Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast

Thread: What Happened

Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Right the sad thing is Des appears to be more on the Napier end of public engagement. He’s even made comments on radio programs saying where he’s read the message boards and social media and don’t care what those people think (fans). His comments do more to turn people off than they do to turn them on. He appears to always be in defense mode and not selling his program mode.
    Fans don't hire coaches but they sure as he'll fire them

2. Default Re: What Happened

I don’t think 3 non-fans will fire a coach . . .

Ragin' Cajuns Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    While you are almost 100% correct on what to expect, it isn't because they are public radio.

Radio Hofstra is a public radio station and they have been doing New York Islander games for a dozen years or so and have won numerous awards over the years.

It's a mindset, which involves having a set mind as to why KRVS doesn't promote the University.
    Precisely. I can remember KRVS carrying USL basketball games during the Shipley years.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    He shouldn't care what message board fans think.
    Agree but he certainly does. He’s mentioned message boards more than once on Scott’s show.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint View Post
    Precisely. I can remember KRVS carrying USL basketball games during the Shipley years.
    40 years ago....can you believe krvs as changed, evolved, and moved past that...and nothing will happen unless someone underwriters the expenses...is that too difficult to understand? And then there is the Lierfield contract...

“Lierfield contract” ? pun intended?

If public radio claims to have no commercials, what do they do during the hockey commercial breaks at hofstra/islanders?

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    If public radio claims to have no commercials, what do they do during the hockey commercial breaks at hofstra/islanders?
    Why don't you stream a game and let us know...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Why don't you stream a game and let us know...
    if i streamed one, wouldnt that answer what i do during the breaks, i asked what do they do? lol.
    A simple yes public broadcasting is commercial free, or no, that is no longer the case would have sufficed. a. or b.

Public broadcast programs are underwritten, no paid commercials, but a reminder that this broadcast is brought to you by a business and a bit about brand or business....

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Public broadcast programs are underwritten, no paid commercials, but a reminder that this broadcast is brought to you by a business and a bit about brand or business....
    thanks.
    seems they have been pushing the envelope a tad lately? some of the reminders seem a tad more detailed and written in the voice of the company

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Fans don't hire coaches but they sure as he'll fire them
    If that were true Baghdad Bob would’ve been gone.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I agree. Mike's job is to coach not to sale.
    I totally disagree. The coach has got to be out in the public promoting the program in one form or another. Think, going back a long ways, Dale Brown. He would show up in neighborhoods giving away basketballs and basketball nets. It took a while, but, he built a tremendously successful program.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    I totally disagree. The coach has got to be out in the public promoting the program in one form or another. Think, going back a long ways, Dale Brown. He would show up in neighborhoods giving away basketballs and basketball nets. It took a while, but, he built a tremendously successful program.
    Exactly, Napier proved that just winning won't cut it!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Not all local but these are the appearances I could find.

Napier made appearances on ...
    RP3 & Company
    SportsRadio 740
    ESPNU Radio

He should have made regular appearances on non-sports shows.

Mike Desormeaux needs to get on more shows than the Great Scott Show during football season. He needs to do multiple shows every week during football season and monthly the rest of the year.

KRVS included
    No one listens to KRVS. Especially not the students,

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information