Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AJ Jayroe - Football Commit

Default Re: AJ Jayroe - Football Commit

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    We have 3 now committed that are all 6-3 or taller.

WR Tavion Smith, Hattiesburg, Miss. (Jones CC), 6-3, 208
    WR AJ Jayroe, Frisco, Texas (Reedy HS), 6-5, 185
    WR KeDarius Wade, Jackson, Miss. (Callaway HS), 6-4, 180
    DB nightmare fuel

Signed a moment ago. Well, 45 minutes ago as per twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Google is my friend...I know its hard to believe the RPCA is wrong again!
    Yep. All those questions and concerns expressed here didn't seem to have any effect at all on signing this class. They gon' learn. ��

4. Default Re: AJ Jayroe - Football Commit

There’s some services ranking us second I’ve been told, you say 5th. Frankly there’s plenty who say the difference between 50 and 100 isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.

I’m just glad we got some good material to work with. Clearly not as bad as some hoped, just so they could claim to be right, and not as good as I hoped.

AJ is the real deal. Can't wait to see he and Harvey develop over the next two or three years.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Watched his tape. This kid can be very special. Excellent high point on 50/50 balls and has great hands. He is already big enough but let him get in our program and he will be a man out there.
    Does he have the frame to bulk up into a hybrid TE?

Ie Ladarius Green

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    There’s some services ranking us second I’ve been told, you say 5th. Frankly there’s plenty who say the difference between 50 and 100 isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.

I’m just glad we got some good material to work with. Clearly not as bad as some hoped, just so they could claim to be right, and not as good as I hoped.
    Come on express. Seriously. Nobody hopes the class is bad. It's really silly. You ripped on Bob Marlin in a thread tonite? What's the difference? Explain the difference. You can say something "negative" state reality, or question things, but nobody else can? Come here all high and mighty and chastise people for doing exactly what YOU do?

As far as the class...I feel better than I did a few days ago, being able to see some of these kids rankings now that some have been posted makes me feel a little better. I completely understand these rankings and stars aren't the end all, be all, but it's generally a decent litmus.....even if it's only for my pessimistic tendencies. No one hopes this class turns out a winner more than I do. But man, enough of this cult like, hypocritical behavior.

"CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Does he have the frame to bulk up into a hybrid TE?

Ie Ladarius Green
    Our receiver room has some giants!

Dang every time I see his name I think Al Jarreau. We’re In This Love Together. 1981 or 82 ish.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Come on express. Seriously. Nobody hopes the class is bad. It's really silly. You ripped on Bob Marlin in a thread tonite? What's the difference? Explain the difference. You can say something "negative" state reality, or question things, but nobody else can? Come here all high and mighty and chastise people for doing exactly what YOU do?

As far as the class...I feel better than I did a few days ago, being able to see some of these kids rankings now that some have been posted makes me feel a little better. I completely understand these rankings and stars aren't the end all, be all, but it's generally a decent litmus.....even if it's only for my pessimistic tendencies. No one hopes this class turns out a winner more than I do. But man, enough of this cult like, hypocritical behavior.

Look at who else recruited them more than stars. Coaches know how to evaluate talent more than star assigners do.

11. Default Re: AJ Jayroe - Football Commit

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post

We can. Did you or did you not issue a comment about recruiting taking a nose dive? That’s a pretty strong statement for a coach who was in his first fully independent recruiting class. He certainly did a nice job last season, but this was his alone with his assistants. I don’t recall saying those comments impacted recruiting. I do suppose that it might if the athletes get the feeling that there’s no support for the coach. But that would have to be at the Baldwin level of fan dissatisfaction. We’re nowhere close to that.
    Finally we almost all agree that the recruits for the most part haven’t played a single down in Div 1A football. So recruiting grades are based on educated opinions and even BS by some professional experts

About Bobby Marlin? He’s had ample time to produce good teams, teams that can at least reasonably compete with the best. That’s on Bob never the players. I’m hoping for the best from Bobby, but fear the mediocre he’s actually been.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information