Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasons for 2023 Football Optimism

Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    This whole thread is much ado about nothing. CMD will succeed or fail in the next year or two. Speculation about how he got hired is exactly that, speculation.

Best coach for the job always comes with the understanding that the coach willing to work for less than virtually every other FBS program. Money is always a BIG deal for UL athletics, or lack of money.
    The last sentence. That is it.

2. Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Nobody stopped going to the games because they didn't know who applied. You know better than that. LOL.
    It's ALL advertising.

It is unfathomable how a team going into the season with a 13-game winning streak could kill the normal buzz by going completely silent on the hiring process and the upcoming season.

Where was the Desormeaux tour? It should have taken place from New Orleans to Houston and every place in between.

It's ALL advertising. Do you think Avatar WoW makes almost a billion in one week with no advertising?

With no advertising, word on the street would have been that there was something terribly wrong with the program, I mean movie.

Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

I have sources. I don’t reveal them, which is why I STILL have sources. It was top secret stuff, don’t even ask it’s crazy hush mode stay in the circle type information. It's not my place to tell folks that I don't trust or know.
    Right. We will leave it as you don’t know and call it a day.

4. Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    How about troll schools interviewing coaches they know darn well their money tree can’t afford . . .
    It is the hiring companies prerogative to measure market values in real time

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    Right. We will leave it as you don’t know and call it a day.
    Think what you want. I deal in FACTS not speculation or opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    It is the hiring companies prerogative to measure market values in real time
    It's also the university prerogative to discuss or not discuss who applied for the job. No other university releases to the public everyone who applied.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBoot View Post
    Lafman . I’ll tell you this if JMV says it take it to the bank . HE KNOWS all when it comes to Cajun Athletics
    Of course he does.

8. Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

It's also the university prerogative to discuss or not discuss who applied for the job. No other university releases to the public everyone who applied.
    There are many many ways to create interest without spilling every detail.

When Nelson Schexnayder said he was flying to the Virginias to conduct an interview, he didn't say it was Mike Leach.

The silence is inexcusable but if that is where they are most comfortable, then they will have to live with the lack of interest of thier own making.

Of course he does.
    You jealous? DaBoot is one of the few members of the inner circle and he can tell you that I have never told him any information that wasn't true.

There are many many ways to create interest without spilling every detail.

When Nelson Schexnayder said he was flying to the Virginias to conduct an interview, he didn't say it was Mike Leach.

The silence is inexcusable but if that is where they are most comfortable, then they will have to live with the lack of interest of thier own making.
    I agree they could have generated some more interest to get attendance up. But not talking about the interview process with everyone didn't hamper attendance.

11. Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

I agree they could have generated some more interest to get attendance up. But not talking about the interview process with everyone didn't hamper attendance.
    Yes it did.

It created the illusion of settling for a massive step backwards, when in reality I think this hire was a massive step forward.

No buzz, no gate.

You jealous? DaBoot is one of the few members of the inner circle and he can tell you that I have never told him any information that wasn't true.
    Oh yeah. I’m green with envy.

Yes it did.

It created the illusion of settling for a massive step backwards, when in reality I think this hire was a massive step forward.

No buzz, no gate.
    I didn't talk to one person or hear of anyone ever saying they didn't attend a game this season because the school didn't let fans know who applied for the head coach job. Ask anyone else on this board and they will tell you the same thing.

Oh yeah. I’m green with envy.
    When it comes to UL sports my friend you are green and wet behind the ears.

15. Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

Quote Originally Posted by DaBoot View Post
    Lafman . I’ll tell you this if JMV says it take it to the bank . HE KNOWS all when it comes to Cajun Athletics
    This is the most BS post ever made on RP.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information