Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 . LastLast

Thread: What Happened

Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Yes I am fully aware. Had nothing to do with it. You think if he won a championship at Texas or Arizona anyone would have gave a ____…
    Neither one of those schools is in Louisiana with an Acadiana fanbase.

Had he won one at UL in the same fashion as at LSU, damn right he would have received the same ovation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Why would he not?

If UL had won in say…2018, you can bet Hogan Harris, one of our stating pitchers and played at STM, would have received the same, especially if he balled out.

I get despising LSU itself and a good portion of their fanbase due to past and recent antics, but pretty petty to hold it against locals for cheering a fellow local who just one the College World Series.
    That is not a fair comparison. Lets say Hogan played at Catholic of BR and won a CWS here. Do you think he’d get a standing ovation at a restaurant in BR? H E L L NO.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    If the university doesn’t quit chasing off the students, in particular the Greeks, none of this matters. Support Is being killed at the grassroots instead if being planted. I don’t care what ideas anyone had to fix it, if you keep looking across at an empty student section, nothing you do matters.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Never been to that place when I lived in Lafayette. My roommate worked there and told me a story about Mikie Mahtook getting a standing ovation one night after LSUs 2009 baseball national championship…that’s all I needed to know….
    Mikie still big leagues folks around town. Dude forgot where he comes from and is a _____.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I thought you only set foot in their once . . . again posting without any know . .
    You're not good at context are you? F off troll. And it's THERE not their. Fkn idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Mikie still big leagues folks around town. Dude forgot where he comes from and is a _____.
    That has nothing to do with being a pro ball player. It’s DNA. His little cousin used to come to my house and play with my son. When he was 9 or 10 he’d tell my son he had to get the front seat because he is a Mathook and my boy had to get in the back I’d tell him to get his @$$ in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    That has nothing to do with being a pro ball player. It’s DNA. His little cousin used to come to my house and play with my son. When he was 9 or 10 he’d tell my son he had to get the front seat because he is a Mathook and my boy had to get in the back I’d tell him to get his @$$ in the back.
    Just curious did you ever make RV ride in the back?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Just curious did you ever make RV ride in the back?
    Never rode in my car.

Never rode in my car.
    What about his old man?

No you get the point. Nothing that is given for free is seen to have value. Free would not solve any problems in getting people into the stadium. It would just make the product be perceived to be worth nothing and even less desirable.

Has the university denied the casual fan the right to purchase a ticket? How exactly have they chased them off?
    Lord help us. Value is what a patron perceives it to be. What is of value to you may not be of value to me. No, the university has not denied anyone the opportunity to purchase a ticket. The majority of people that would regularly attend football games aren’t willing to join the RCAF and everything that it entails. It doesn’t hold enough value to them.

Who does T-Joe report to?

It’s almost like a 180° turn in terms of University support from 2018 to now. Someone above T-Joe is pulling the strings.

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    Lord help us. Value is what a patron perceives it to be. What is of value to you may not be of value to me. No, the university has not denied anyone the opportunity to purchase a ticket. The majority of people that would regularly attend football games aren’t willing to join the RCAF and everything that it entails. It doesn’t hold enough value to them.
    It entails $50.

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    But I'm certain many of those people would return if there was free parking and tickets that cost the same as STM tickets right?

Thats a small sample size. I tend to look at the big picture. We also never had a year before last when you had 45 players from the previous years roster turn over. The more you type the more I believe you are not really being serious.
    The more you type, I realize what I’m dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    But I'm certain many of those people would return if there was free parking and tickets that cost the same as STM tickets right?
    I doubt it. It’s way too easy now to stream the game.

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 . LastLast

Thread Information