Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Tips at Subway

Default Re: Tips at Subway

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Talking about ridiculous charges, I wanted to pay property taxes online with Lafayette Parish and at checkout they want
    $30 for convenience. What? No.
    Damn.

2. Default Re: Tips at Subway

Tipping has gotten out of control. Tipping for hairstylists, Uber/Lyft drivers, coffee shops, and many others. Furthermore, many businesses kindly give you the option of choosing a pre-populated tip of 18, 20, or 22% when paying with a debit/credit card, while also charging you 4% to use said debit/credit card. If I walk into a coffee shop and order coffee and I get the coffee I ordered, what am I tipping for? The business transaction is complete. This is where tipping has gotten out of hand. Individuals delivering basic business transactions expect a tip for doing what is expected as part of the fee associated with the business transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    Tipping has gotten out of control. Tipping for hairstylists, Uber/Lyft drivers, coffee shops, and many others. Furthermore, many businesses kindly give you the option of choosing a pre-populated tip of 18, 20, or 22% when paying with a debit/credit card, while also charging you 4% to use said debit/credit card. If I walk into a coffee shop and order coffee and I get the coffee I ordered, what am I tipping for? The business transaction is complete. This is where tipping has gotten out of hand. Individuals delivering basic business transactions expect a tip for doing what is expected as part of the fee associated with the business transaction.
    All of this.

If you don’t tip do they take your coffee away? Why the ___ is everyone complaining? Don’t want to tip? Don’t tip, but for people who do want t to, why does it bother you? I rarely carry cash and I came up working in the service industry so I tip everywhere. If it’s not an option on my card then I can’t, but you can simply put zero.

5. Default Re: Tips at Subway

I usually tip, even in situations where tipping is not common . . . Especially when good service and products are provided . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I usually tip, even in situations where tipping is not common . . . Especially when good service and products are provided . . .
    Me as well. I feel like if you're not willing to tip for good service then maybe you shouldn't be going out.

And how many tip just off the bottom line including taxes?

ironically most of those that benefit from tip jars likely are folks that dont use cash, they whine about the tips or no tips but not sure if they even use the money

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    If you don’t tip do they take your coffee away? Why the ___ is everyone complaining? Don’t want to tip? Don’t tip, but for people who do want t to, why does it bother you? I rarely carry cash and I came up working in the service industry so I tip everywhere. If it’s not an option on my card then I can’t, but you can simply put zero.
    Do you tip the Walmart cashier? Did any of you guys tip Coach Napier when the Cajuns won 13 games?

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Me as well. I feel like if you're not willing to tip for good service then maybe you shouldn't be going out.
    Do you tip the Walmart cashier? Did any of you guys tip Coach Napier when the Cajuns won 13 games?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    he probably still got his bonuses even though he wasnt here…. did we get a buyout?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Why is it any if your business who I tip or do not tip? What does it make any difference to you? The university tipped Napier every time He reached a goal, he was making $2 million a year, did he really need a $25k tip for winning a bowl game? Or championship? Isn’t that covered in the 2 million?

13. Default Re: Tips at Subway

No and no. I see the cashier more as rendering a service for the employer . . .I don’t usually make it a practice to tip one making a couple million a year. Hopefully these hypo’s are not generally of the type that would be posed by a Louisiana graduate. They are plain silly . . .

Why is it any if your business who I tip or do not tip? What does make any difference to you?
    jmv doesnt reply to specific individuals or use “their name”/ pronouns

Why is it any if your business who I tip or do not tip? What does it make any difference to you? The university tipped Napier every time He reached a goal, he was making $2 million a year, did he really need a $25k tip for winning a bowl game? Or championship? Isn’t that covered in the 2 million?
    Correct all the errors in your sentence before I take you serious.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information