Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: What Happened

Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Of the top 20 attended games in Cajun Field, eight were under Hud and three under Napier.

And the conference championship game with Appalachian state was only number 7 under Napier.

I think the one massive failure, and make no mistake. It is waiting on us greatly today, was Napier’s inability to reach out to the community.

Where are the stories of helicopters with Napier in them landing at high school football games?

Where are the stories of the time when Napier handed out donuts or snow cones to the students at the corner of Rex and Saint Mary?

I don’t remember seeing the players walking the perimeter of the field after the game high-fiving with the kids in the stands.

I don’t remember seeing pictures of Napier sitting with the incoming freshmen in the bleachers during orientation.

Huge, massive failure on the part of CBN and how it didn’t attach that present moment with the future.

If somebody is reading this, can you get Dez a ride on a a helicopter next fall?
    Right the sad thing is Des appears to be more on the Napier end of public engagement. He’s even made comments on radio programs saying where he’s read the message boards and social media and don’t care what those people think (fans). His comments do more to turn people off than they do to turn them on. He appears to always be in defense mode and not selling his program mode.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    And our 1 P5 game wasn’t competitive.

Acadiana & rest of LA aren’t impressed with beating Nichols by 3 points.

Sorry.
    13-1 and finished ranked in the Top 20.

I'll be a Negative Nancy about other things here, but I won't look at last season in a negative light. That team deserved 30k+ average attendance at Cajun Field and deserved an Acadiana community behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Right the sad thing is Des appears to be more on the Napier end of public engagement. He’s even made comments on radio programs saying where he’s read the message boards and social media and don’t care what those people think (fans). His comment do more to turn people off than they do to turn them on. He appears to always be in defense mode and not selling his program mode.
    Problem is Dez doesn't have the pedigree that Napier had. Napier got on Rome, McAfee and Pawwl with his past connections.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post

Huge, massive failure on the part of CBN and how it didn’t attach that present moment with the future.

If somebody is reading this, can you get Dez a ride on a a helicopter next fall?
    My understanding is some of those helicopter rides (and landings) led to ____ing off some local high school coaches/administrators whom could assist in convincing some of their top talent to give UL a look instead of going to LA Tech, Southern Miss, etc.

While community engagement is great, give me Napier's professional business approach all day over the show-boating and arrogance that burned bridges. Anyone want to revisit inviting LA Tech's high school recruits to Cajun Field to watch Tech blow us out the water?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    My understanding is some of those helicopter rides (and landings) led to ____ing off some local high school coaches/administrators whom could assist in convincing some of their top talent to give UL a look instead of going to LA Tech, Southern Miss, etc.

While community engagement is great, give me Napier's professional business approach all day over the show-boating and arrogance that burned bridges. Anyone want to revisit inviting LA Tech's high school recruits to Cajun Field to watch Tech blow us out the water?
    Tech doesn’t own any recruits. Nothing wrong with inviting kids to your game that you would like to sign.

6. Default Re: What Happened

They did after that . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Tech doesn’t own any recruits. Nothing wrong with inviting kids to your game that you would like to sign.
    You and I both know what that invite was about.

Again, give me the businessman approach of someone like Napier all day over what become a growing egomaniac. I'll always be grateful for what Hud brought to our program, which was hope and proof we could win. I don't want to go back to what it devolved into, though. There's a reason Napier had to come in here and preach culture.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Problem is Dez doesn't have the pedigree that Napier had. Napier got on Rome, McAfee and Pawwl with his past connections.
    You mean Cajuns coaches could go on podcasts but not on the RaginReview podcast? Hummmm

9. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    And what kind of attendance did that get him . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    You and I both know what that invite was about.

Again, give me the businessman approach of someone like Napier all day over what become a growing egomaniac. I'll always be grateful for what Hud brought to our program, which was hope and proof we could win. I don't want to go back to what it devolved into, though. There's a reason Napier had to come in here and preach culture.
    Then you will be stuck with what we have. Nick Saban can do what he does because he competes for and wins national championships + P5 tv deal $. Mid major football is about fun and excitement. Are there things that I wish Hud hadn't done? Absolutely. It's more of a reflection on him as a person that that "type" of coach. We need a rah rah coach if we want any chance of filling the stands ever again. Give me a choice between 13-1 and boring and 8-4 w/first Nola bowl atmosphere? Contrary to belief, the latter is better for the program overall. Here's the catch, there are rah rah coaches that can go 13-1 as well. Doorknob personalities can't create atmosphere.

11. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    And what kind of attendance did that get him . . .
    Even with his charisma bypass three of the top-20 attended games.

Hear me out. When they complete the construction of the West side press box/suites, turn the field 180°. Basically have Ragin’ Cajuns at the 50 face the East side. Therefore the home side would be more visible on TV making an illusion that the game is more crowded than it actually is.

13. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Even with his charisma bypass three of the top-20 attended games.
    And a 15,000 average . . .

14. Default Re: What Happened

Louisiana needs a Mike Leach and the Swamp will be packed.

Since there are no Mike Leach types available to Louisiana at the moment, Mike Desormeaux needs to start his annual 24 town "Fill The Swamp" tour from January through June,

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Then you will be stuck with what we have. Nick Saban can do what he does because he competes for and wins national championships + P5 tv deal $. Mid major football is about fun and excitement. Are there things that I wish Hud hadn't done? Absolutely. It's more of a reflection on him as a person that that "type" of coach. We need a rah rah coach if we want any chance of filling the stands ever again. Give me a choice between 13-1 and boring and 8-4 w/first Nola bowl atmosphere? Contrary to belief, the latter is better for the program overall. Here's the catch, there are rah rah coaches that can go 13-1 as well. Doorknob personalities can't create atmosphere.
    Mike needs to learn the Cupid and the Harlem Shuffle. Pure and simple.

Saban did it.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information