Thread: 2 former UL WR's at new schools

Default 2 former UL WR's at new schools

Good luck to:

Dontae Fleming -- Committed to Tulane today
    Golden Eke -- Committed to Murray State today

Sorry to see Dontae go, he was an exciting player that had some really good plays for UL. The move for Golden Eke is probably a good one. Eke was a project here, he came from Oklahoma University as a track guy and wanted to play football. He never really produced, but his speed is unquestioned. Hopefully the step to FCS will allow him to produce for Murray State.

I am unlike some of you that feel when these guys are gone, so be it. I wish each of these kids well and hope they have success even if it isn't with us, as long as it is not against us.

Good luck to Golden and Dontae.

2. Default Re: 2 former UL WR's at new schools

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Good luck to:

Dontae Fleming -- Committed to Tulane today
    Golden Eke -- Committed to Murray State today

Sorry to see Dontae go, he was an exciting player that had some really good plays for UL. The move for Golden Eke is probably a good one. Eke was a project here, he came from Oklahoma University as a track guy and wanted to play football. He never really produced, but his speed is unquestioned. Hopefully the step to FCS will allow him to produce for Murray State.

I am unlike some of you that feel when these guys are gone, so be it. I wish each of these kids well and hope they have success even if it isn't with us, as long as it is not against us.

Good luck to Golden and Dontae.
    So I’m not hoping they fail or succeed for the most part. Why they came here and why they left doesn’t matter anymore. Just like anybody on any other team they’re dead to me unless we’re playing that team, then they’re relevant and reborn an enemy who I hope fails miserably.

Default Re: 2 former UL WR's at new schools

Donte was not big or strong enough to be a go to receiver. Because of his athleticism he could have been a good 3rd option for us. Just was not physical enough to be a consistent outside threat. Good luck to him at Tulane.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Donte was not big or strong enough to be a go to receiver. Because of his athleticism he could have been a good 3rd option for us. Just was not physical enough to be a consistent outside threat. Good luck to him at Tulane.
    Well the soon to be playing in a NY6 Bowl Tulane thought he was good enough to make a run at him. Maybe it's a system thing where he'll fit in better with them.

5. Default Re: 2 former UL WR's at new schools

No doubt Fritz has a plan for him. Good coaches rarely miss on a player that have guaranteed scholarships for remainder of their eligibility.

Someone here said they ran into Donte's parents complaining about his playing time. Parents are their kids worst enemy sometimes. If this is the issue, I couldn't care less what happens to him or his parents.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by ZZeebart21 View Post
    Someone here said they ran into Donte's parents complaining about his playing time. Parents are their kids worst enemy sometimes. If this is the issue, I couldn't care less what happens to him or his parents.

Z
    Yep. If you want to play then make it to where the coach has to play you.

Thread Information