Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread: What Happened

Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    You mean Cajuns coaches could go on podcasts but not on the RaginReview podcast? Hummmm
    This may be an unfair question, because we might not have had one during the Napier years years, but did Napier ever go on a local “show” that wasn’t associated with 1420 or Lear field or the University?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    You and I both know what that invite was about.

Again, give me the businessman approach of someone like Napier all day over what become a growing egomaniac. I'll always be grateful for what Hud brought to our program, which was hope and proof we could win. I don't want to go back to what it devolved into, though. There's a reason Napier had to come in here and preach culture.
    I hate reading something and possibly reading something into it so apologies if I’m missing your point.

But what I’m getting out of this is that you lay the responsibility of marketing the football team on the athletic Director and the university president, but not on the head football coach?

13-1 and finished ranked in the Top 20.

I'll be a Negative Nancy about other things here, but I won't look at last season in a negative light. That team deserved 30k+ average attendance at Cajun Field and deserved an Acadiana community behind it.
    I won’t argue it was a great season. Bc losing 1 game all season is a very tough accomplishment.

However, the general public still views Cajun football as mid-level football. Reality is, when we play ranked teams (or really any big name P5 school), the expectation is that we will lose.

For baseball & softball, the expectation is that we will compete and have a legitimate shot of winning those games.

Look at the difference in attendance for the Diamond sports vs football.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Jeezus, if you got to make it THAT comfy for people to go to games, ____ it.
    Might as well add built-in massagers to all of the chairs.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    This year I forgot to renew my baseball tickets and I did get a call before they were released to the general public to see if I still wanted them.
    Same for me with basketball. I got 2 calls asking me if I re-considered getting my tickets.

6. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    And a 15,000 average . . .
    15,000 average is actually pretty good when you look at the entire 4-years.

• A charisma bypass.
    • A 7-7 season.
    • A winning season that may have led to bigger attendance was rewarded with a lock down season.
    • A lockout season.
    • An open season while still in a pandemic.

Did I mention he had a charisma bypass?

7. Default Re: What Happened

I’m not sure what a charisma bypass is but he wears the worst head do in college football . . . can’t really call it hair do cause there really is no hair there . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    I hate reading something and possibly reading something into it so apologies if I’m missing your point.

But what I’m getting out of this is that you lay the responsibility of marketing the football team on the athletic Director and the university president, but not on the head football coach?
    You're not far off in guessing my thoughts on that. Granted, it's great to have a head coach who also has the ability to promote the program. However, I want my coach's primary focus to be WINNING. The university should have people employed to promote the program, ESPECIALLY if it's a winning program like Napier built.

You're not far off in guessing my thoughts on that. Granted, it's great to have a head coach who also has the ability to promote the program. However, I want my coach's primary focus to be WINNING. The university should have people employed to promote the program, ESPECIALLY if it's a winning program like Napier built.
    I agree. Mike's job is to coach not to sale.

10. Default Re: What Happened

I agree. Mike job is to coach not to sell.
    Jerry Baldwin approves this message.

11. Default Re: What Happened

Can’t disagree with the main portion of your thought on this, except we've seen what happens when the head coach seems disinterested.

The fans follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Can’t disagree with the main portion of your thought on this, except we've seen what happens when the head coach seems disinterested.

The fans follow.
    No the fans follow the coaching candidates that apply and that determines the actual attendance at games.

13. Default Re: What Happened

No the fans follow the coaching candidates that apply and that determines the actual attendance at games.
    Not actual attendance but increased attendance for sure.

Sell, sell, sell! Never quit recruiting, never quit selling.

Head coaching responsibility 101.

Manditory Athletic Department Protocol

14. Default Re: What Happened

Need a translation

This is not only a Louisiana problem but a college football problem. Houston is moving into the Big 12 and we are struggling to put fans in the stands(to put it mildly). Part is we are tired of our coach but the transfer portal and NIL deals can make a fan feel like we are watching some mercernaries out there. Social media is also a factor . UL has a great tailgating scene but too many are walking back to their cars as kickoff is approaching. Also having 2 ticket booths per entrance is beyond inept when the lines are crazy long. Still shocked there was no banner to honor last year's team. Sun Belt and bowl game Champions! There is no better advertising than letting everyone know you are a winner. How much could it cost? Complete failure by the administration.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information