Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Tips at Subway

Default Re: Tips at Subway

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …..Great topic……my wife always takes the cart back to its area……I tell her she is taking away some person’s job….now I bring the cart toward the return area and shoot it to try and get in the right alley…..always give a pump sign after a successful push!111
    i always take it back as well, it doesnt take the job away, because job is to get it from the lanes back to the store. I say im taking the cart back “to save the environmemt”

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    And you don't tip everyone that you come in contact with.
    maybe the usher passing the basket at church should have a smaller basket hanging under for tips

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    I really dont think he is a cheap bastard. Obviously this issue has been going on for a long time and it finally reached a “tipping point” that it needed to be addressed. He sought the opinion of others, and seems possibly torn between tipping in some situations and not others. A cheap bastard would not have thought twice about this topic. Or maybe would have had a short non direct, non detailed response such as “skip it” or something like that.
    He is a cheap bastard bc he wants to remove everyone’s option to tip bc he doesn’t want to. I wouldn’t see anything Wrong with every credit card transaction having the option bc I determine when and where I tip. I like to tip the grocery guys at Adriens to help them out for carrying groceries out and I wish I could just do it on my card at the register bc I rarely have cash. That guy is paid to carry the groceries out but it shouldn’t bother anyone if I want to throw him a 5 spot. If you don’t want to then don’t.

4. Default Re: Tips at Subway

maybe the usher passing the basket at church should have a smaller basket hanging under for tips
    Spit my coffee

5. Default Re: Tips at Subway

Do you also tip medical professionals and the UPS driver? What about Coach Marlin and Des? What about lawyers?
    In the last two months I tipped the driver who sucked the sewage out of my septic tank, the guy who swapped my tires, a girl at a grocery checkout, Zeus's, Domino's parking lot pickup, and a girl at Fresh Pickens.

The places I haven't or don't tip at outnumber the one I do 20-1

i always take it back as well, it doesnt take the job away, because job is to get it from the lanes back to the store. I say im taking the cart back “to save the environmemt”
    It also keeps from people smashing into the cart and sending it right into your door panel while you are inside.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    It also keeps from people smashing into the cart and sending it right into your door panel while you are inside.
    if someone is torn between bringing the cart back and someone losing their job a simple solution would be to take the cart to a farther away staging lane

Subways workers don't wear many hats.
    But they change gloves more than a proctologist.

I really dont think he is a cheap bastard. Obviously this issue has been going on for a long time and it finally reached a “tipping point” that it needed to be addressed. He sought the opinion of others, and seems possibly torn between tipping in some situations and not others. A cheap bastard would not have thought twice about this topic. Or maybe would have had a short non direct, non detailed response such as “skip it” or something like that.
    Some folks can't see the reason the thread was started. It had nothing to do with being cheap and all to do with an opinion if a tip was deserved or not. A certain poster resorted to an personal attack and even made a cheap remark towards special needs folks by resorting to name calling. That guy needs to be better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    But they change gloves more than a proctologist.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    That's the #2 reason that I return them back to the cart holding area.

12. Default Re: Tips at Subway

I saw a very active poster in this thread leave his basket in the middle of the parking lot a couple weeks ago . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Talking about ridiculous charges, I wanted to pay property taxes online with Lafayette Parish and at checkout they want
    $30 for convenience. What? No.
    Lol. That should also be their convenience of not having to pay a government worker to receive and process mail

Damn, this is the worst summer thread ever. And it ain’t even summer

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Lol. That should also be their convenience of not having to pay a government worker to receive and process mail
    is there also a credit card fee of two or three percent?

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information