as the most decorated QB in our program history.

Looks like CMD wants more dynamic QBs. Fields, Chris, and Lunch can all tuck the ball and geaux.

We don't have the personel to run a pro style offense. Our QBs will have to be a threat in the read option.

CMD and Fenroy was one of the best I've seen at the read option run.

Let's trust the process. Geaux Cajuns!

He's a "football player" and you can't have too many of those guys. I like the fact that he has good running instincts. He's really slow with his throwing motion, and that's probably what's going to keep him from being a QB, unless he can change it, you never know.
    I don't think read option is the way to go. It's a tool in the playbook, but when you have that as your main playbook, it's going to get shut down by good defenses, then you have nothing left. That's what UL had in the past. It's not good a good enough attack in todays game.

I’ve watched him play 3 times this season and he has dominated each game. The guy is a difference maker and I’m glad he’s coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Would would any QB come to UL when that guy said Ben has the spot sowed up?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Ben will be a senior

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Transfers don't transfer to sit.
    First, that is Not true anymore, some guys are transferring with 4 years left without having to sit. Competitors don’t think they will lose the competition and they might think they can beat a guy who won’t be cleared until august.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information