Thread: Huge Loss for one of our SBC Competitors

Default Huge Loss for one of our SBC Competitors

Tez Johnson, WR at Troy, one of the most explosive players in the SBC has announced his entry into the transfer portal. Johnson finished this year with 56 catches for 863 yards and 4 TD's. For his career at Troy he has had 141 catches for 1809 yards and 8 TD's. He has also been a very good punt returner for Troy as well. He has 2 years of eligibility left even though he has played 3 years at Troy, because of his covid year.

This I did not know, Tez Johnson is the younger brother of former Auburn player and current Auburn player Bo Nix.

UL Football Re: Huge Loss for one of our SBC Competitors

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Tez Johnson, WR at Troy, one of the most explosive players in the SBC has announced his entry into the transfer portal. Johnson finished this year with 56 catches for 863 yards and 4 TD's. For his career at Troy he has had 141 catches for 1809 yards and 8 TD's. He has also been a very good punt returner for Troy as well. He has 2 years of eligibility left even though he has played 3 years at Troy, because of his covid year.

This I did not know, Tez Johnson is the younger brother of former Auburn player and current Auburn player Bo Nix.

I know Dez wants to get the high school kids. But there is no more loyalty and I think his idea of developing kids may not work. If you happen to get a diamond in the rough, this just shows you they will enter the portal, for what they believe may be greener pastures. It seems like the new age football will be a year to year cycle. I could be wrong but the talent is leaving the smaller schools for bigger schools with money.

Default Re: Huge Loss for one of our SBC Competitors

Here's all you have to do as a top P5 recruiter now:

Wait for G5 conferences to announce their first/second team selections, then contact those players through fake Twitter accounts. Then have your bag man...I mean NIL collective do this:

Default Re: Huge Loss for one of our SBC Competitors

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Here's all you have to do as a top P5 recruiter now:

Wait for G5 conferences to announce their first/second team selections, then contact those players through fake Twitter accounts. Then have your bag man...I mean NIL collective do this:

That’s pretty much how I envision it going.

5. Default Re: Huge Loss for one of our SBC Competitors

Nothing has changed. We just need to get the portal closed up.

Thread Information