Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasons for 2023 Football Optimism

Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    Fair enough. Then release the exact number of interviewed coaches. At least make it “look” like a nationwide search was conducted.
    If the number was 5 or 20 what difference does that make? Asking for a friend of a friend.

Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

Without saying any names some of you folks want everything to be an echo chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    If the number was 5 or 20 what difference does that make? Asking for a friend of a friend.
    It makes it look like a nationwide search was conducted.

It is none of the public business who applied or was interviewed. Remember the 4500 or so fans at the last home game. I don't see a whole lot of fans caring or needing to know.
    I’m sure the 4500 would like to know.

5. Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

It is none of the public business who applied or was interviewed. Remember the 4500 or so fans at the last home game. I don't see a whole lot of fans caring or needing to know.
    The silence CAUSED the attendance woes.

It may have been none of the public's business who applied or was interviewed but it would have been good business.

Protecting troll applicants who are doing practice runs at your expense has never been good business. Cut to the chase and weed out the pretenders.

At the same time you create massive interest in your program and attendance grows instead of shrinking, which is what happens with silence.

It makes it look like a nationwide search was conducted.
    One was. The number is irrelevant. A few of the then current staff members applied and some external candidates applied. At least 3 were on campus. I'm sure some also applied via zoom. You do know that Napier took the UF job without even stepping foot on campus.

I’m sure the 4500 would like to know.
    Knowing doesn't change the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

It may have been none of the public's business who applied or was interviewed but it would have been good business.

Protecting troll applicants who are doing practice runs at your expense has never been good business. Cut to the chase and weed out the pretenders.

At the same time you create massive interest in your program and attendance grows instead of shrinking, which is what happens with silence.
    Nobody stopped going to the games because they didn't know who applied. You know better than that. LOL

Can we weed on the troll posters on this site? Asking for a friend.

9. Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

How about troll schools interviewing coaches they know darn well their money tree can’t afford . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    But T, don't you think it's fair to speculate with a hire of a Lanning, Monken, or other coordinator from a P5 with coordinator/coaching experience and a FAR broader reach in being able to hire a better, more experienced staff would've yielded better results? Certainly not crazy to think that. Especially when looking at games where some very questionable play calling/game management likely cost us some games. I can even understand why the administration felt they needed to lie about the reasoning for the Des hire, being for financial reasons and not to "keep the culture". But to just blindly say, Des was the best possible hire is hard for most to swallow....UNLESS it was because Des was the best hire for the money we had available.
    9 out of the 12 current on field coached for Billy(nobody had a problem with them then) the newcomers all have P5 and NFL experience. Napier was also hired on a prove it Salary year 1 as well, very similar to mikes contract, we were never going to give a P5 coordinator Napier money (back end) People also keep forgetting that Napier had exactly 2 years of OC experience before he got here and one he got fired at end of first season, he was a position coach everywhere else, it’s not like he had been a successful P5 coordinator for a decade. We were not landing Lanning and if monken did interview it was probably to get a raise and it worked, he was made the highest paid assistant in college football days after. Both guys could just as easily come here and done the same or worse. Monken had a good year at southern miss but his overall head coaching record is 13-25, that isn’t a slam dunk hire and wasn’t taking a million dollar pay cut to come here. Nobody else has hired Todd monken as a head coach either.

One was. The number is irrelevant. A few of the then current staff members applied and some external candidates applied. At least 3 were on campus. I'm sure some also applied via zoom. You do know that Napier took the UF job without even stepping foot on campus.
    Since you seem to be in the know, let’s hear it. Who interviewed?

Since you seem to be in the know, let’s hear it. Who interviewed?
    A few of the names have already been mentioned.

A few of the names have already been mentioned.
    Ok. Now the ones not mentioned.

14. Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

This whole thread is much ado about nothing. CMD will succeed or fail in the next year or two. Speculation about how he got hired is exactly that, speculation.

Best coach for the job always comes with the understanding that the coach willing to work for less than virtually every other FBS program. Money is always a BIG deal for UL athletics, or lack of money.

Ok. Now the ones not mentioned.
    I have sources. I don’t reveal them, which is why I STILL have sources. It was top secret stuff, don’t even ask it’s crazy hush mode stay in the circle type information. It's not my place to tell folks that I don't trust or know.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information