Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 . LastLast

Thread: What Happened

Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    I always thought there were 2 ways to draw 40k+.

1. Play a major P5 school at their field and beat them handily. Then it wouldn't matter who you were playing at home, even Comeaux High, the crowds would still come out to see the school that just beat the P5 at their place.

2. Play the major P5's at homeAlabama, GA, Clemsonthat would fill the stadium.
    Because in the past, there was this naive idea that winning either of #1 or #2 above would get your school some attention and respect

Then we actually do #1, finished ranked, and get rewarded with a game against a 4 loss CUSA team.

Next year team loses one game to a P5 team, again finishes ranked, and get a game against a 5 loss Marshall team.

Casual fans figured out that G5 football carries no more weight than minor league baseball It's something to do if you get free tickets, the weather is perfect, and there's no festivals or monster trucks in town

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    I'm not saying it's all UL's fault

It's not their fault the conference _____d out Tuesday night games for a wink from ESPN

It's also not their fault that they announced their ambitious facilities expansion plans right into the teeth of another oilfield and local economy collapse.

I never minded the walk to the stadium because I'd be rewarded with a cold beer from one of several tailgating spots Those spots disappeared though when they hiked prices and added tons of restrictions.
    I have been having the same spot between the back side of the mechanical building and the paved road that runs through the grass field since the mid 90s. Of course one can expect to pay more over the years as every thing goes up. But I am not sure what restrictions you are talking about? The rules have been the same as always to my knowledge.

That's just the explanation I was given "It's too expensive and they added a bunch of rules". Person may have been full of it

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    For years we had 30k people outside the stadium partying all day, and the struggle was convincing them to come in to the game. That was tough to do when the team sucked but Hudspeth's community involvement + better quality of play put butts in seats.

Then we

- Raised ticket prices
    - Raised tailgating prices
    - Quadrupled down on mid-week games to get on TV
    - Forced people to park away from the stadium then walk THRU the empty stadium lot
    - Added food/drink options but chronically understand concessions, even with 10k people
    - Blast PA music between plays that 90% of those old fans don't enjoy, in hopes of getting thousand more students to show up

List goes on and on
    Oh….and grew our athletic budget from $17M to over $35M before Covid.

So, ____ it! Let’s go back to the good ole days.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    True That should help us to expand and build even more empty seats!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    It’s time to return to Cajun Field. I’ll be happy to provide you with food/drinks and a ticket.
    Man ____ him! He is a POS that bashes this university every chance he gets. He’s not a fan, he will never be a fan, he’s actually a waste of time on this site.

Let’s go back to the good ole days.
    Finally someone who gets it.

Man ____ him! He is a POS that bashes this university every chance he gets. He’s not a fan, he will never be a fan, he’s actually a waste of time on this site.
    Just because you don’t understand the situation doesn’t mean you should take things personally. You don’t know me, thank god. I’m not bashing. I’m pointing out the problems. Again, I can only explain the problem(s) to you. I can’t make you understand it/them.

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    Just because you don’t understand the situation doesn’t mean you should take things personally. You don’t know me, thank god. I’m not bashing. I’m pointing out the problems. Again, I can only explain the problem(s) to you. I can’t make you understand it/them.
    We know who you are. You aren’t pointing things out. You take shots at this university constantly.

If you don’t think I understand the situation at this university? I was a two sport athlete here, saw the struggles of the staff of each sport and understand the shortcomings of this program. From the inside and out.

This city is built around this university, and people like you and the majority of the others would rather ____ on it than support it.

You support the team to the East. Yet I don’t see you condemning the sex party they had at their bowl game. Leading to the termination of a coach, on campus recruiting director and a star WR.

But please continue to bash this university.

We know who you are. You aren’t pointing things out. You take shots at this university constantly.

If you don’t think I understand the situation at this university? I was a two sport athlete here, saw the struggles of the staff of each sport and understand the shortcomings of this program. From the inside and out.

This city is built around this university, and people like you and the majority of the others would rather ____ on it than support it.

You support the team to the East. Yet I don’t see you condemning the sex party they had at their bowl game. Leading to the termination of a coach, on campus recruiting director and a star WR.

Boosters stealing from children’s hospitals to pay players, coaches admitting on the phone that they cheat, coaches and staff intentionally hiding sexual assault against student-athletes…the list goes on at the school.

You have no idea who I am. Do I point out problems with the university? Of course. Why wouldn’t I or anyone else for that matter? We would all like to see a full football stadium, just like the baseball and softball sports. Long ago, the city’s economy might have revolved around the university. Not now. Medical field, oil field, construction, etc are part of the driving force of the economy.
    Your delusional outlook on which sports team(s) I support is just that. So exactly what make you think I am an LSU supporter? I’ll wait for your answer. Pointing out problems isn’t bashing. Get out into the real world for a chance. It will do you some good.

So, ____ it! Let’s go back to the good ole days.
    I remember the budget being like 8.9 Million.

Why don’t you attend football games anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Why don’t you attend football games anymore?
    Me?

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    Me?
    Yes. Why don’t you attend football games anymore? I asked you earlier and you conveniently skipped over the question.

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 . LastLast

Thread Information