Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread: What Happened

Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by wscoog View Post
    This is not only a Louisiana problem but a college football problem. Houston is moving into the Big 12 and we are struggling to put fans in the stands(to put it mildly). Part is we are tired of our coach but the transfer portal and NIL deals can make a fan feel like we are watching some mercernaries out there. Social media is also a factor . UL has a great tailgating scene but too many are walking back to their cars as kickoff is approaching. Also having 2 ticket booths per entrance is beyond inept when the lines are crazy long. Still shocked there was no banner to honor last year's team. Sun Belt and bowl game Champions! There is no better advertising than letting everyone know you are a winner. How much could it cost? Complete failure by the administration.
    How can the lines be long when the attendance is pa-bon?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    This may be an unfair question, because we might not have had one during the Napier years years, but did Napier ever go on a local “show” that wasn’t associated with 1420 or Lear field or the University?
    Yes Jordy Culotta podcast

3. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    How can the lines be long when the attendance is pa-bon?
    This question won't be answered till Quantum computing is available at our fingertips.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    This question won't be answered till Quantum computing is available at our fingertips.
    The size of the line has nothing to do with the accuracy of scanners.

5. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    The size of the line has nothing to do with the accuracy of scanners.
    Conundrum

This is not only a Louisiana problem but a college football problem. Houston is moving into the Big 12 and we are struggling to put fans in the stands(to put it mildly). Part is we are tired of our coach but the transfer portal and NIL deals can make a fan feel like we are watching some mercernaries out there. Social media is also a factor . UL has a great tailgating scene but too many are walking back to their cars as kickoff is approaching. Also having 2 ticket booths per entrance is beyond inept when the lines are crazy long. Still shocked there was no banner to honor last year's team. Sun Belt and bowl game Champions! There is no better advertising than letting everyone know you are a winner. How much could it cost? Complete failure by the administration.
    When Is the last time you tailgate d . That scene is dying on the vine . Outside of the championship game its a shell of what it was 10 years ago

The two programs I have the greatest difficulty wrapping my head around are Houston and Memphis.

Do Texas/Texas A&M and Arkansas siphon off so much oxygen the two pretty exciting cities can never attain success?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    The two programs I have the greatest difficulty wrapping my head around are Houston and Memphis.

Do Texas/Texas A&M and Arkansas siphon off so much oxygen the two pretty exciting cities can never attain success?
    Memphis is a sh!+hole of a city.

Houston’s population has three major, non congruent parts…natives, transient professionals and ever evolving entry base and above workers with a mix of ethnic backgrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    You're not far off in guessing my thoughts on that. Granted, it's great to have a head coach who also has the ability to promote the program. However, I want my coach's primary focus to be WINNING. The university should have people employed to promote the program, ESPECIALLY if it's a winning program like Napier built.
    Turbines point about Baldwin aside, we’re probably just gonna have to disagree on this point.

IMHO, I think the athletic program was overextended for Napier. Not saying that is good or bad, it’s just what I think.

Largest G5 assistantant coaches pool, retention of Covid seniors, expansion of stag like we’ve never seen before.

Yet, CBN wasn’t adept enough to realize somebody needed to do marketing? And if the university was willing to do everything else, why couldn’t he approach them about more marketing for football?

Again, Saban learn how to dance… Literally.

We will see if Napier neglected that skill set in two or three years at Florida.

I think he should’ve done it here, and I think Mike needs to do it as well

I’m not only being metaphorical when I say Mike needs to learn how to dance.

And I think it is even more incumbent on him, given that a significant portion of the community might not be comfortable with his hiring.

I’m telling y’all. Rotate the field 180° after the remodeling of the press box/suites. Our games would look so much more engaging.

11. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I’m telling y’all. Rotate the field 180° after the remodeling of the press box/suites. Our games would look so much more engaging.
    Louisiana Saturday Nights approves this message.

Day Games say Nooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I think the problem with that is press boxes need to be on the camera side. I agree tho that cameras should be facing the “home” side.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Louisiana Saturday Nights approves this message.

Day Games say Nooooooooo
    Rotate the field 180°…not the stadium. Basically creating an illusion on TV of a well attended game. Day/Night doesn’t matter.

15. Default Re: What Happened

How can one be tired of a first year Head Coach. That’s not tired, it’s just not willing to give him a chance . . . be a man and call it what it is . . . it’s hating the hire, not tired of the coach

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information