Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20

Thread: Reasons for 2023 Football Optimism

Default Re: Reasons for 2023 Football Optimism

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    They are so inept, they didn't honor last year's championship...I can't wait to see how they screw up next season...these people in Maggardland are inept and clueless..
    When I mentioned perceptions in the minds of our fanbase and our haters, I was including a few minds in Martin Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Cincy to UK - 82 mi
    TCU to Baylor - 89 mi
    Louisiana to Louisiana State - 56 mi

North Carolina to North Carolina State - 29 miles
    Oregon to Oregon State - 43 mi
    Kansas to Kansas State - 84 mi
    Oklahoma to Oklahoma State - 80 miles

I can do this all day.
    And yet not one of the universities originally mentioned in the post (TCU, UFC and Cincinnati) have a P5 within 45 miles of their campus. The rest of your list is irrelevant as it doesn’t pertain to the original example. Plus they are in P5 conferences. UL isn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Corvalis, Oregon has a 59k pop. (Oregon State)
    Manhattan, Kansas has a 54k pop. (Kansas State)

...there are many more.

I have said this a million times. The only difference between Louisiana and Kansas State is
    the conference we call home. There is no proverbial 8 ball to overcome. There is no ticket to punch. We just need luck and time for people to realize just how little difference there is between Louisiana and most P5 schools. There are a lot of P5 schools that are getting gutted by the portal just as much as we were.

With the 12 team playoff and our recent excellence on the field, it's time for perceptions of old to be thrown away like yesterdays trash.

The only real barriers we have as a program that still hold it back are in the minds of our fanbase and our haters who can't let go of the past.
    And millions of dollars from major bowl appearances, millions from TV contracts, national TV exposure weekly, etc., money for well known coaches, etc. The differences are night and day.

4. Default Re: Reasons for 2023 Football Optimism

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    And yet not one of the universities originally mentioned in the post (TCU, UFC and Cincinnati) have a P5 within 45 miles of their campus. The rest of your list is irrelevant as it doesn’t pertain to the original example. Plus they are in P5 conferences. UL isn’t.
    While their spoon fed Baby Huey upbringing created disparity, the school across the Basin is irrelevant to Louisiana's current issues.

5. Default Re: Reasons for 2023 Football Optimism

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    While their spoon fed Baby Huey upbringing created disparity, the school across the Basin is irrelevant to Louisiana's current issues.
    irrelevance sure appears often here . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    A little easier to recover from blunders and a fall when you have a $160 Million budget and are the only P5 program in a football talent rich state.

By the way, you really don’t recover from cramping in a marathon. When that ____ starts at Mile 21-23…very few really come back from it to finish as strong as they were prior to said cramping.
    Doesn’t change the fact that everyone receives setbacks. It’s how you respond that matters.

By the way, I cramped at mile 21 on the only marathon I ran and it definitely screwed my time up…but I recovered enough to finish. Goal was accomplished…I reached greatness within myself. Louisiana will do the same.

7. Default Re: Reasons for 2023 Football Optimism

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    irrelevance sure appears often here . . .
    To become relavant, minimize irrelevance.

8. Default Re: Reasons for 2023 Football Optimism

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    To become relavant, minimize irrelevance.
    Having said that, I would not consider a $5 RCAF membership, irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Is that a winning or a losing record . . .
    Both….1 for the pessimistic and 1 for the optimistic!

Listen, if we can continue to recruit at a high level on the OL and DL, we will be a legit CFP contender when the expansion happens. If we are fortunate to win 10 or 11 regular season games and the SBC championship we will be in the playoffs and build our fan base that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Doesn’t change the fact that everyone receives setbacks. It’s how you respond that matters.

By the way, I cramped at mile 21 on the only marathon I ran and it definitely screwed my time up…but I recovered enough to finish. Goal was accomplished…I reached greatness within myself. Louisiana will do the same.
    My first marathon was definitely my worse. I learned a lot of valuable training information that I was able to apply to future road races after running my first marathon. I will say that athletically the marathon was the hardest thing I ever did. Hurt all over for 3 straight days.

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    Both….1 for the pessimistic and 1 for the optimistic!
    Press 1 also for realist. Per Poo Poo Broussard

What's the difference between the 24/7 recruiting site and On3? On3 has us 13 spots higher in the rankings than 24/7. I mean, 80 isn't great, but it's higher than 24/7.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20

Thread Information