Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Tips at Subway

Default Re: Tips at Subway

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    And you don't tip everyone that you come in contact with.
    Never said I did, not that it’s any of your business. I’ll look someone straight in the eye and put zero in the tip line if that’s what I feel like. I’ll also tip people who don’t normally get tips. You having a problem with anywhere having a tip option is only an insecurity about yourself, nothing else,

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Never said I did, not that it’s any of your business. I’ll look someone straight in the eye and put zero in the tip line if that’s what I feel like. I’ll also tip people who don’t normally get tips. You having a problem with anywhere having a tip option is only an insecurity about yourself, nothing else,
    I don't have a problem, I will just not tip if it isn't called for.

You literally said “now subway is asking for a tip” no they aren’t, they are putting the option on the credit card receipt. It’s actually pretty annoying at justice inn that they don’t have the option and if you don’t tell the guy before he runs your card you can’t tip without running it again.

You literally said “now subway is asking for a tip” no they aren’t, they are putting the option on the credit card receipt. It’s actually pretty annoying at justice inn that they don’t have the option and if you don’t tell the guy before he runs your card you can’t tip without running it again.
    It is coming up on the credit card pad and the clerk asked for a tip. Facts.

The don’t and Please about it. Are you too big a coward to just not tip? Does it anger you that some people tip the sandwich makers?
    Your turn…

UL did get the buyout.
    did the money go to athletics?
    you sure the check didnt bounce?

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    OMG, this dude here. I think I've had enough internet for today.
    Gonna listen to a good podcast. What's your favorite these days (besides RR)? I'm currently on Founders and Modern wisdom.

WWE LIVE
    This should tell you all you need to know about the resident ree-ree. A middle aged man that obsesses over professional wrestling and girls softball.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    did the money go to athletics?
    you sure the check didnt bounce?
    Ask T-Slow
    Not sure if check bounced? UF has money for what it is worth.

9. Default Re: Tips at Subway

I personally think it is wrong for “sandwich artists” to expect a tip at Subway. It’s a counter-service restaurant, meaning that you pay for your food before you get the opportunity to taste it. Nobody brings it to your table. Furthermore, Subway offers a made-to-order sandwich to all of its guests. You are not asking for some extra or additional service by getting what you want on the sub. Unlimited toppings and sauces - to the practical limit of what can fit on the sandwich. If you want extra meat or extra cheese, you pay a premium. If you don’t want the cheese which is included, you don’t get a rebate. Toasted or untoasted? Cut in two or three or four? Eat-in or to go? All of those options are included at no cost. So when your sandwich is prepared to order, exactly as advertised, why should you tip? This is the minimum expected.
    Good points, will definitly consider them.

On that note, I've never told a friend they should tip. I'm just looking at all the hats they are wearing. More than most walk-up restaurants.

Funny, I've never felt the same for focused duty places like BK or McDonald's, probably because their jobs are spread around.

10. Default Re: Tips at Subway

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    This should tell you all you need to know about the resident ree-ree. A middle aged man that obsesses over professional wrestling and girls softball.
    Maybe it’s wrastling and softball girls . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Professional wrestling? Sports entertainment bro. You have been out of the game for a while. Time to put your belt or is it title on the line.

Like I care if you take me serious you cheap bastard. You probably leave your grocery basket in the parking lot too.
    I really dont think he is a cheap bastard. Obviously this issue has been going on for a long time and it finally reached a “tipping point” that it needed to be addressed. He sought the opinion of others, and seems possibly torn between tipping in some situations and not others. A cheap bastard would not have thought twice about this topic. Or maybe would have had a short non direct, non detailed response such as “skip it” or something like that.

It is coming up on the credit card pad and the clerk asked for a tip. Facts.
    I’m sure some have spit In your food, do you think that is subway policy? It was one person and you can just not tip them. So all the subway workers in America shouldn’t get a tip bc one of them asked you for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …..Great topic……my wife always takes the cart back to its area……I tell her she is taking away some person’s job….now I bring the cart toward the return area and shoot it to try and get in the right alley…..always give a pump sign after a successful push!111
    just dont spike the eggs!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Good points, will definitly consider them.

On that note, I've never told a friend they should tip. I'm just looking at all the hats they are wearing. More than most walk-up restaurants.

Funny, I've never felt the same for focused duty places like BK or McDonald's, probably because their jobs are spread around.
    Subways workers don't wear many hats.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information