Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasons for 2023 Football Optimism

Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    He should not have qualified much less given an interviewed for the job. Most of the App guys have Years of coordinating exp before taking over. They don't promote their TE coach.
    Who was only on staff because of Dr. Maggard.

Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Who was only on staff because of Dr. Maggard.
    I understand the move he is the second lowest paid HC in the FBS.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    He should not have qualified much less given an interviewed for the job. Most of the App guys have Years of coordinating exp before taking over. They don't promote their TE coach.
    I’m not sure in this business we are quite at the “I’m not even willing to interview”
    Stage, especially guys in house, and the one tasked with coaching the bowl game. Mike will either figure it out or he won’t, he isn’t going anywhere. All this constant shting on him doesn’t help, that I can promise you. It doesn’t help recruiting, it doesn’t help attendance and doesn’t help the program. If you don’t think he should have been the guy or isnt the guy, it’s certainly your choice but everybody loved mike before he got the job, he is that same guy. When he turns it around, and I do believe he will next year, nobody will care how he got here.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I’m not sure in this business we are quite at the “I’m not even willing to interview”
    Stage, especially guys in house, and the one tasked with coaching the bowl game. Mike will either figure it out or he won’t, he isn’t going anywhere. All this constant shting on him doesn’t help, that I can promise you. It doesn’t help recruiting, it doesn’t help attendance and doesn’t help the program. If you don’t think he should have been the guy or isnt the guy, it’s certainly your choice but everybody loved mike before he got the job, he is that same guy. When he turns it around, and I do believe he will next year, nobody will care how he got here.
    Just for the record are you saying that guys decide to become a Cajun or not based off of this board? Are you saying fans decide to attend a game or not based off of this board? Most of the complaining about anything UL is said on this board.

5. Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

Desormeaux was the perfect hire.

Case closed.

Where the administration dropped the ball was in not doing a national search.

They exhibit almost zero knowledge on how to promote a program and build interest.

The direct to hire situation with Desormeaux cost this program millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Desormeaux was the perfect hire.

Case closed.

Where the administration dropped the ball was in not doing a national search.

They exhibit almost zero knowledge on how to promote a program and build interest.

The direct to hire situation with Desormeaux cost this program millions.
    A national search was advertised and others were interviewed.

Des was pre-selected.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Des was pre-selected.
    That still doesn't take away the fact that I stated.

9. Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

It's only been a year, name the interviewed.

There was no discussion like we had after Stokley, Baldwin, Bustle and Hudspeth.

The biggest publicity hire in school history comes after peak success. Where is the list of the interviewed?

Either way it is more evidence they exhibit almost zero knowledge on how to promote a program and build interest.

It's only been a year, name the interviewed.

There was no discussion like we had after Stokley, Baldwin, Bustle and Hudspeth.

The biggest publicity hire in school history comes after peak success. Where is the list of the interviewed?

Either way it is more evidence they exhibit almost zero knowledge on how to promote a program and build interest.
    Ask Maggard for the names and list.

11. Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

Ask Maggard for the names and list.
    Don't need to.

It takes a moment for word to get out, interested parties to contact the school, and then to arrange for interviews to be conducted and then to mull over the compiled data.

There is no way a true national search was conducted with Napier being announced on Nov. 28 and Desormeaux being announced on Dec. 5.

Seven days.

ps Wish they could find support staff that quick.

Don't need to.

It takes a moment for word to get out, interested parties to contact the school, and then to arrange for interviews to be conducted and then to mull over the compiled data.

There is no way a true national search was conducted with Napier being announced on Nov. 28 and Desormeaux being announced on Dec. 5.

Seven days.

ps Wish they could find support staff that quick.
    I could see some phone/zoom interviews taking place, but as far as bringing people in, that didn't happen given the window of time...and as soon as salary was discussed on those calls....click...

13. Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

11 candidates lead to Baldwin.

After Napier I would expect no less than 40 applications, with a third willing to start off for less than Desormeaux.

There was no search.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I could see some phone/zoom interviews taking place, but as far as bringing people in, that didn't happen given the window of time...and as soon as salary was discussed on those calls....click...
    LMAO. Yeah pays sucks.

11 candidates lead to Baldwin.

After Napier I would expect no less than 40 applications, with a third willing to start off for less than Desormeaux.

There was no search.
    A search was conducted, maybe not to your liking but it was done.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information