Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Current Book Reading or Recently Read

1. Default Re: Current Book Reading or Recently Read

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Just finished "Hillbilly Elegy" by Congressman J.D. Vance. A pretty gripping story of a kid born into a poor, country family who worked his way out of it into Ohio State University and then Yale Law School. A real American Dream story.
    Via the USMC and the g.i.bill

Default Re: Current Book Reading or Recently Read

About halfway through The Quiet Game by Greg Iles. Read a few of the books in this series in college. I remember enjoying them, so I decided to revisit.

Default Re: CURRENT BOOK

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    There is a website called bible hub where you can type in a verse and see all the translations laid out together on same page
    Our group is doing real time comparison/discussion verse by verse presently. We started Acts back around March/April, hitting halfway tomorrow. Nothing really controversial, but there is always a takeaway each study. Going to read Babb’s suggestion next.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Our group is doing real time comparison/discussion verse by verse presently. We started Acts back around March/April, hitting halfway tomorrow. Nothing really controversial, but there is always a takeaway each study. Going to read Babb’s suggestion next.
    Sweet! Let me know what you think when you are done. I’m not mentioned by name, but I do make a cameo appearance hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Sweet! Let me know what you think when you are done. I’m not mentioned by name, but I do make a cameo appearance hahaha
    Ordered it, supposedly will be here Monday. I’m one who tries with all I am to avoid church politics, that’s why the title intrigues me.

6. Default Re: Current Book Reading or Recently Read

On Desperate Ground about the Korean War was very good. Amazing how unprepared the US military was for war so soon after WW2. The view of the top echelons of the military lines up pretty well with what I read in Hue 1968. The failure of the out of touch, and out of area, leaders to listen to the 'on the ground' guys was stunning.

Did not finish the bio I started. Same as always I got bogged down!
    Finished Neptune's Inferno. Very interesting take on the US Navy's transitional period between sail and nuke powered and the logistical issues caused. Also the first uses if radar in naval battles and how it was uses, not used and misused. Good stuff for sure.
    Also finished Area 51 by Annie JAcobsen. Great read and quite interesting on how the govt maintains secrets. Some things were/are so classified that the President did not have access. That is crazy to me!

How many books does ome get credit for having read if we read and re-read the 797 pages of covid posts

Currently reading Rise and Kill First: The Secret History of Israel’s Targeted Assassinations.

9. Default Re: Current Book Reading or Recently Read

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Currently reading Rise and Kill First: The Secret History of Israel’s Targeted Assassinations.
    Good one. If you enjoy, try Jacobsen's Surprise, Kill, Vanish. Same ideas but about the CIA

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    Good one. If you enjoy, try Jacobsen's Surprise, Kill, Vanish. Same ideas but about the CIA
    Enjoyed that one. Read it at beginning of year. Her book Operation Paperclip is another good one.

I plan on reading her newest book Nuclear War soon.

The Real Anthony Fauci

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    The Real Anthony Fauci
    No politics, lol

Ok, just completed the book. Where’s your cameo? LOL

Actually a good book. Read many similar before, same flow and takeaways.

I have a minister friend (who I’ve asked to do my memorial service when that day comes) who has been asked to be the pastor at a replant church. I hope to be passing this book on to him.

Funny how that God thing works.

FWIW, no not checking out yet. Just have as many as my Earthly ducks in a row when I’m called home.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Ok, just completed the book. Where’s your cameo? LOL

Actually a good book. Read many similar before, same flow and takeaways.

I have a minister friend (who I’ve asked to do my memorial service when that day comes) who has been asked to be the pastor at a replant church. I hope to be passing this book on to him.

Funny how that God thing works.

FWIW, no not checking out yet. Just have as many as my Earthly ducks in a row when I’m called home.
    There’s a part where talks about his friend who like professional wrestling but his wife makes fun of him for it. That guy is me.

Glad you enjoyed the book. Mark is a great guy.

There’s a part where talks about his friend who like professional wrestling but his wife makes fun of him for it. That guy is me.

Glad you enjoyed the book. Mark is a great guy.
    Lol. Yep no cheating in wrasslin either.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information