Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 . LastLast

Thread: What Happened

Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Yes. Why don’t you attend football games anymore? I asked you earlier and you conveniently skipped over the question.
    I prefer to stream the game with friends and family or at their house. We cook what we want without having to wait in line for a SODEX hotdog. I prefer to drink whatever I want without paying through the nose for it. I prefer to not having to smell urine when I use the restroom. I prefer listening to game without having music blaring so loudly it gives people a headache. I can also step outside on the patio for a smoke or if the weather is nice, can watch the game on the patio.

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    I prefer to stream the game with friends and family or at their house. We cook what we want without having to wait in line for a SODEX hotdog. I prefer to drink whatever I want without paying through the nose for it. I prefer to not having to smell urine when I use the restroom. I prefer listening to game without having music blaring so loudly it gives people a headache. I can also step outside on the patio for a smoke or if the weather is nice, can watch the game on the patio.
    I agree it's hard to sell seeing a football game in person now-a-days, especially if friends and family take begging. I think the only thing fixed in your list since your last visit has probably been the restrooms, Lol. At least on the visitor and SEZ sides.

Not sure how to get casuals back into the stadium, we need them.

3. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Since Lafonda has been used as an example several times here I'll do the same. Imagine if they started giving away their Margaritas for free. It would no longer be the place to be and it would attract an undesirable crowd. When something is free it is seen to have no value at all. Free is not the answer for building anything of value. Free tailgating would may create a festival type atmosphere but wouldn't put any more hinnies in the seats. Putting butts in the seats is the main goal here. Now if you want to decrease prices in some areas inside cajun field I am all ears. And if you want a free area that could be done in other areas as well.
    Sorry to go way back but I'm just catching up on this thread.
    Free isn't the silver bullet but a tiered approach that prioritizes A) Legacy spots and B) Optics from the road is absolutely necessary. As we've discussed before, Esq's idea to totally switch the tailgating from the West side to the East (and blame it on CF renovation), to me, is the easiest and best way to fix the tailgating issues. Totally agree with assigning value and I've made a stink about this for years, but in our situation, where we're trying to establish just what that value is, you have to be flexible. Not inconsistent, but flexible. There is a reason why clearance racks exist in all retail. Even at Sach's 5th Avenue.

Putting butts in seats is OUR priority. But to the people selling tickets and paying bills, it isn't. Getting the money is their top priority which doesn't translate to butts in seats. If XYZ Company commits to 25 season tickets, but only half of the employees use the tickets, we have a large swath of seats being paid for but not used. This happens often with UL Football. Athletics needs the money, so they seek out businesses to buy tickets. That is a very bad way to create atmosphere inside the stadium. Not saying it's wrong, but it's not accomplishing the goal of that "shared energy" that we talk about.

4. Default Re: What Happened

So what exactly are you doing here?

This right here is a great example of why the Gameday Experience Ticket idea is a winner. People would be allowed to go back and forth between the game and their tailgate if they want some of the things listed above.

6. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    This right here is a great example of why the Gameday Experience Ticket idea is a winner. People would be allowed to go back and forth between the game and their tailgate if they want some of the things listed above.
    Another thing no one talks about Concessions have been ass for decades but we complained less about it in the past. Why? The no reentry rule. In the past, people would just skip the long lines and go back to the tailgate for halftime. Now? You can't do that. It's either stay stuck in line for 30-40 minutes or leave the game.

I can only explain it. I can’t make someone understand it.
    So, regardless of your listing of not going due to the amenties at home (your own food, your own drink, your own bathroom, the ability to smoke) would you go if you're given a parking pass?

If not, I'm assuming you don't go to the movies or to concerts or to festivals?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    would the “multiple reentry” ticket (???) come with a higher price than regular ticket? maybe five bucks more?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    So what exactly are you doing here?
    The same thing you are.
    What exactly are you doing here?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    So, regardless of your listing of not going due to the amenties at home (your own food, your own drink, your own bathroom, the ability to smoke) would you go if you're given a parking pass?

If not, I'm assuming you don't go to the movies or to concerts or to festivals?
    I’m at the point in my life where if given a parking pass I still wouldn’t attend football games. Why would I? I have everything I want without the hassle of attending.

I haven’t been to a movie theater in many years. Again, why would I? Concerts? Been a few years. Festivals? Have been to Festival Acadian since it’s inception.

You?

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    would the “multiple reentry” ticket (???) come with a higher price than regular ticket? maybe five bucks more?
    The only Ticket would be the Gameday Ticket. The idea is that it would be required for entry in to the fenced area, or the Outer Stadium Area as I call it.

12. Default Re: What Happened

Like I posted earlier, this is what was learned about the home day experience that many did not know before Covid:

offer more than;

1. Less that $1 beers, always cold and 30 seconds from your couch, recliner or patio
    2. whiskey, wine, frozen drinks, seltzers of your choice and a very low price 30 seconds from your couch, recliner or patio
    3. 50 inch to 85 inch TV's, multiple on at a time
    4. baby back ribs on the green egg in viewing distance of the TV
    5. every game available on the + or regular TV
    6. ability to keep up with all games of interest while enjoying Cajun Football
    7. no parking issues
    8. no concession issues
    9. restroom immediately available, some with TV's in the restroom
    10. no drive home
    11. halftime boutte available if you good
    12. boutte available immediately after the game if you are not that good

Because of Covid, many who would not have otherwise experienced the home game experience were forced to do so and they liked it. That combined with the economy keeping many in the oilfield out of offering free tailgating and tickets, the attending fan base graying and the treatment of students all combine to get us where we are today . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Like I posted earlier, this is what was learned about the home day experience that many did not know before Covid:

offer more than;

1. Less that $1 beers, always cold and 30 seconds from your couch, recliner or patio
    2. whiskey, wine, frozen drinks, seltzers of your choice and a very low price 30 seconds from your couch, recliner or patio
    7. no parking issues
    8. no concession issues
    10. no drive home

Because of Covid, many who would not have otherwise experienced the home game experience were forced to do so and they liked it. That combined with the economy keeping many in the oilfield out of offering free tailgating and tickets, the attending fan base graying and the treatment of students all combine to get us where we are today . . .
    You forgot a climate controlled environment with a high of 74, a low of 72, no rain, and no glare from the sun.

Lacking this, maybe Maggard should schedule all home games late Octobor into November, coordinating with Perillo to insure the ultimate outdoor fan experience.

Might have to squeeze a few games into a few days depending on when a front might come through.

14. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    You forgot a climate controlled environment with a high of 74, a low of 72, no rain, and no glare from the sun.

Lacking this, maybe Maggard should schedule all home games late Octobor into November, coordinating with Perillo to insure the ultimate outdoor fan experience.

Might have to squeeze a few games into a few days depending on when a front might come through.
    It is becoming ever harder for Universities to compete with the Facts

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post

offer more than;

7. no parking issues
    8. no concession issues
    10. no drive home

For me none of that is better than a college game day atmosphere. I can sit on my patio and cook ribs and drink the beverage of my choice and do all those things every other weekend of the year. The 6 college football home game days are 6 of my favorite days of the year. I wouldn't miss being in that action for nothing. They'd even be better if our community actually supported the university that is the life blood of our economy.

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 . LastLast

Thread Information