Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread: What Happened

Default Re: What Happened

If the university doesn’t quit chasing off the students, in particular the Greeks, none of this matters. Support Is being killed at the grassroots instead if being planted. I don’t care what ideas anyone had to fix it, if you keep looking across at an empty student section, nothing you do matters.

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    So clue me in. EXACTLY what has the RCAF done for the student athletes and coaches?
    Not to butt into y'alls conversation. Have you seen the new nutrition and supplement program? Have you noticed that we are more competitive with our salary pool for paying assistant coaches? That just 2 things of the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Free

Or it will always be what it is today. How can people not see this? UL tailgating is sad.
    Since Lafonda has been used as an example several times here I'll do the same. Imagine if they started giving away their Margaritas for free. It would no longer be the place to be and it would attract an undesirable crowd. When something is free it is seen to have no value at all. Free is not the answer for building anything of value. Free tailgating would may create a festival type atmosphere but wouldn't put any more hinnies in the seats. Putting butts in the seats is the main goal here. Now if you want to decrease prices in some areas inside cajun field I am all ears. And if you want a free area that could be done in other areas as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Have you seen the new nutrition and supplement program? Have you noticed that we are more competitive with our salary pool for paying assistant coaches. That just 2 things of the top of my head.
    The current assistant coaches pay is more competitive due to hiring a local verses the hiring of a well known coach. The university saved itself a couple of million after it’s exhaustive nationwide search. So it’s has a nutritional program. Ok. So, what else after 13 years.

Since Lafonda has been used as an example several times here I'll do the same. Imagine if they started giving away their Margaritas for free. It would no longer be the place to be and it would attract an undesirable crowd. When something is free it is seen to have no value at all. Free is not the answer for building anything of value. Free tailgating would may create a festival type atmosphere but wouldn't put any more hinnies in the seats. Putting butts in the seats is the main goal here. Now if you want to decrease prices in some areas inside cajun field I am all ears. And if you want a free area that could be done in other areas as well.
    If LaFonda was giving away its margaritas, you wouldn’t be able to walk into the place. It would be overcrowded.

The current assistant coaches pay is more competitive due to hiring a local verses the hiring of a well known coach. The university saved itself a couple of million after it’s exhaustive nationwide search. So it’s has a nutritional program. Ok. So, what else after 13 years.
    I am talking about going back to hud and Napier days. Look also at the amount of staff and analyst they have compared to pre RCAF days. Also where do you think the cost of living stipend the players get comes from?

The part about saving a couple million on the Des hire is not true. Des makes 750ish. That is about what Napier made when he was first hired. Napiers replacement wasn't going to come in here for what Napier left at. He was going to get something around where Napier started at no matter local or not.

If LaFonda was giving away its margaritas, you wouldn’t be able to walk into the place. It would be overcrowded.
    Probably so with a crowd that couldn't afford to buy a 10 dollar football ticket. You see that margarita just became worth nothing.

I am talking about going back to hud and Napier days. Look also at the amount of staff and analyst they have compared to pre RCAF days. Also where do you think the cost of living stipend the players get comes from?
    So did the increase in staff and analyst have any bearing on a losing record? I believe players in scholarship shouldn’t receive any stipend/payments, etc. They are getting an opportunity to attend a university free of charge.

9. Default Re: What Happened

$10 just covers the fees these days . . .

Probably so with a crowd that couldn't afford to buy a 10 dollar football ticket. You see that margarita just became worth nothing.
    The crowd can afford a $10 ticket. The problem is they chose not to buy a ticket.

So did the increase in staff and analyst have any bearing on a losing record? I believe players in scholarship shouldn’t receive any stipend/payments, etc. They are getting an opportunity to attend a university free of charge.
    I don't think anyone care what you believe. If the people you recruit against are giving a kid cost of living to put gas in his car, buy a burger and bring his girl friend out you better be able to match that if you want to get him.

Yes. Don't know if you have been paying attention but since they have increased staff with analyst and all we have had some of the best years in cajuns football history going back to the first NOLA bowl against SDSU until now.

12. Default Re: What Happened

The part about saving a couple million on the Des hire is not true. Des makes 750ish. That is about what Napier made when he was first hired. Napiers replacement wasn't going to come in here for what Napier left at. He was going to get something around where Napier started at no matter local or not.
    The we were never going to come close to hiring anyone interviewed or any of the coaches suggested by people butt hurt at the CMD hire. CMD is by far the best hire we could have made at that salary level. He is the right hire at any salary.

A liter of margaritas is $27.

The crowd can afford a $10 ticket. The problem is they chose not to buy a ticket.
    That's two different crowds. The people who would show up to Lafonda if you were giving away free Margaritas only might go to cajun field on Mardi Gras weekend. They not going to football games anyway.

15. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    A liter of margaritas is $27.
    It’s a $50 bargain . . .

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread Information