Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: QB1

1. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Well, one guy has changed up his social media accounts to barely mention UL at all.
    One guy is out for a calendar year.
    One guy is already said to be transferring.
    And one guy is one of the most talented QBs to ever step foot on campus.

I agree with you, nothing can be said for certain right now. But opinion is, after spring ball and fall camp, if Zeon is even close to any other QB on the team, you have to take the plunge and make him your starter. Even if we have to incur bumps and bruises to start the year, the potential is such that supporters will understand the risk and appreciate the dividends later. Maybe Ben has a miraculous rehab, skips his entire summer and offseason to dedicate himself to healing and is ready for fall camp. If that happens, so be it.

If I'm Zeon, I'm in the classroom 4-5 hours a day watching film, learning the offense, drilling with my receivers and developing report with teammates. I'm certain that Ben will be doing that. To me, 2.5 high end years of ZC is worth the risk.
    This is conventional analysis . . . the Bird relies on sources . . . sources say Ben . . . besides his team mates have already crowned him captain . . . surely they all know the circumstances . .

2. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    This is conventional analysis . . . the Bird relies on sources . . . sources say Ben . . . besides his team mates have already crowned him captain . . . surely they all know the circumstances . .
    Doesn't matter if he's not healthy enough to play.
    We all have someone that gives us information, Vic. At this point, everything being said is pure opinion. To say anything definitvely is not reality. You know that.

3. Default Re: QB1

Doesn't matter if he's not healthy enough to play.
    We all have someone that gives us information, Vic. At this point, everything being said is pure opinion. To say anything definitvely is not reality. You know that.
    Trust the Bird . . .

4. Default Re: QB1

ZC didn’t have two fumbles. And a stupid penalty killing a first down. He didn’t score in the half he played. Also with that low snap maybe he should have kept the ball instead of handing it to Smith. I’m guessing he never really had good possession of the ball and the arm swat knocked it loose.

Still I believe ZC will be the clear choice to start the season.

Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    JMO: I feel like any of the three mention QB can get us 6-8 victories next year. BW is the better pocket passer but struggles a bit when moving out the pocket, Fields is deadly outside the pocket but struggles to see the whole field when forced to stay in the pocket, and Zeon has a small sample for us to judge him on but it is very encouraging. I still wish we would give LL a change but we are utilizing his talents so I'm good with it. I hope they all get better as we move forward. I'm not sure if I would want a grad transfer or a normal transfer as it might ruin the team in the long run.

Levi Lewis taught me a lifelong lesson when it comes to back up QBs. I was never a Lewis fan as a football player. I felt like his passing game was weak. But the New Orleans bowl last year had me re-evaluate my feeling on Levi. I now know there wasn't a QB on our roster that could have taken us to 13-1 last year except for him. I also realize his strong point was his leadership and how smart of a football player he was just look at his stats. When I watched him give away the MVP trophy at the NO Bowl it all became clear to me. As the players were high fiving the fans in the dome, I was able to stop Levi, look him in the eyes and say thank you Levi you are a heck of a football player and a true leader and I appreciate all you have done for this university.
    I’ll say it right now, if our OL stays healthy all year in 2023 we will win 10 games. Regardless of the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I’ll say it right now, if our OL stays healthy all year in 2023 we will win 10 games. Regardless of the QB.
    I agree but worst case scenario I feel like any of these guys can win 6-8 games next year.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I don’t know man. Our defense is getting absolutely gutted

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I don’t know man. Our defense is getting absolutely gutted
    Correct.

The defense will be on the same learning curve next season that the OL was on this season.

Well, one guy has changed up his social media accounts to barely mention UL at all.
    One guy is out for a calendar year.
    One guy is already said to be transferring.
    And one guy is one of the most talented QBs to ever step foot on campus.

I agree with you, nothing can be said for certain right now. But opinion is, after spring ball and fall camp, if Zeon is even close to any other QB on the team, you have to take the plunge and make him your starter. Even if we have to incur bumps and bruises to start the year, the potential is such that supporters will understand the risk and appreciate the dividends later. Maybe Ben has a miraculous rehab, skips his entire summer and offseason to dedicate himself to healing and is ready for fall camp. If that happens, so be it.

If I'm Zeon, I'm in the classroom 4-5 hours a day watching film, learning the offense, drilling with my receivers and developing report with teammates. I'm certain that Ben will be doing that. To me, 2.5 high end years of ZC is worth the risk.
    Hunter is at ULM. Zy will more than likely transfer. That leaves only Chandler and Zeon in the spring. With no plan to sign a QB that room just got awfully thin. If Ben's rehab doesn't go as planned they could be in a real bind next fall depth wise.

So it sounds like QB is NOT in question, as we have a few to choose from. My question is, what should be recruited in Feb to get us to 7-8 wins next year?

JC center, Another punter, JC LB/rush LB.

Zeon is the future. If all things are considered equal come spring, you gotta give the reins over to him. You make him ride the pine another year and he'll be gone!

when did this term qb1 become all the rage? I honestly dont recall it being used much by fans and certainly not by media until after that show…

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    No one learns plays anymore. Everything is based on concept. That's why players use wristbands and large play call cards on the sideline. Laughable.
    is that also why the risk of someone stealing all the plays via transfer portal isnt concerning to anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Trust the Bird . . .
    when is the last time the bird posted?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information