Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: What Happened

Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    JMO Hud came in with the rah rah rah and having experiance from an SEC program brought us to our first modern day bowl game and got a huge emotional win, Napier was hired from a big-time program and hired a heck of a staff he was also supported by Slick Saban, CMD brings none of this, local product can't even be found in public. No head coaching experience or ties to a big-name program. How do you get excited when the coach isn't excited about his program in public.
    You finna get drug

2. Default Re: What Happened

What happened?

Failure to commit by the powers that be. Success builds on success. 2011, the first bowl game for this program in the modern era. "Paint the Quarter Red" That Ragin Cajuns football team showed many of us what it was like to win at another level. People showed up, spent money, and were treated to an emotional win. That season and the bowl win should have been a catalyst for commitment by UL leadership. The administration could have taken that success and built on it by making Ragin Cajun football games into the premier community event. Instead, we continue to struggle with game day operations, have a near invisible RCAF, and a lackluster marketing plan. The message the community gets from our administration is enjoy the glimmers of success and we'll maintain the status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    What happened?

Failure to commit by the powers that be. Success builds on success. 2011, the first bowl game for this program in the modern era. "Paint the Quarter Red" That Ragin Cajuns football team showed many of us what it was like to win at another level. People showed up, spent money, and were treated to an emotional win. That season and the bowl win should have been a catalyst for commitment by UL leadership. The administration could have taken that success and built on it by making Ragin Cajun football games into the premier community event. Instead, we continue to struggle with game day operations, have a near invisible RCAF, and a lackluster marketing plan. The message the community gets from our administration is enjoy the glimmers of success and we'll maintain the status quo.
    Well said. 10 years later....it feels and looks the same.

4. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Well said. 10 years later....it feels and looks the same.
    …..Hey guys, thanks for some thoughtful posts on our situation……can we get these compiled and brought to the folks that make it happen? The Ice Gators comparison was a real thought provoker……the same same same even with success doesn’t cut it…..but, I think the cost, ease of getting to the venue, and atmosphere pregame are okay (Cajun walk, stage band, baseball stadium activity and refreshments……agree? Please keep some SOLUTIONS TO SITUATIONS POSTS!

5. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    And our 1 P5 game wasn’t competitive.

Acadiana & rest of LA aren’t impressed with beating Nichols by 3 points.

Sorry.
    How Louisiana got there is known by you, and a few, that's it.

Going in to 2022 a massive 13-1 sales pitch would have doubled season ticket sales.

Something tells me the administration had very low expectations going into this past season. So much so, they didn't try to sell it.

6. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …..Hey guys, thanks for some thoughtful posts on our situation……can we get these compiled and brought to the folks that make it happen? The Ice Gators comparison was a real thought provoker……the same same same even with success doesn’t cut it…..but, I think the cost, ease of getting to the venue, and atmosphere pregame are okay (Cajun walk, stage band, baseball stadium activity and refreshments……agree? Please keep some SOLUTIONS TO SITUATIONS POSTS!
    This idea may seem minor, "irrelevant" or even counterproductive to some, but I feel Robichaux's Ticket Redemption game idea should be implemented for Louisiana's final home football game.

Savannah Bananas. Not the team activities, but the in game fan activities. Most of what they do can’t happen here, but mascot and other crowd activities can. If not football, use for baseball. Don’t be complacent.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Savannah Bananas. Not the team activities, but the in game fan activities. Most of what they do can’t happen here, but mascot and other crowd activities can. If not football, use for baseball. Don’t be complacent.
    Works well with baseball, not so sure about college football...could work with basketball and softball...

We need to tie each home game to a tailgate food festival or cook off…the stadium size needs to be reduced to 33k and the seating needs to be updated with premium seating as if you are at home with cup holders leg space, a phone/tablet holder and charger for syncing the game to real time broadcast while in seat to get access to replays and features to order food in stadium… people should not have to leave there seat except to go to the rest room…you got to make it comfortable as possible… also the students have to be the core heart beat of support and the school must drag these kids to the games with prize deals and entertainment. You got to make it the place to be! Oh and finally get real damn Cajun food in the stadium! Food is our culture so make it apart of the atmosphere.

10. Default Re: What Happened

The 36 inch TV with a tube started it, the 55 inch TV finished it and everything bigger is just Lagniappe for those who have truly perfected home viewing . . . access to virtually every college sporting event changed the game again . . . all this is there . . . with premium seating as if you are at home with cup holders (end tables and coffee tables) leg space, a phone/tablet holder and charger for syncing the game to real time broadcast (surround sound straight from the radio broadcast) while in seat to get access to replays and features to order food in stadium… people should not have to leave there seat except to go to the rest room…you got to make it comfortable as possible . . . and more . .. is already there right at home . . . parking easy, watch two or three games at a time . . . in bed the minute the game is over . . . AND WE BLAMING MAGGARD . . .

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    We need to tie each home game to a tailgate food festival or cook off…the stadium size needs to be reduced to 33k and the seating needs to be updated with premium seating as if you are at home with cup holders leg space, a phone/tablet holder and charger for syncing the game to real time broadcast while in seat to get access to replays and features to order food in stadium… people should not have to leave there seat except to go to the rest room…you got to make it comfortable as possible… also the students have to be the core heart beat of support and the school must drag these kids to the games with prize deals and entertainment. You got to make it the place to be! Oh and finally get real damn Cajun food in the stadium! Food is our culture so make it apart of the atmosphere.
    Jeezus, if you got to make it THAT comfy for people to go to games, ____ it.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Hopefully I'm wrong and this is not prophetic, but I wouldn't be surprised if we end up back in lockdowns and mandatory masks for another stupid virus this coming year or 2024.
    I hope the American sheeple aren’t stupid enough to fall for the BS again.

Of the top 20 attended games in Cajun Field, eight were under Hud and three under Napier.

And the conference championship game with Appalachian state was only number 7 under Napier.

I think the one massive failure, and make no mistake, it is weighing on us greatly today, was Napier’s inability to reach out to the community.

Where are the stories of helicopters with Napier in them landing at high school football games?

Where are the stories of the time when Napier handed out donuts or snow cones to the students at the corner of Rex and Saint Mary?

I don’t remember seeing the players walking the perimeter of the field after the game high-fiving with the kids in the stands.

I don’t remember seeing pictures of Napier sitting with the incoming freshmen in the bleachers during orientation.

Huge, massive failure on the part of CBN and how it didn’t attach that present moment with the future.

If somebody is reading this, can you get Dez a ride on a a helicopter next fall?

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    I'll give you an example. I did not request tickets to the bowl game as I had prior engagements that day. Did I get a call to see if I wanted tickets or if I wanted to donate tickets? Nope?

If someone doesn't renew season tickets or rcaf, no one calls them to follow up.
    This year I forgot to renew my baseball tickets and I did get a call before they were released to the general public to see if I still wanted them.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Would love to see increased marketing efforts outside of Lafayette Parish.
    HA!

As someone who was living in Acadia Parish during a couple of HUD's best years, I can confirm there was nearly zero effort to capitalize in neighboring parishes. Maybe Vermilion Parish. Certainly nothing to the West.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information