Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: What Happened

Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    RCAF membership can cost $100 per year.

Joining RCAF also helps athletics.

There are people posting on here they haven't been asked to donate; this is a way that is done. If people are not willing; wait let me reprhase this; if people are ONLY interested in going if it is free, of what value are they?
    Concession sales
    UL gear sales
    Camaraderie which leads to generational attendance for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    The apathy for the program was and is in part because of the parking situation.
    You really can't believe this, can you?

There have been some very good, accurate posts in this thread, but yours just isn't.

Concession sales
    UL gear sales
    Captain FREEbird will be sneaking in booze and food, have an lsu shirt on and will not be friends with anyone in the stadium, other than other freebirds.

I don't see the value.

Good day.

Concession sales
    UL gear sales
    Do you attend our games?

There have been some very good, accurate posts in this thread, but yours just isn't.
    I need me some frees parking and tailgating.

I can only explain it. I can’t make someone understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Do you attend our games?
    Football? Not anymore.
    Baseball. Yes
    Softball. Yes
    Basketball. Not since the Blackham days.

Football? Not anymore.
    Baseball. Yes
    Softball. Yes
    So you don’t go to football cause you have to park across the street from an empty stadium parking lot? For free?

Football? Not anymore.
    Baseball. Yes
    Softball. Yes
    It’s time to return to Cajun Field. I’ll be happy to provide you with food/drinks and a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    For years we had 30k people outside the stadium partying all day, and the struggle was convincing them to come in to the game. That was tough to do when the team sucked but Hudspeth's community involvement + better quality of play put butts in seats.

Then we..

- Raised ticket prices
    - Raised tailgating prices
    - Quadrupled down on mid-week games to get on TV
    - Forced people to park away from the stadium then walk THRU the empty stadium lot
    - Added food/drink options but chronically understand concessions, even with 10k people
    - Blast PA music between plays that 90% of those old fans don't enjoy, in hopes of getting thousand more students to show up

List goes on and on
    The university didn’t put the mid week games on tv the conference did. When Hud was here the parking lots were full across the street and behind the Hilton and no one was complaining about walking across the street back then. You could buy a ticket this year for 10 dollars. Something definitely changed. But it’s not about parking or ticket prices.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    You think selling 15k more tickets would offset the loss of income from charging for parking?
    Why not look at it this way. Get a good RCAF director and get 15k more members and fill up the parking lots with productive members. The problem is they’ve had a hard time getting someone good to stay in that role. They all tend to get better opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Get a good RCAF director and get 15k more members...
    That’s the funniest thing I’ve read on RP so far this year.

You guys are all trying very hard to figure out this problem. I commend your efforts, but none of these are the answer. If you want attendance to go up, paint the stadium purple and gold, put a Walmart next to the stadium, and serve corn dogs, and......voila! You'll have every casual NPC there to pack out the stadium! Problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    13-1 and finished ranked in the Top 20.

I'll be a Negative Nancy about other things here, but I won't look at last season in a negative light. That team deserved 30k+ average attendance at Cajun Field and deserved an Acadiana community behind it.
    Totally agree. If the prior 3 seasons under Napier can't fill the stands, then nothing will. I always thought there were 2 ways to draw 40k+.

1. Play a major P5 school at their field and beat them handily. Then it wouldn't matter who you were playing at home, even Comeaux High, the crowds would still come out to see the school that just beat the P5 at their place.

2. Play the major P5's at home....Alabama, GA, Clemson......that would fill the stadium.

HOWEVER, not sure either of those two scenarios would even work now. It's really pitiful this community doesn't support this university. It's really embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    The university didn’t put the mid week games on tv the conference did. When Hud was here the parking lots were full across the street and behind the Hilton and no one was complaining about walking across the street back then. You could buy a ticket this year for 10 dollars. Something definitely changed. But it’s not about parking or ticket prices.
    I'm not saying it's all UL's fault..

It's not their fault the conference _____d out Tuesday night games for a wink from ESPN..

It's also not their fault that they announced their ambitious facilities expansion plans right into the teeth of another oilfield and local economy collapse.

I never minded the walk to the stadium because I'd be rewarded with a cold beer from one of several tailgating spots.. Those spots disappeared though when they hiked prices and added tons of restrictions.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information