Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasons for 2023 Football Optimism

UL Football Reasons for 2023 Football Optimism

I know many of us are disappointed in the way the overall season went and giving away the bowl game to UofH in the 2nd Half. However, in the spirit of the Christmas Season, just follow me on this one.

A former college QB with zero collegiate head coaching experience, and under the age of 40, lost 7 games, the final one to an AAC team headquartered less than 225 miles down I-10 from Cajun Field. We entered the following season with a new starting QB who played high school ball in Baton Rouge, and went on a run where we lost only five games the next three seasons, and finished the last two with one loss each and a Top 20 ranking.

A former college QB with zero collegiate head coaching experience, and under the age of 40, lost 7 games, the final one to an AAC team headquartered less than 225 miles down I-10 from Cajun Field. There is a decent possibility we enter next season with a new starting QB who played high school ball in Baton Rouge.

So with that said...

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Cajunrunner; December 27th, 2022 at 11:03 am. Reason: Changing for accuracy, thanks to Mullet, so my optimism can be justified.

Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

wow

Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I know many of us are disappointed in the way the overall season went and giving away the bowl game to UofH in the 2nd Half. However, in the spirit of the Christmas Season, just follow me on this one.

A former college QB with zero collegiate head coaching experience, and under the age of 40, led us to a 6-6 regular season, and concluded with a loss to an AAC team headquartered less than 225 miles down I-10 from Cajun Field. We entered the following season with a new starting QB who played high school ball in Baton Rouge, and went on a run where we lost only five games the next three seasons, and finished the last two with one loss each and a Top 20 ranking.

A former college QB with zero collegiate head coaching experience, and under the age of 40, led us to a 6-6 regular season, and concluded with a loss to an AAC team headquartered less than 225 miles down I-10 from Cajun Field. There is a decent possibility we enter next season with a new starting QB who played high school ball in Baton Rouge.

So with that said...
    Understand your correlation and it’s great to look at the similarities in hopes that we go on a similar run. But the first guy was 7-5 in his first regular season and won the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Understand your correlation and it’s great to look at the similarities in hopes that we go on a similar run. But the first guy was 7-5 in his first regular season and won the division.
    ______!

Ok...I'll change it. They both lost 7 games. Give me something here!

Also in 2018 the rest of the west combined for 20 wins…Troy and USA alone have 22 wins this year.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Also in 2018 the rest of the west combined for 20 wins…Troy and USA alone have 22 wins this year.
    and we should have beat them both grrrrr ok I’m done lol

______!

Ok...I'll change it. They both lost 7 games. Give me something here!
    Lol

Ok, I'll run with the Christmas Optimism. I think Des loves UL and being the HC. I also think the players love playing for Des. This is the foundation that the program will be built upon. I think Des learned a lot this year and will examine everything he did wrong during this offseason. I think he realizes the run game is sub par and will do everything he can to improve it, including starting players that he isn't just loyal too (@RB). I think we may even start to have a real passing game if what I've seen of Zeon is a true sample of what he is capable of. The Defense was good, but not perfect by any means, especially giving up big plays. I think Morgan will also improve. He was really the biggest positive of the season as far as I see it. I believe if he can keep the momentum going next year, he will have big money coming (from another program of course) in his future. Most of all, I think we are past the tremendous upheaval that happened for the first time in this old programs history. The uncertainty is reduced going into next season and with that we have more hope for success, at least I do.

9. Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

Baww yall could eff up a wet dream..

10. Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

Loss on Loss to end the 2018 season.

This team is better

LoL

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Correct the west has and will continue to improve.

Also only 63 scholarships players on that 2018 squad coming off probation. Additionally 2017 was probably the lowest point in program history since early 2000s . While 2021 was the highest ever so I don't think the two seasons are comparable at all.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Also only 63 scholarships players on that 2018 squad coming off probation. Additionally 2017 was probably the lowest point in program history since early 2000s . While 2021 was the highest ever so I don't think the two seasons are comparable at all.
    Well, CBN didn't have to deal with the Portal or the previous coach taking the best players either.

All things considered, the 2 seasons are eerily similar.

A former college QB with zero collegiate head coaching experience, and under the age of 40, lost 7 games, the final one to an AAC team headquartered less than 225 miles down I-10 from Cajun Field. We entered the following season with a new starting QB who played high school ball in Baton Rouge, and went on a run where we lost only five games the next three seasons, and finished the last two with one loss each and a Top 20 ranking.

A former college QB with zero collegiate head coaching experience, and under the age of 40, lost 7 games, the final one to an AAC team headquartered less than 225 miles down I-10 from Cajun Field. There is a decent possibility we enter next season with a new starting QB who played high school ball in Baton Rouge.

So with that said...
    To try and compare Des’ resume to Napiers resume is just silly. CMD is nowhere close to the resume of Billy when he took the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    To try and compare Des’ resume to Napiers resume is just silly. CMD is nowhere close to the resume of Billy when he took the job.
    CBN had the best recommendations, and his previous employment history was quite nice, but there really wasn't much accomplishments to speak of, and he was fired for subpar performance from a recent OC job.

Turns out that CBN's best attribute was his connections that enabled him to bring in home run hitters on the rest of the staff, but that was in no way a predictable outcome from the hire.

Had this not worked out, it would have been an easy hire to pick apart.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information