Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 . LastLast

Thread: What Happened

1. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Yepppp.
    Nothing like an A Hole being critical of his Alma Mater and fellow alumni because for whatever inadequacies he couldn’t attend the university of choice.

Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    The apathy for the program was and is in part because of the parking situation.
    You're childish and pathetic Mike. Go away.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    You're childish and pathetic Mike. Go away.
    He reminds me of Jim Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Neither one of those schools is in Louisiana with an Acadiana fanbase.

Had he won one at UL in the same fashion as at LSU, damn right he would have received the same ovation.
    Not in Baton Rouge

Wow. The only place in America that parking across the street for free created apathy. Get lost mo-Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Absolutely . . . He played sports in Lafayette before college and he is a Mahtook . . . Again, this is one reason why we can’t have anything nice . . .
    Your “reason we can’t have nice things” comments/attitude are the reason we don’t have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Nothing like an A Hole being critical of his Alma Mater and fellow alumni because for whatever inadequacies he couldn’t attend the university of choice.
    Make no mistake TB Mike attended USL but never graduated. Dumb @$$ couldn’t pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    A 20x20 spot for less than 100 bucks a game is not what I would call ridiculous amounts of money. Most people have at least friend or 2 they could split that with. Curious what would you define as a fair price for the size tail gate spots that are available at Cajun field in the main tailgating area?
    Do they charge money for a party spot at a festival? This isn't our culture. A free for all is what we need. Let the athletic department find some other way to rake in the cash. We need to MAKE TAILGATING GREAT AGAIN!

Never thought I'd see the day that I agree with Lafayette Man.

Quote Originally Posted by ULtramaga View Post
    Let the athletic department find some other way to rake in the cash. We need to MAKE TAILGATING GREAT AGAIN!
    For years we had 30k people outside the stadium partying all day, and the struggle was convincing them to come in to the game. That was tough to do when the team sucked but Hudspeth's community involvement + better quality of play put butts in seats.

Then we

- Raised ticket prices
    - Raised tailgating prices
    - Quadrupled down on mid-week games to get on TV
    - Forced people to park away from the stadium then walk THRU the empty stadium lot
    - Added food/drink options but chronically understand concessions, even with 10k people
    - Blast PA music between plays that 90% of those old fans don't enjoy, in hopes of getting thousand more students to show up

List goes on and on

Quote Originally Posted by ULtramaga View Post
    Do they charge money for a party spot at a festival? This isn't our culture. A free for all is what we need. Let the athletic department find some other way to rake in the cash. We need to MAKE TAILGATING GREAT AGAIN!
    Yes, some festivals do charge for a party spot and some charge admission. Those that don't have those costs covered by sponsors. So I guess the answer to "MAKE TAILGATING GREAT AGAIN" (AKA free) would be to find sponsors to offset the income it currently brings into the program.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    So I guess the answer to "MAKE TAILGATING GREAT AGAIN" (AKA free) would be to find sponsors to offset the income it currently brings into the program.
    You think selling 15k more tickets would offset the loss of income from charging for parking?

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    You think selling 15k more tickets would offset the loss of income from charging for parking?
    What was the biggest issue when tailgating was free? Getting those people into the stadium. Those 15K you're referring to won't enter the stadium if tailgating is free and if they do, they'll say concession lines or food costs are the reason they won't return. Random people aren't showing up these days. We're now seeing what the Baldwin hire did. The lack of cultivating fans those days is starting to show.

Lord help us. Value is what a patron perceives it to be. What is of value to you may not be of value to me. No, the university has not denied anyone the opportunity to purchase a ticket. The majority of people that would regularly attend football games aren’t willing to join the RCAF and everything that it entails. It doesn’t hold enough value to them.
    RCAF membership can cost $100 per year.

Joining RCAF also helps athletics.

There are people posting on here they haven't been asked to donate; this is a way that is done. If people are not willing; wait let me reprhase this; if people are ONLY interested in going if it is free, of what value are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Wow. The only place in America that parking across the street for free created apathy. Get lost mo-Ron.
    Big Poppi doesn’t like the truth?

It’s not the parking across the street that created the apathy. Put your thinking cap on. I’ve already pointed out that people will park and walk (softball) when parking isn’t available.

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 . LastLast

Thread Information