Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 ... LastLast

Thread: What Happened

Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I hope between now and next season, they can find a PR or public speaking class or instruction for CMD...you know...
    I know you're being critical of his public speaking abilities. I will say this. Listening to coach Marlin speak is like listening to a drone hum. He has the most monotone, non-emotional voice I have ever heard. There is no excitement. I think it has had a big effect on people not supporting his program. If he can't give an impression of being fired up about his program, why should the fans?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I still think it comes down to advertising and engagement.

You can sell anything in this town with buzz. The sad thing is we thought we had buzz with a good product due to 3 years of incredible football but it was almost like everyone was neutral until the championship game which had a good crowd. It’s because we didn’t sell the good product.

Hang stuff around town. Get the brand in your face to the point you can’t unsee it. I don’t want to see purple as much as I see red in this city. Put it everywhere. Schedules. Signs. Banners (don’t talk about a banner.)

Advertising college football seems easy. Look at what other schools do. You have a 300 plus school sample size counting FCS. What works? What doesn’t? You don’t even have to be innovative. Just be plugged in to your community.

It’s a sin what the administration did and didn’t do with the recent success. But, they can recover.

Hang a banner for the first home game. Advertise the hell out of it. That’s a start.
    Get Lafonda’s to help market. They’ve managed to sell crap food for decades and have people coming in religiously.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    Get Lafonda’s to help market. They’ve managed to sell crap food for decades and have people coming in religiously.
    I never have been to LaFonda’s for the food…nor do I know anyone that has.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I never have been to LaFonda’s for the food…nor do I know anyone that has.
    But you and everyone else still eat it. Point is there is nothing great about that place, I don’t count very strong margaritas as anything special, yet it still
    stays very relevant.

We could learn a thing or 2 about their approach though as it apparently works.

But you and everyone else still eat it. Point is there is nothing great about that place, I don’t count very strong margaritas as anything special, yet it still
    stays very relevant.

We could learn a thing or 2 about their approach though as it apparently works.
    It's a generational thing / it's a place to be seen

Haha. That's one we were talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I understand that portion of it. But the point is that they have managed to make it a generational thing/place to be seen with lackluster stuff to sell you. And that’s why it’s genius and UL should let them do the marketing for sports.

It's a place for upstanding people to get sauced. Those 'Ritas are legit. Very popular with the wives. Hence, why they are always packed.

I'm afraid UL football and athletics in general (minus the diamond sports) is a bit of a generational thing at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    I'm afraid UL football and athletics in general (minus the diamond sports) is a bit of a generational thing at this point.
    Yep what happens when you suck all but ten seasons of the last 50 years. Had a chance to build upon the best 3 years in school history, however we did nothing and USLed the ____ out of it

I understand that portion of it. But the point is that they have managed to make it a generational thing/place to be seen with lackluster stuff to sell you. And that’s why it’s genius and UL should let them do the marketing for sports.
    Whatever it takes to get people to show up, do it.

12. Default Re: What Happened

LaFonda's true secret sauce is "Cars in the Parking Lot"

This is why a full tailgating atmosphere should be Priority One.

It may take a while to translate but LaFonda's has stood the test of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Perception is key.

People drive by an empty Cajun Field parking lot on gameday and probably think, "hmmmm looks boring," and keep driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

I agree I do both park in the parking lot and have a tailgating spot. Nothing is stopping anyone from doing the same if that's what they enjoy doing. There has to be something that interest them inside the stadium for them to want to park in said lot and spend the afternoon tailgating. It all starts with building a value in your football program.

15. Default Re: What Happened

I found my wife who does not drink in the bar at Lafonda at about 9:30 on a Friday night . . . I had been there since 4:30 or so . . .

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information