Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Final: New Orleans Bowl. WKU 44, USA 23

1. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    “classless” - signed LCA
    …..what was final score?

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl

NOLA needs a better tie in on the other side than CUSA. Oh wait WKU just skull drug our SBC #2 team.

Sure did look nice, warm, and cozy in the dome however.

19 out of 22 NOLA bowls have been won by current, future or past sunbelt football teams. (86%)

4. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl

Is there a point, or simply an observation?

Default Re: Final: New Orleans Bowl. WKU 44, USA 23

As a member of the NO Bowl board told me Monday, “We love when the Cajuns play in our bowl.” Wonder why.
    13000 attendance for this years game. He told me he still thinks of the Cajuns vs. Tulane game. Me too. What a crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Is there a point, or simply an observation?
    observation slash defense of sbc vs post #17

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    As a member of the NO Bowl board told me Monday, “We love when the Cajuns play in our bowl.” Wonder why.
    13000 attendance for this years game. He told me he still thinks of the Cajuns vs. Tulane game. Me too. What a crowd.
    and i remember the “free tickets” my dad’s friend had as a vendor were better then the “good rcaf point” tickets, i watched most of the game in empty seats near them

8. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl

observation slash defense of sbc vs post #17
    Not sure I understand the defense of the SBC. WKU a former member would do almost anything to escape DOA CUSA but they skull drug S Alabama. No doubt who was more ready yesterday.

9. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl

I would suspect that if Cajuns are ever in future New Orleans Bowls, game will be on Friday night or a Saturday, as opposed to midweek

10. Default Re: Final: New Orleans Bowl. WKU 44, USA 23

Everyone wants s Saturday night game. Hard to get. You have to bring television eyes not just butts in a stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by NODCajun View Post
    I would suspect that if Cajuns are ever in future New Orleans Bowls, game will be on Friday night or a Saturday, as opposed to midweek
    Christmas is the first thing that sets the bowl schedule, then ESPN. And who is playing. For example from 1991 thru 2019 the Independence Bowl had 2 P5s and played after Christmas. In ‘19 Tech played in it, subsequent dates have been pre Christmas, like most bowls with G5 teams.

The bowl game v USTA was post Christmas. More eyes on tv, the pre Christmas bowls are forgotten and not even on the crawl at the bottom of the tv screen. Just has a better feel to it. Even the Lending Tree abet the last non CFP bowl, was on the crawl as up coming. Again, more eyes seeing Louisiana.

Other than the NY6 slot, the NOLA bowl is the best option. After that, playing after Christmas for television marketing is runner up.

In my humble opinion.

When does contract come up for rebid?or by in essence buying the bowls are they exempt from bid process?

I remember when espn was first to hype up soccer, then when the lost the bid they comically tried to hype up obscure leagues and friendlies and downplay the big matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …..what was final score?
    Sunbelt and MWC tied for lead with 3-1 bowl record.
    Cajuns today and SDSU tomorrow to try for 4.

only MAC and ACC also have winning records so far

14. Default Re: Final: New Orleans Bowl. WKU 44, USA 23

When does contract come up for rebid?or by in essence buying the bowls are they exempt from bid process?

I remember when espn was first to hype up soccer, then when the lost the bid they comically tried to hype up obscure leagues and friendlies and downplay the big matches.
    Nobody is exempt. Each bowl is free to explore its best option. That being said ESPN probably has the resources to build the best coverage for each bowl

15. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl

Actually, I am just contrasting difference of Cajuns playing, drawing thousands from Lafayette vs anyone else. We play & stay

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information