Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread: What Happened

Default Re: What Happened

Official margarita of the Ragin' Cajuns. They raffle off 2 season tickets each year. The more margaritas you buy, the more chances you get.

Offical po-boy...Olde Tyme.

Official plate lunch...Laura's two (is Madonna related to Harvey?).

Official bbq...Dwight's.

Official boiled crawfish...

Official daiquiri...

Offical boudin...

Offical cracklin'....

Buying in from the vendors, getting folks in their establishments, and using that as a conduit to get butts in the seats.

Sorry for the thread jacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    LaFonda's true secret sauce is "Cars in the Parking Lot"

This is why a full tailgating atmosphere should be Priority One.

It may take a while to translate but LaFonda's has stood the test of time.
    Lafondas parking lot is full because of the margaritas. Still need something to peak the peoples interest to get them to want to park in the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    I'm afraid UL football and athletics in general (minus the diamond sports) is a bit of a generational thing at this point.
    THIS^^^^^^
    For those Martin Hall folks that cruise RP, bring this back to daddy. It’s probably the single largest obstacle UL faces long term.

4. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Lafondas parking lot is full because of the margaritas. Still need something to peak the peoples interest to get them to want to park in the lot.
    Business success 101: People want to be where people are.

"START" with looking busy.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    THIS^^^^^^
    For those Martin Hall folks that cruise RP, bring this back to daddy. It’s probably the single largest obstacle UL faces long term.
    And the sad thing is they are trying their hardest to run off the next generation every weekend at Cajun field this past year.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Business success 101: People want to be where people are.

"START" with looking busy.
    Yes. But you have to have people show up to look busy. So to look busy you have to give them a reason to fill the lot. As of now it appears the product on the field and in the stadium isn’t the answer. So the question is how do you get people to show up in order to look busy?

7. Default Re: What Happened

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I found my wife who does not drink in the bar at Lafonda at about 9:30 on a Friday night . . . I had been there since 4:30 or so . . .
    A love story.

8. Default Re: What Happened

You are demonstrating that you know little about either attendance at Lafonda or at Cajun Field . . .

Yes. But you have to have people show up to look busy. So to look busy you have to give them a reason to fill the lot. As of now it appears the product on the field and in the stadium isn’t the answer. So the question is how do you get people to show up in order to look busy?
    You have to stop charging people ridiculous amounts of money to tailgate in an ugly parking lot. Period.

So the question is how do you get people to show up in order to look busy?
    Cancel the failed experiment called the RCAF.

The university is catering to the incorrect demographic.

The casual fan doesn’t need the university. But the university needs the casual fan.

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    Cancel the failed experiment called the RCAF.

The university is catering to the incorrect demographic.

The casual fan doesn’t need the university. But the university needs the casual fan.
    Every university has an athletic foundation. You obviously have no clue what the RCAF does for the student athletes and coaches. It needs better leadership and growth not abolishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Official bbq...Dwight's
    Anyone who knows real BBQ knows Blanchard’s is hands down the best! I’d argue they have the best BBQ in Louisiana…which isn’t saying much considering Louisiana doesn’t BBQ.

But I love your point!

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    You have to stop charging people ridiculous amounts of money to tailgate in an ugly parking lot. Period.
    A 20x20 spot for less than 100 bucks a game is not what I would call ridiculous amounts of money. Most people have at least friend or 2 they could split that with. Curious what would you define as a fair price for the size tail gate spots that are available at Cajun field in the main tailgating area?

A 20x20 spot for less than 100 bucks a game is not what I would call ridiculous amounts of money. Most people have at least friend or 2 they could split that with. Curious what would you define as a fair price for the size tail gate spots that are available at Cajun field in the main tailgating area?
    Free

Or it will always be what it is today. How can people not see this? UL tailgating is sad.

Every university has an athletic foundation. You obviously have no clue what the RCAF does for the student athletes and coaches. It needs better leadership and growth not abolishment.
    So clue me in. EXACTLY what has the RCAF done for the student athletes and coaches?

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information