Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasons for 2023 Football Optimism

1. Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

They moved real fast and released both to get positions where they could be afforded . . . like T said, money rules . . . shortage of money passes . . .

Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    The interview process identified the absolute best candidate we could acquire with $700,000 or so in hand and our great administrators succeeded in closing the deal . . . Try to enjoy the ride . . .
    If that’s the case, then we have bigger problems on our hands, such as jack—— for a fanbase and funding base.

Which falls on the shoulders of….???

Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The timeline could squeeze in ...

Napier Florida announced on Nov. 28, Desormeaux Louisiana announcement on Dec. 5
    Mario Cristobal Miami announcement on Dec 6
    Dan Lanning Oregon announcement on Dec 11

I still don't think this administration has demonstrated the ability to move that fast.
    I'd have to run that claim over to Martin Hall..

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Also only 63 scholarships players on that 2018 squad coming off probation. Additionally 2017 was probably the lowest point in program history since early 2000s . While 2021 was the highest ever so I don't think the two seasons are comparable at all.
    They are similar in this manner. As you said CBN walked into a program with 63 scholarship players, he finished the season 7-6 after getting whipped by Tulane in a bowl game that season. So, for some people it's relevant to point out CBN's obstacles during his first season and measuring his success, but it's not relevant to point out that the program lost over 40 athletes from transferring, graduation, injury and academics after CBN left and also gutted the program's football support staff in every department when accessing Coach Desormeaux's first season.

While the circumstances are different, they are equally important in evaluating the differences between the two coaches first season. The difference is 7-6, and 6-7 in record. That's one game.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Juluke was "on Louisiana's payroll" that does not constitute "national search."
    I never said it did. I just responded to Boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    They are similar in this manner. As you said CBN walked into a program with 63 scholarship players, he finished the season 7-6 after getting whipped by Tulane in a bowl game that season. So, for some people it's relevant to point out CBN's obstacles during his first season and measuring his success, but it's not relevant to point out that the program lost over 40 athletes from transferring, graduation, injury and academics after CBN left and also gutted the program's football support staff in every department when accessing Coach Desormeaux's first season.

While the circumstances are different, they are equally important in evaluating the differences between the two coaches first season. The difference is 7-6, and 6-7 in record. That's one game.
    One had a squad of guys who never saw a winning season the other never saw a losing one. I think the state of the program was vastly different from 2017 vs 2021

One had a squad of guys who never saw a winning season the other never saw a losing one. I think the state of the program was vastly different from 2017 vs 2021
    Perhaps, but one had his entire staff he hired with him from day 1 and the other had to rebuild a support staff and start a number of athletes with little starting experience after losing over 40 athletes. I think one is as relevant as the other when comparing the situations.

8. Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I never said it did. I just responded to Boomer.
    Ok, I see that now.

9. Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

I ascribe to the more reasonable viewpoint of T. Lannister is so butt hurt over the hire of CMD one really can’t place any credence on a thing he posts on the subject . . . try harder to enjoy the ride because we purchased at least a 3 or 4 year ride ticket . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Perhaps, but one had his entire staff he hired with him from day 1 and the other had to rebuild a support staff and start a number of athletes with little starting experience after losing over 40 athletes. I think one is as relevant as the other when comparing the situations.
    That was Dez whole sales package i can keep this staff and players together . It was not remotely true and honestly he should have gotten more flack from it. It's not our fault you got caught with your pants down.

11. Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

Dude, just quit. He is your coach for at least a few more years . . .

That was Dez whole sales package i can keep this staff and players together . It was not remotely true and honestly he should have gotten more flack from it. It's not our fault you got caught with your pants down.
    That wasn't his sales pitch, it was Maggard's. Like a number of people on this forum you have been grossly misinformed or refuse to listen to common sense. Either way CDS has long since kicked in on this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    The interview process identified the absolute best candidate we could acquire with $700,000 or so in hand and our great administrators succeeded in closing the deal . . . Try to enjoy the ride . . .
    If that's your stance, shouldn't you be saying the same thing about Marlin? But you're not. You demean him as a coach, but chastise people here that do exactly what you do with Marlin. Just here to keep exposing you for the troll that you are.

I’m excited as hell for next season, and I am not a football season ticket holder. But I will be for 2023 x4

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I’m excited as hell for next season, and I am not a football season ticket holder. But I will be for 2023 x4
    Nice.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information