Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 . LastLast

Thread: What Happened

Default Re: What Happened

Hell, ____ it.

I'm blind as a ____ing bat. But I still go.

The bigger commitment and sacrifice?

My wife.

She soldiers on, at my side, making sure I don't run into people or speakers or ESPN vans, or kiosks walking into Cajun Field, making sure I don't fall up/down the stairs, dutifully getting me water and a hot dog if I'm hungry, sweating her ass off, sitting in the rain, being ignored if nobody is there to talk to her, tuning my radio in so I can listen to Jay, punching me in the leg because I ____ed the people off in front of us with my whistling, and putting up with my _____y ass if we lose.

But she ____ing goes.because its important to me and its important to the community.

Quit looking for and providing ____ing excuses.

Either you give a ____ about UL and the community.or you don't.

2. Default Re: What Happened

Somebody has to provide TV screens or there would be no TV money.

I’m not making excuses, just providing reality . . .

Some people just don’t like the same atmosphere and amenities that others do . . . and who is anyone here to judge . . . you do you and I will do me

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Hell, ____ it.

My wife.

She soldiers on, at my side, making sure I don't run into people or speakers or ESPN vans, or kiosks walking into Cajun Field, making sure I don't fall up/down the stairs, dutifully getting me water and a hot dog if I'm hungry, sweating her ass off, sitting in the rain, being ignored if nobody is there to talk to her, tuning my radio in so I can listen to Jay, punching me in the leg because I ____ed the people off in front of us with my whistling, and putting up with my _____y ass if we lose.

But she ____ing goes.because its important to me and its important to the community.

Got damn, I ____ing LOVE you, Monkee. Now, this is a mother ____ing fan, y'all.

4. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Hell, ____ it.

My wife.

Your wife is my hero and you're a ____ing Saint.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Like I posted earlier, this is what was learned about the home day experience that many did not know before Covid:

offer more than;

1. Less that $1 beers, always cold and 30 seconds from your couch, recliner or patio
    2. whiskey, wine, frozen drinks, seltzers of your choice and a very low price 30 seconds from your couch, recliner or patio
    3. 50 inch to 85 inch TV's, multiple on at a time
    4. baby back ribs on the green egg in viewing distance of the TV
    5. every game available on the + or regular TV
    6. ability to keep up with all games of interest while enjoying Cajun Football
    7. no parking issues
    8. no concession issues
    9. restroom immediately available, some with TV's in the restroom
    10. no drive home
    11. halftime boutte available if you good
    12. boutte available immediately after the game if you are not that good

Because of Covid, many who would not have otherwise experienced the home game experience were forced to do so and they liked it. That combined with the economy keeping many in the oilfield out of offering free tailgating and tickets, the attending fan base graying and the treatment of students all combine to get us where we are today . . .
    Someone should tell this to the thousands of people who leave Acadiana every weekend, many UL alum, and drive to BR. Many of them park a mile or more from the stadium. They sit in traffic for 5 hrs trying to get home after a long day of tailgating and watching a game while missing out on all those other games, cheap, beer, close food, half time and post game Boutte. All those conveniences of home don’t seem to stop that bunch from going to games. It has to be other reasons why people aren’t going.

6. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Someone should tell this to the thousands of people who leave Acadiana every weekend, many UL alum, and drive to BR. They sit in traffic for 5 hrs trying to get home after a long day of tailgating and watching a game while missing out on all those other games, cheap, beer, close food, half time and post game Boutte. All those conveniences of home don’t seem to stop that bunch from going to games. It has to be other reasons why people aren’t going.
    I can’t help you with LSU fans. They are not Cajun fans. The largest misconception here is that people want to call these fans Cajun fans. For whatever reason, right, wrong or indifferent, these are not people we have brought into the foal . . .

Some people just don’t like the same atmosphere and amenities that others do . . . and who is anyone here to judge . . . you do you and I will do me
    Remember when the NFL was playing games during COVID with no crowds?

That was good ____.

Its a ____ing football game, played in August and September. Its gonna be hot. And rainy.

Imonelli's isn't gonna show up with silverware, crystal goblets, and fine china.

Spa Mizan or whatever its called isn't gonna show to give facials, mani/pedis, and massages.

Albarado's isn't gonna show up and refurbish Cajun Field with plush living rooms sets for you to recline on.

It's a ____ING FOOTBALL GAME. Its not your kids dance recital.

Christ, can't we get more than a handful of people who are gonna ____ing nut it up to pay tribute to this guys who come from across the WORLD to bust their assess off?

I can’t help you with LSU fans. They are not Cajun fans. The largest misconception here is that people want to call these fans Cajun fans. For whatever reason, right, wrong or indifferent, these are not people we have brought into the foal . . .
    If Cajun people around Acadiana really knew what the lsubr elite thought of them, they would never give those A-holes another penny.

9. Default Re: What Happened

No

10. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    If Cajun people around Acadiana really knew what the lsubr elite thought of them, they would never give those A-holes another penny.
    I agree . . .

I know. I’m just saying your list is reason why very few are not going to games. People like you who haven’t been in a stadium in 20 years or so. Not everyone is a recluse that sits on his patio every Saturday. If it were the majority of people, stadiums would be empty all over the country. Most people still like to get out and socialize, the university just needs to figure out how to make Cajun field the in place to be here in Lafayette.

12. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    I’m at the point in my life where if given a parking pass I still wouldn’t attend football games. Why would I? I have everything I want without the hassle of attending.

I haven’t been to a movie theater in many years. Again, why would I? Concerts? Been a few years. Festivals? Have been to Festival Acadian since it’s inception.

You?
    Exposing a personal need about something you weren't going to participate in regardless. .

That's rich.

"at the point in my life"

13. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I know. I’m just saying your list is reason why very few are not going to games. People like you who haven’t been in a stadium in 20 years or so. Not everyone is a recluse that sits on his patio every Saturday. If it were the majority of people, stadiums would be empty all over the country. Most people still like to get out and socialize, the university just needs to figure out how to make Cajun field the in place to be here in Lafayette.
    You said the only reason people go is for performance on the field . . . so I guess we have discovered our ceiling because there is a very slim chance we will ever repeat three years in a row like the last three we had under Napier . . . and nice to know that the over 600,000 in the Acadiana area less the 7,000 to 15,000 going to games this year are recluses . . . when you don’t know, you just don’t know . . .

Who said I have not been in the stadium in 20 years . . . in fact someone even posted here that they saw me . . .

14. Default Re: What Happened

Counting FB only.

By my calculations the TV contract is worth $15 a ticket for 22,000 people.

Quantity discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Counting FB only.

By my calculations the TV contract is worth $15 a ticket for 22,000 people.

Quantity discount.
    Is this for all games? ESPN+ as well as weekday games on ESPN2 or ESPN or ESPNU.

Is it for the six home games?

Is this for one home game?

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 . LastLast

Thread Information