Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasons for 2023 Football Optimism

Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    CBN had the best recommendations, and his previous employment history was quite nice, but there really wasn't much accomplishments to speak of, and he was fired for subpar performance from a recent OC job.

Turns out that CBN's best attribute was his connections that enabled him to bring in home run hitters on the rest of the staff, but that was in no way a predictable outcome from the hire.

Had this not worked out, it would have been an easy hire to pick apart.
    8 years is recent firing ?

Pretty much the entire national media called it's a Home Run. Even Pawwwl tweeted out congrats UL you stole Arizona States HC.

Default Re: Some Post Game, Christmas Holiday Optimism for Ragin Cajuns Football

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Understand your correlation and it’s great to look at the similarities in hopes that we go on a similar run. But the first guy was 7-5 in his first regular season and won the division.
    Man it’s like some of y’all fail to look at what the hell we had to overcome this year. Essentially playing the entire year with a 3rd string OL.

Torrence, Brown, McGowan, Burton and Williams all expected to start or be in the rotation. 2 transferred and were all Americans. McGowan, Williams and Burton were all hurt or recovering from injuries.

Yet we still were in position to win 10 games. But without the big hawgmollies up front we couldn’t impose our will on offense. That will be fixed mext season if we stay healthy.

9-3 regular season and back in the SBC championship game. Book it.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Man it’s like some of y’all fail to look at what the hell we had to overcome this year. Essentially playing the entire year with a 3rd string OL.

Torrence, Brown, McGowan, Burton and Williams all expected to start or be in the rotation. 2 transferred and were all Americans. McGowan, Williams and Burton were all hurt or recovering from injuries.

Yet we still were in position to win 10 games. But without the big hawgmollies up front we couldn’t impose our will on offense. That will be fixed mext season if we stay healthy.

9-3 regular season and back in the SBC championship game. Book it.
    It goes both ways. It’s not like we lost a bunch of games early, then gelled and reeled off a bunch of wins. We were still out of position, made boneheaded penalties and mistakes in key moments and overall lacked attention to detail…..in our 13th game still. Our offense was good for about 17 points most games. We were out coached in many games and if people fail to see that then I don’t know what to say. I know it’s dez’s first year and I know he had a lot to deal with on the inside. And still saying all that we should have won 10 games this year. The reason we didn’t was him period.

https://twitter.com/geauxRCAF/status...0t7g2SAXw&s=19

Then Rcaf posted this gem ... I'm still laughing at it

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    CBN had the best recommendations, and his previous employment history was quite nice, but there really wasn't much accomplishments to speak of, and he was fired for subpar performance from a recent OC job.

Turns out that CBN's best attribute was his connections that enabled him to bring in home run hitters on the rest of the staff, but that was in no way a predictable outcome from the hire.

Had this not worked out, it would have been an easy hire to pick apart.
    Incorrect Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post

WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post

Is it a disappointment, yes! But looking at the history of the program, this was a successful season.

Is it a disappointment, yes! But looking at the history of the program, this was a successful season.
    A losing record is never a successful season

That is a special sort of stupid...message of gratitude, yes...successful season? By whose definition?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    That is a special sort of stupid...message of gratitude, yes...successful season? By whose definition?
    Y’all act like we are Michigan. We have sucked for the majority of 100 years. Is having a losing record acceptable, no! But making a bowl game is better than our traditional history.

So why don’t y’all have some damn perspective. Appreciate that this season this was an extremely flawed team and should have ended with at least 8 wins. But they could have folded after ULM and they didn’t.

If this continues through the 2023 season you’ll hear me complain. I’m not happy, but I have optimism for next year.

Y’all act like we are Michigan. We have sucked for the majority of 100 years. Is having a losing record acceptable, no! But making a bowl game is better than our traditional history.

So why don’t y’all have some damn perspective. Appreciate that this season this was an extremely flawed team and should have ended with at least 8 wins. But they could have folded after ULM and they didn’t.

If this continues through the 2023 season you’ll hear me complain. I’m not happy, but I have optimism for next year.
    61% of all teams makes a bowl its not that special like it was 15 years ago

61% of all teams makes a bowl its not that special like it was 15 years ago. 7 SBC teams played in a bowl it would have been 8 if JMU wasn't barred this year.

In these transfer portal days, every team is going to have a drop off when a coach leaves. The continuity principle has been totally nullified.

Houston went 12-2 last year, and were predicted being ny6 possibly playoff bc they returned everyone including their coaches and they went 7-5 in regular season and were our fumble away or penalty away from having the same record as us. Tulane was 2-10 last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    and we should have beat them both grrrrr ok I’m done lol
    I still blame Beavis for the Troy loss

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information