Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: UTSA Head Coach Jeff Traylor Calls on NCAA to Stop "Poaching Madness"

Default Re: UTSA Head Coach Jeff Traylor Calls on NCAA to Stop "Poaching Madness"

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Money guys will never say enough, they might say you’re not doing enough with the money we’re giving. Then someone will convince them a little or a lot more will turn the tide.
    I’m thinking guys like Mr Yellow Wood, who is so deep in at Auburn, may be on that will have enough. Or the passing of big donors, or programs that will never be a top tier.

2. Default Re: UTSA Head Coach Jeff Traylor Calls on NCAA to Stop "Poaching Madness"

Money guys will never say enough, they might say you’re not doing enough with the money we’re giving. Then someone will convince them a little or a lot more will turn the tide.
    The Tide is one of the only teams where it has worked . . .

3. Default Re: UTSA Head Coach Jeff Traylor Calls on NCAA to Stop "Poaching Madness"

Somehow Auburn is feast or famine. Nicks not gonna coach another decade. But I said Brady wouldn’t be back this season and he’s probably going to be back next season as well.

Default Re: UTSA Head Coach Jeff Traylor Calls on NCAA to Stop "Poaching Madness"

Only way anything will change is if twenty to thirty G5s band together and try and put pressure on NCAA but that’s a big IF!

https://athlonsports.com/.amp/colleg...north-carolina

Just keep putting the information out there. Maybe the NCAA might (they won’t) do something. At least acknowledge and denounce blatant rule breaking. Even P5 coaches are angry.

6. Default Re: UTSA Head Coach Jeff Traylor Calls on NCAA to Stop "Poaching Madness"

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    https://athlonsports.com/.amp/colleg...north-carolina

Just keep putting the information out there. Maybe the NCAA might (they won’t) do something. At least acknowledge and denounce blatant rule breaking. Even P5 coaches are angry.
    I believe the NCAA said that they’re out of the enforcement game. They literally said let the conferences deal with rules violations and enforcement. Of course that means except for G5. They will punish the hell out of Miami of Ohio for Ohio State violations.

On ESPNU this morning they were talking about the incoming NCAA president, Charlie Baker. The word is he is being brought in to negotiate the political deals necessary to begin a revenue sharing model and to implement more structure to the NIL situation.

Apparently, Emmert is widely hated.

8. Default Re: UTSA Head Coach Jeff Traylor Calls on NCAA to Stop "Poaching Madness"

Yes I heard about that yesterday. They got a politician to have something in common with Congress. I’m not overly hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    On ESPNU this morning they were talking about the incoming NCAA president, Charlie Baker. The word is he is being brought in to negotiate the political deals necessary to begin a revenue sharing model and to implement more structure to the NIL situation.

Apparently, Emmert is widely hated.
    Emmert oversaw the poop show NIL became after the courts ruled and surfed to retirement.

10. Default Re: UTSA Head Coach Jeff Traylor Calls on NCAA to Stop "Poaching Madness"

Name:  nil.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  134.5 KB

Peyton Bowen is this year’s poster child for “I’m available to the highest bidder”. ND to Oregon to OU in under 48 hours.

12. Default Re: UTSA Head Coach Jeff Traylor Calls on NCAA to Stop "Poaching Madness"

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Peyton Bowen is this year’s poster child for “I’m available to the highest bidder”. ND to Oregon to OU in under 48 hours.
    It’s absolutely a system designed to benefit the university by getting great players, and great players value is enhanced by the perceived quality of the institution. Symbiotic relationship I’d guess.

It’s absolutely a system designed to benefit the university by getting great players, and great players value is enhanced by the perceived quality of the institution. Symbiotic relationship I’d guess.
    It’s always been there, it’s more in the open now. Back in the 80’s, local player had a 40k offer from OU and passed to go to Nebraska.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    It’s always been there, it’s more in the open now. Back in the 80’s, local player had a 40k offer from OU and passed to go to Nebraska.
    Truth is there are a lot more kids that will be loyal to the greenbacks than to any school, coach, or team facilities preference. There needs to be a transfer fee in relation to poaching players from G5 schools…. What ever the NIL deal the kid is getting from a school to switch there should be a fair price transfer fee slapped on to it…. This will slow the amount of transfers because these NIL backers will have to fork out even more money in the transfer market. On the flip side of that football scholarships need to have language in them about transfer fees as if it was a contract negotiation. This could work and allow G5 schools to have transfer pool NIL money to spend….this will also require the NCAA to adjust some rules. What makes the NFL great is that they have salary caps and stricter roster limits in place… this would also help college football. They should go down to 72 roster spots in total. It would spread good players around a little more and make recruiting that much more precise. Also they should limit the number of transfers a program can have per year incoming.

This sounds a lot like Tony Robichaux and like Tony, makes a lot of sense!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j9VGCFIAR0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information