Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 . LastLast

Thread: What Happened

Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Purchase up to 4 season tickets, one free parking pass, purchase 5 or more, 2 free passes
    Buy single game ticket. Prior to game day, Paking pass is $10
    No pre purchase ticket, game day/tailgate parking, $15 to park in lots at Cajun Field.
    See how easy that is. 71 do you need a job? You could do wonders for this athletic department.

2. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    But DID participate.

What’s rich is the audacity of people to think that because some people would rather watch a sporting event on TV verses in person, that those people are somehow to be looked down on.
    The audacity of people to think that others wouldn't look down on people that claim to be Cajun fanatics but rather choose their comfort over real support is breath taking.

3. Default Re: What Happened

We don't have a parking problem.
    We have a perception problem.
    And perception is reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    It is absolutely bad marketing to have an empty parking lot next to the stadium.

But and however, bad marketing isn't a detergent for those that already know the market.
    Turbine, you need to "clean" up your post!

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I didn’t know you go to games. I have missed 4 home games since the 90s. Don’t think I have ever ran into you at one. Message me next year I’ll tell you where we tailgate. I always got a cold beer.
    That beer is gonna get awfully warm

6. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I know. I’m just saying your list is reason why very few are not going to games. People like you who haven’t been in a stadium in 20 years or so. Not everyone is a recluse that sits on his patio every Saturday. If it were the majority of people, stadiums would be empty all over the country. Most people still like to get out and socialize, the university just needs to figure out how to make Cajun field the in place to be here in Lafayette.
    While I have absolutely no obligation to do so, I’m going to squelch these BS attendance in person accusations . . .

Commencing in mid 80’s when I moved back to Lafayette and took employment here for a period of about 5 or 6 years I had USL football season tickets. I regularly attended 5 or 6 home games a year. During that period I generally attended 1, maybe 2 tiger games a year if there were tickets available that did not conflict with my USL games . . .

In the late 80’s early 90’s I became a pretty avid duck hunter. In fact, I began guiding at a lodge in Little Cheniere on the weekends . . . Starting around that time, I usually attended a couple of Cajuns football games a year if I could get them in after the early teal season and before the big duck season. During that time until the mid 2000’s I attended no tiger games . . . starting the mid 2000’s (around the time Tim Tibow was at Florida) I attended 1 tiger game a year some years with the parents of one of my boy’s friends who had 6 tiger season tickets where he and his parents and a friend and his parents were invited to go to games together. I was good friends with the parents so I got first choice on the game . . . I did that for five years or so. To show how little interest I had in tiger games, one of the games we attended it was hot so I wore a shirt in my closet that I thought would be light and most comfortable . . . well the color of that shirt was royal blue and the tigers were playing Florida . . . Needless to say, I was harassed in a friendly manner all day long . . . Since then, I have not been to a tiger football game.

Around the time when Andrew Toney was a Cajun, I had basketball season tickets for a period of 5 or 6 years. I went to every home game during that period.

When the Tigue was renovated, I took the opportunity to acquire 4 season tickets in the grand stand which I still have. Absent conflict, I attend all those games and if I have a conflict I have several sets of friends that share my tickets for free. My tickets are used for every game. I used to have access to 6 tiger baseball tickets in the first row behind home plate. So on weekends before I got my Cajuns tickets I went to some tiger baseball games . . .

The point being that I have degrees from both universities but I have always been a Cajuns fan first and tiger fan if no conflict and convenient . . . I have not been to a tiger game in any sport in 5 or so years . . . I attend Cajun games every year . . .

I pretty much watch on TV every football game, men and women basketball game, baseball game and softball game that I am unable to attend live . . .

7. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    That beer is gonna get awfully warm
    That is not nice . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    See how easy that is. 71 do you need a job? You could do wonders for this athletic department.
    Appreciate that baw.I'd love to help them, there are a ton of responsibilites with this gig.I don't have the energy.Would love to consult, however.

9. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Appreciate that baw.I'd love to help them, there are a ton of responsibilites with this gig.I don't have the energy.Would love to consult, however.
    Go Get’m FAN. . . You Got This . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    While I have absolutely no obligation to do so, I’m going to squelch these BS attendance in person accusations . . .

Commencing in mid 80’s when I moved back to Lafayette and took employment here for a period of about 5 or 6 years I had USL football season tickets. I regularly attended 5 or 6 home games a year. During that period I generally attended 1, maybe 2 tiger games a year if there were tickets available that did not conflict with my USL games . . .

In the late 80’s early 90’s I became a pretty avid duck hunter. In fact, I began guiding at a lodge in Little Cheniere on the weekends . . . Starting around that time, I usually attended a couple of Cajuns football games a year if I could get them in after the early teal season and before the big duck season. During that time until the mid 2000’s I attended no tiger games . . . starting the mid 2000’s (around the time Tim Tibow was at Florida) I attended 1 tiger game a year some years with the parents of one of my boy’s friends who had 6 tiger season tickets where he and his parents and a friend and his parents were invited to go to games together. I was good friends with the parents so I got first choice on the game . . . I did that for five years or so. To show how little interest I had in tiger games, one of the games we attended it was hot so I wore a shirt in my closet that I thought would be light and most comfortable . . . well the color of that shirt was royal blue and the tigers were playing Florida . . . Needless to say, I was harassed in a friendly manner all day long . . . Since then, I have not been to a tiger football game.

Around the time when Andrew Toney was a Cajun, I had basketball season tickets for a period of 5 or 6 years. I went to every home game during that period.

When the Tigue was renovated, I took the opportunity to acquire 4 season tickets in the grand stand which I still have. Absent conflict, I attend all those games and if I have a conflict I have several sets of friends that share my tickets for free. My tickets are used for every game. I used to have access to 6 tiger baseball tickets in the first row behind home plate. So on weekends before I got my Cajuns tickets I went to some tiger baseball games . . .

The point being that I have degrees from both universities but I have always been a Cajuns fan first and tiger fan if no conflict and convenient . . . I have not been to a tiger game in any sport in 5 or so years . . . I attend Cajun games every year . . .

I pretty much watch on TV every football game, men and women basketball game, baseball game and softball game that I am unable to attend live . . .
    You had season tickets when Andrew Toney played? I was in 3rd, 4th, & 5th grade. I knew you were a little older than me but not that much to be out of school buying season tickets.

11. Default Re: What Happened

You had season tickets when Andrew Toney played? I was in 3rd, 4th, & 5th grade. I knew you were a little older than me but not that much to be out of school buying season tickets.
    I am off a few years . . . I was attending those games with my godfather who was teaching upper maths at USL. His wife taught at my school so I would come to Lafayette with her on game nights. I attended USL 80 to 82. My season tickets would have been starting 86 87. Since my stroke about May 2021 lots of these dates run into each other.

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    So did the increase in staff and analyst have any bearing on a losing record? I believe players in scholarship shouldn’t receive any stipend/payments, etc. They are getting an opportunity to attend a university free of charge.
    I've gone back and re-read some of the thread, and I think this pretty much sums up lafman1's perspective.

Here we are making arguments on the fan base bearing some of the expense of the athletic program (beyond the simple of purchase of a ticket) by employing a tool such as the RCAF.

Lafman1, IMHO, has laid the blame at the feet of the RCAF suggesting it has chased people away, when in fact you can attend a game simply by purchasing a ticket.you don't have to be a member of the RCAF and you can park across the street from Cajun Field for free.

Likewise, when presented with a few benefits of the RCAF he either doesn't accept the answer (dismissing the nutrition program) or conflates issues (CMD's salary with the available pool of money for assistants) or what the definition of a "problem with parking" is (I admit we need more cars in the parking lot as this should reflect butts in the seats, but there is available, convenient parking folks can utilize.but these are two different issues which he either doesn't recognize or doesn't want to acknowledge).

I think this statement right here that he doesn't think players should get stipends speaks volumes for his perspective.if we apply his standard that "players in scholarship shouldn’t receive any stipend/payments, etc." which (correct me if I'm wrong) is an expense borne by the RCAF, we couldn't compete at the FBS level.

T asked the question if he felt we should simply go back to FBS status. At least Lafman1 said this would be an extreme measure but this might be the only direction we can go (aside from joining ULM at the bottom of the food chain.)

I'm not willing to go in this direction. I'd hope other folks would feel the same way.

He was still in school when Andrew played from 76-80. He’s probably thinking post Toney with the NIT crew.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I am off a few years . . . I was attending those games with my godfather who was teaching upper maths at USL. His wife taught at my school so I would come to Lafayette with her on game nights. I attended USL 80 to 82. My season tickets would have been starting 86 87. Since my stroke about May 2021 lots of these dates run into each other.
    We had seats in Blackham from Toney days mid 70s until it shut down. Section F row 13. Right behind the cajuns bench. That was some great memories.

We had seats in Blackham from Toney days mid 70s until it shut down. Section F row 13. Right behind the cajuns bench. That was some great memories.
    We were in G starting in ‘82. My first year having season tickets for basketball.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 . LastLast

Thread Information