Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Tips at Subway

1. Default Re: Tips at Subway

Tip requests are making the news.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...s/11145497002/

Default Re: Tips at Subway

RP leads the way!

Someone said just press “skip it” and move on, here is one that tops the cake….

a pretzel stand in philly airport, (no not this weekend)
    asks for tip gives four choices, three with an amount and one that says other… you have to press other, then another screen to then be able to put $0

Went buy a damn $65 king cake and there was a tip line on the receipt. C'mon now.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Went buy a damn $65 king cake and there was a tip line on the receipt. C'mon now.
    King cakes are outrageous this year, and people are stupid enough to pay those ridiculous prices.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Now subway is asking for you to tip when checking out, as if there food isn't already expensive enough. What is your thoughts on tipping fast food places and take out orders?

The reason I tip in restaurants is that we are being served at the table by someone who checks on us regularly to see if the food is good, if we need anything else, and cleans after us after we leave. This is not the case at fast food joints, where you take your food to the table yourself and you clean after yourself at the end of the meal. I hate to see tip jars in coffee places and other joints where you pick up your order at the counter. There is no “above and beyond”. Folks should stop (or not even start) tipping in fast food places, it’s creating the false impression that everyone deserves a tip even if they don’t really do anything special.
    No reason to make a thread about it. All you have to do is hit "No Tip". Problem solved.

Ate at Rachel's the other night. Paid cash, very respectful and thankful as alway, tipped @25%. But a new refreshing twist...was told "thank you for choosing to eat local, especially with so many other options close by".

That was kind and observant.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    King cakes are outrageous this year, and people are stupid enough to pay those ridiculous prices.
    Went to Meche’s the other day (I know I know its a donut dressed up like a king cake) and got a day old king cake, 3 donuts, and a chocolate milk for $18. Can’t beat that in my book.

9. Default Re: Tips at Subway

. . .so, did you tip . . . for your oversized old donut . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    No reason to make a thread about it. All you have to do is hit "No Tip". Problem solved.
    checks notes: some places hide the “no tip” choice under “other” and then two more screens

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Went to Meche’s the other day (I know I know its a donut dressed up like a king cake) and got a day old king cake, 3 donuts, and a chocolate milk for $18. Can’t beat that in my book.
    what is that book about?

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    Then those who over tip for over priced food couldn't brag about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    So I made my first king cake the other day. It was fantastic & it was huge. While the ingredients aren't THAT expensive, it is still a very labor intense product to make. They're actually worth what you pay for them unlike a lot of ____ we over pay for these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    My doctor actually has a tip line on his credit card machine. Poor bastard, I don't know how he makes that note on his McClarin.

87,000 new perusers of RP!

Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information