Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst . 17 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: I-Bowl Final: Louisiana 16, Houston 23

1. Default Re: I-Bowl Final: Louisiana 16, Houston 23

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Got to get those sleeping arrangements in camp right and everything else will fall in line . . .
    Not sure what you mean. I'm just looking at the nature of the team, all season.

Default Re: I-Bowl Final: Louisiana 16, Houston 23

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I think that TO was called as soon as the play ended and Dez didn’t see the flag on the ground.
    That's what I thoughtTime Out was called immediately at end of playas it should have been with only 9 seconds left. I saw Flag with all the penalty yards as a huge bonus. With OR without TO calledwe had Time for 1 play from inside the 10 vs back by 20. Calling that TO at that point didn't change a thing. Et finishing the half with points is usually a good thing. Whining about TO used in 1st half not warranted.it did NOT cost us any points.

3. Default Re: I-Bowl Final: Louisiana 16, Houston 23

Whining about anything is pointless, but many, many, many here fail to get the point . . .

I’m still butt hurt over this one. Had no business losing yesterday!

5. Default Re: I-Bowl Final: Louisiana 16, Houston 23

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …What was the deal on LeBlanc’s near TD……came back well on the ball and looked like he almost had it but maybe defender knocked it…would have been a huge play for us!
    I believe that play, if it’s the one I’m thinking of, should have been a PI on 32. He was grabbing and holding in the end zone.

Maybe the zebras weren’t calling anything to speed up the game and get themselves into a warmer environment.

6. Default Re: I-Bowl Final: Louisiana 16, Houston 23

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Cajuns have too few difference makers to have self inflicted wounds like tonight. They needed to be at least even on the turnover margin. -3 in turnover margin and getting FG instead of TD in the 2nd Q doomed us. Coaching can always we blamed in a loss, but I put this one on the offensive players. They did not make enough plays to win.
    You can’t erase plays, but let’s keep things in proper perspective. The final turnover is really the result of being behind and out of time. I believe we had a similar problem for USM final offensive play.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I believe that play, if it’s the one I’m thinking of, should have been a PI on 32. He was grabbing and holding in the end zone.

Maybe the zebras weren’t calling anything to speed up the game and get themselves into a warmer environment.
    100% the DB was all over Peter.

8. Default Re: I-Bowl Final: Louisiana 16, Houston 23

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    The support is definitely dwindling for football.
    Football support was down after a record season, and a season ending bowl victory. That first game couldn’t be from unhappy fans. If so it’s a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Football support was down after a record season, and a season ending bowl victory. That first game couldn’t be from unhappy fans. If so it’s a shame.
    First game lack of support was partially due to the rain earlier in the day. Although, the Cajuns did win against a decent SLU team, they also showed some concerns. When we were not able to pick up first downs running the ball in short yardage situations I knew we had an issue. Second game was against an opponent fans not familiar with. The three game losing streak then sapped support. The poor fan experience along with a disappointing loss to USA on homecoming which was part of that streak killed interest in the program by early October. Now having said all that, I understand the view that the disappointing support was due to poor marketing efforts. In fact I very much share that concern. That whole operation needs to be looked at in the offseason. As well as a push for season tickets, thought needs to be given on how to insure we maximize walk up tickets for each and every home game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    First game lack of support was partially due to the rain earlier in the day. Although, the Cajuns did win against a decent SLU team, they also showed some concerns. When we were not able to pick up first downs running the ball in short yardage situations I knew we had an issue. Second game was against an opponent fans not familiar with. The three game losing streak then sapped support. The poor fan experience along with a disappointing loss to USA on homecoming which was part of that streak killed interest in the program by early October. Now having said all that, I understand the view that the disappointing support was due to poor marketing efforts. In fact I very much share that concern. That whole operation needs to be looked at in the offseason. As well as a push for season tickets, thought needs to be given on how to insure we maximize walk up tickets for each and every home game.
    When you had the lowest attendance in the last 20+ years there is a massive disconnect. Marketing department has their work cutout for them. More than likely they will just blame espn+.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    When you had the lowest attendance in the last 20+ years there is a massive disconnect. Marketing department has their work cutout for them. More than likely they will just blame espn+.
    If you disregard what fans are saying long enough, you don’t get them back. Personally I haven’t given up on football and I’ll keep going based on my love of football but I’ll never go back to another bball game. If the admin doesn’t pay attention they’ll lose the fans in every sport.

Just by chance, I’m watching “Banannaland” at this moment.

Granted, different sport, different approach to the rules. But parts of the fan engagement may apply.

Heck, we have the most unique nickname in college sports. Ragin’ Cajuns. We need fan engagement on the Ragin’ level.

One line stuck with me, “we’re in the entertainment business”.

Entertainment extends past the lines. Entertainment is not blasting explicit music. Entertainment is not cheerleaders doing formations and flips. Entertainment is, oh wait, no mascot. Entertainment is not playing the hits of Michael Jackson. Maybe even ditch the military band format. Entertainment isn’t a tee shirt gun.

Entertainment is thinking outside the box. The traditional mold is broken. Someone needs to recreate a new one. And not vomiting out the same thing week after week.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    If you disregard what fans are saying long enough, you don’t get them back. Personally I haven’t given up on football and I’ll keep going based on my love of football but I’ll never go back to another bball game. If the admin doesn’t pay attention they’ll lose the fans in every sport.
    My cousin goes to Mckinney high in Dallas we went to a game this past year . Their in game experience blows the doors off of what they do at Cajun Field.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    My cousin goes to Mckinney high in Dallas we went to a game this past year . Their in game experience blows the doors off of what they do at Cajun Field.
    Yep they put on a show and experience for the fans.

I get the military style DNA band roots are very deep in our community. I know UL doesn’t have the stomach for a Stanford or even Rice approach, but need to loosen up the performances and playlist.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst . 17 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread Information