Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread: What Happened

Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I think the problem with that is press boxes need to be on the camera side. I agree tho that cameras should be facing the “home” side.
    It doesn’t have to be though. Cameras can go anywhere.

2. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    How can one be tired of a first year Head Coach. That’s not tired, it’s just not willing to give him a chance . . . be a man and call it what it is . . . it’s hating the hire, not tired of the coach
    Tired of the same approach, its not the person its the plan.

3. Default Re: What Happened

CMD has much better hair than CBN

4. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    This may be an unfair question, because we might not have had one during the Napier years years, but did Napier ever go on a local “show” that wasn’t associated with 1420 or Lear field or the University?
    Not all local but these are the appearances I could find.

Napier made appearances on ...
    RP3 & Company
    SportsRadio 740
    ESPNU Radio

He should have made regular appearances on non-sports shows.

Mike Desormeaux needs to get on more shows than the Great Scott Show during football season. He needs to do multiple shows every week during football season and monthly the rest of the year.

KRVS included

KRVS will never do a coaches show or interview...its pubic radio, they don't do sports. I don't think it would happen even if someone had $$$ to underwrite it...

It starts at the Top!!! T-Joe is not 100% committed to athletic excellence in the sports that require the largest financial commitment. If he were, then we would be still on an upward trend regarding funding, season tickets and any semblance of marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Not all local but these are the appearances I could find.

Napier made appearances on ...
    RP3 & Company
    SportsRadio 740
    ESPNU Radio

He should have made regular appearances on non-sports shows.

Mike Desormeaux needs to get on more shows than the Great Scott Show during football season. He needs to do multiple shows every week during football season and monthly the rest of the year.

KRVS included
    I hope between now and next season, they can find a PR or public speaking class or instruction for CMD...you know...

8. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    KRVS will never do a coaches show or interview...its pubic radio, they don't do sports. I don't think it would happen even if someone had $$$ to underwrite it...
    While you are almost 100% correct on what to expect, it isn't because they are public radio.

Radio Hofstra is a public radio station and they have been doing New York Islander games for a dozen years or so and have won numerous awards over the years.

It's a mindset, which involves having a set mind as to why KRVS doesn't promote the University.

I hope between now and next season, they can find a PR or public speaking class or instruction for CMD...you know...
    You got me?

What you did there, I see it.

11. Default Re: What Happened

Napier not much better . . . but he got virtually no fans into the stadium for his team’s performances . . . maybe they can get a 2 for one

12. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Napier not much better . . . but he got virtually no fans into the stadium for his team’s performances . . . maybe they can get a 2 for one
    Need a salesman, he had no charisma.

That may not have mattered in the overall equation if not for a lockdown changing everthing.

13. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Right the sad thing is Des appears to be more on the Napier end of public engagement. He’s even made comments on radio programs saying where he’s read the message boards and social media and don’t care what those people think (fans). His comments do more to turn people off than they do to turn them on. He appears to always be in defense mode and not selling his program mode.
    This is sadly a bad message to the community by CMD. But he’s going to be whoever he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Right the sad thing is Des appears to be more on the Napier end of public engagement. He’s even made comments on radio programs saying where he’s read the message boards and social media and don’t care what those people think (fans). His comments do more to turn people off than they do to turn them on. He appears to always be in defense mode and not selling his program mode.
    He shouldn't care what message board fans think.

15. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by wscoog View Post
    This is not only a Louisiana problem but a college football problem. Houston is moving into the Big 12 and we are struggling to put fans in the stands(to put it mildly). Part is we are tired of our coach but the transfer portal and NIL deals can make a fan feel like we are watching some mercernaries out there. Social media is also a factor . UL has a great tailgating scene but too many are walking back to their cars as kickoff is approaching. Also having 2 ticket booths per entrance is beyond inept when the lines are crazy long. Still shocked there was no banner to honor last year's team. Sun Belt and bowl game Champions! There is no better advertising than letting everyone know you are a winner. How much could it cost? Complete failure by the administration.
    Very sad but very accurate. We don’t have ESPN non stop pushing the propaganda they do for the P5 programs. Over the lifetime of the programs LSU has outspent UL by billions. That’s a legacy of wins and additional free promotions.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information