Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasons for 2023 Football Optimism

Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Houston went 12-2 last year, and were predicted being ny6 possibly playoff bc they returned everyone including their coaches and they went 7-5 in regular season and were our fumble away or penalty away from having the same record as us. Tulane was 2-10 last year.
    We have a ton of guys on the roster who only knew how to win and this staff somehow broke that ... it's impressive

Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

RACF needs statistical data to support this claim. What is a “successful season” to them, a losing record, Cajun Field attendance numbers, increase RCAF members, what? I just don’t see it.

Fans don’t need to fight about our opinions of a successful football season. We will each have our own opinion. RCAF needs to be held accountable and justify itself.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Y’all act like we are Michigan. We have sucked for the majority of 100 years. Is having a losing record acceptable, no! But making a bowl game is better than our traditional history.

So why don’t y’all have some damn perspective. Appreciate that this season this was an extremely flawed team and should have ended with at least 8 wins. But they could have folded after ULM and they didn’t.

If this continues through the 2023 season you’ll hear me complain. I’m not happy, but I have optimism for next year.
    I owe you an apology, I meant to hit reply to lannisters original post...sorry for the mistake...

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    So it was never a lack of talent issue .. MBB 2.0
    Outside of 6-8 schools, consistently winning at a high level is hard to do. A lot of schools with a lot more resources than us still can’t figure out how to do it. Sometimes ___ just
    Doesn’t go your way. I’m interested to see how a year goes with a full offseason with limited turmoil. They signed a pretty good class and if those 4 years of #1 classes are what everyone clamors for then we should be fine. Mike, so far sure seems like someone that is going to start this off-season by looking in the mirror. He had a lot of excuses he could have used and never did. We don’t know the half of it either

Outside of 6-8 schools, consistently winning at a high level is hard to do. A lot of schools with a lot more resources than us still can’t figure out how to do it. Sometimes ___ just
    Doesn’t go your way. I’m interested to see how a year goes with a full offseason with limited turmoil. They signed a pretty good class and if those 4 years of #1 classes are what everyone clamors for then we should be fine. Mike, so far sure seems like someone that is going to start this off-season by looking in the mirror. He had a lot of excuses he could have used and never did. We don’t know the half of it either
    Other half?

He can look all offseason long problem is you fail to capture the momentum you had built the previous 4 years. losing to ULM killed all casual fanbase as well as blowing late leads . We might be celebrating getting 10k fans at a game going into next year. We had an opportunity to start building a winning tradition like App / JMU base but USLed it like always.

This hire was based off an SEC coach throwing us a bone saw how that worked out.

He can look all offseason long problem is you fail to capture the momentum you had built the previous 4 years. losing to ULM killed all casual fanbase as well as blowing late leads . We might be celebrating getting 10k fans at a game going into next year. We had an opportunity to start building a winning tradition like App / JMU base but USLed it like always.

This hire was based off an SEC coach throwing us a bone saw how that worked out.
    Yeah bc Napier was absolutely packing the stadium, putting all that on Mike isn’t fair. I couldn’t give away 5 tickets during Napier’s entire tenure…that came with free tailgate food and booze, no interest then either. Also, if eventually losing a game to conference mate makes you never come back, were you really ever a fan? Billy needed a rabbit foot in his rectum to beat ULM twice..

Yeah bc Napier was absolutely packing the stadium, putting all that on Mike isn’t fair. I couldn’t give away 5 tickets during Napier’s entire tenure…that came with free tailgate food and booze, no interest then either.

The last time we had 7k at a football game on a sunny Saturday the President was using the program to get his friends wife elected... and this year

Yeah bc Napier was absolutely packing the stadium, putting all that on Mike isn’t fair. I couldn’t give away 5 tickets during Napier’s entire tenure…that came with free tailgate food and booze, no interest then either. Also, if eventually losing a game to conference mate makes you never come back, were you really ever a fan? Billy needed a rabbit foot in his rectum to beat ULM twice..
    I was there in the proud 7k but I don't defend coaches to the death just because where they played . We had an opportunity to take the next step and we completely dropped the ball. ..That's why I'm ____ed

I was there in the proud 7k but I don't defend coaches to the death just because where they played . We had an opportunity to take the next step and we completely dropped the ball. ..That's why I'm ____ed
    Did you want Mike to not accept the job? Not interview for it? Don’t you think your anger is misguided? Personally I think it’s a shame that he is actually getting less support around here than an outsider would from some of the fan base. The administration has made game day a complete ___ show for a long time and it has nothing to do with Mike. App state has built their tradition with their guys, hiring former players and from within, it can work

Did you want Mike to not accept the job? Not interview for it? Don’t you think your anger is misguided? Personally I think it’s a shame that he is actually getting less support around here than an outsider would from some of the fan base. The administration has made game day a complete ___ show for a long time and it has nothing to do with Mike. App state has built their tradition with their guys, hiring former players and from within, it can work
    Most of the time the good ole boy system doesn't work.

12. Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

So CMD is a good ole boy now . . . WOW

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Most of the time the good ole boy system doesn't work.
    Worked with Robe , Yvette and the Lotiefs and I wouldn’t consider any of them or Mike part of the “good old boy” crowd.

Worked with Robe , Yvette and the Lotiefs and I wouldn’t consider any of them or Mike part of the “good old boy” crowd.
    It did in fact work then, but it will no longer work.

He should not have qualified much less given an interviewed for the job. Most of the App guys have Years of coordinating exp before taking over. They don't promote their TE coach.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information