Thread: UH - UL Trivia

Default UH - UL Trivia

Found this on Wikipedia:

"Playing in Houston Public School Stadium as a part of the Lone Star Conference on September 21, 1946, the Cougars played their first official game against Southwestern Louisiana Institute (later known as the University of Louisiana at Lafayette) using the Split-T offensive strategy. Although Charlie Manichia, the Cougars' starting quarterback, scored the first touchdown of the game (and in Cougar history), the team lost to SLI 13–7."

2. Default Re: UH - UL Trivia

This is the kind of stuff I love.

This is the kind of stuff the media should pounce on.

For Houston it doesn't get better than "first opponent ever."

Default Re: UH - UL Trivia

I was in the Navy with a guy who was on Houston football team in mid 90’s (he was a reserve linebacker) and he said our student section gave them the business bad and were the worse they encountered…. boy how times have changed.

4. Default Re: UH - UL Trivia

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    I was in the Navy with a guy who was on Houston football team in mid 90’s (he was a reserve linebacker) and he said our student section gave them the business bad and were the worse they encountered…. boy how times have changed.
    You can’t give opponents hell from 30 yards away. You can barely identify their names and numbers

Thread Information