Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 ... LastLast

Thread: What Happened

Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    That's two different crowds. The people who would show up to Lafonda if you were giving away free Margaritas only might go to cajun field on Mardi Gras weekend. They not going to football games anyway.
    They all have LSU gear on

2. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I thought you only set foot in their once . . . again posting without any know . . .

That's two different crowds. The people who would show up to Lafonda if you were giving away free Margaritas only might go to cajun field on Mardi Gras weekend. They not going to football games anyway.
    And you have now realized my point in a previous post. There are two types of football fans, diehards and casual. The university has managed to chase away the casual fan( which is the majority) with its RCAF program. Again, the university is USLing it by catering to the wrong demographic of fandom.

I’ve said this many times but once more. Stop complaining about the lack of attendance. The university is to blame for it. It’s what they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Never been to that place when I lived in Lafayette. My roommate worked there and told me a story about Mikie Mahtook getting a standing ovation one night after LSUs 2009 baseball national championship…that’s all I needed to know….

I don't think anyone care what you believe. If the people you recruit against are giving a kid cost of living to put gas in his car, buy a burger and bring his girl friend out you better be able to match that if you want to get him.

Yes. Don't know if you have been paying attention but since they have increased staff with analyst and all we have had some of the best years in cajuns football history going back to the first NOLA bowl against SDSU until now.
    Now do the last football season with an increase in staff and analyst.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Never been to that place when I lived in Lafayette. My roommate worked there and told me a story about Mikie Mahtook getting a standing ovation one night after LSUs 2009 baseball national championship…that’s all I needed to know….
    We've made it us against the world and the world is winning. Change has to come within if we want the outside to embrace us, because it ain't happening now.

You do realize he is from Lafayette, right?

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    You do realize he is from Lafayette, right?
    Yes I am fully aware. Had nothing to do with it. You think if he won a championship at Texas or Arizona anyone would have gave a ____…

Yes I am fully aware. Had nothing to do with it. You think if he won a championship at Texas or Arizona anyone would have gave a ____…
    I’m sure they would have. So because a local kid goes to LSU and wins a national championship, people shouldn’t be proud of him?

10. Default Re: What Happened

Absolutely . . . He played sports in Lafayette before college and he is a Mahtook . . . Again, this is one reason why we can’t have anything nice . . .

And you have now realized my point in a previous post. There are two types of football fans, diehards and casual. The university has managed to chase away the casual fan( which is the majority) with its RCAF program. Again, the university is USLing it by catering to the wrong demographic of fandom.

I’ve said this many times but once more. Stop complaining about the lack of attendance. The university is to blame for it. It’s what they wanted.
    No you get the point. Nothing that is given for free is seen to have value. Free would not solve any problems in getting people into the stadium. It would just make the product be perceived to be worth nothing and even less desirable.

Has the university denied the casual fan the right to purchase a ticket? How exactly have they chased them off?

You are correct Jack. F those people. Probably a bunch of USL / UL grads that don’t show up to cajun field ever.

13. Default Re: What Happened

Free is NEVER good . . . no matter what it is . . .

Why would he not?

If UL had won in say…2018, you can bet Hogan Harris, one of our stating pitchers and played at STM, would have received the same, especially if he balled out.

I get despising LSU itself and a good portion of their fanbase due to past and recent antics, but pretty petty to hold it against locals for cheering a fellow local who just one the College World Series.

Now do the last football season with an increase in staff and analyst.

Thats a small sample size. I tend to look at the big picture. We also never had a year before last when you had 45 players from the previous years roster turn over. The more you type the more I believe you are not really being serious.

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information