Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Tips at Subway

Default Re: Tips at Subway

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You have expanded your base to water down others reply.

A server just takes an order and walks it out.

A subway worker does the work of 5 fast food workers, in fact they do everthing every person in the restaurant does combined except walk it out.
    I haven't expanded anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I personally think it is wrong for “sandwich artists” to expect a tip at Subway. It’s a counter-service restaurant, meaning that you pay for your food before you get the opportunity to taste it. Nobody brings it to your table. Furthermore, Subway offers a made-to-order sandwich to all of its guests. You are not asking for some extra or additional service by getting what you want on the sub. Unlimited toppings and sauces - to the practical limit of what can fit on the sandwich. If you want extra meat or extra cheese, you pay a premium. If you don’t want the cheese which is included, you don’t get a rebate. Toasted or untoasted? Cut in two or three or four? Eat-in or to go? All of those options are included at no cost. So when your sandwich is prepared to order, exactly as advertised, why should you tip? This is the minimum expected.
    Got a bunch of beat around the bush answers. It is a simply yes or no, if you care to expand then great.

I haven't expanded anything. See post 24. Got a bunch of beat around the bush answers. It is a simply yes or no, if you care to expand then great.
    you sounds surprised, would one call someone who is reading their first RP thread a troll?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Always tip as much as you can afford. If you can't afford to tip at Subway, don't tip. If that extra $5 or whatever really is nothing to you, give it. It's really not that hard.

Same at a restaurant. If money is tight, tip what you can. If you have plenty, give a lot. Always assuming polite service. Put yourself in the server's shoes. I'm guessing most on this board are older and have been working awhile and make ok money. Be generous if you can.
    so domt save anything for a rainy day? dont put that rcaf/tailgate fee away in a safe place ahead of time?

Yes, now more than ever.

Since they were playing my requested song on the spot I tipped them 33-1/3
    it was a tuesday terrible tune, you should have given them 75%

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    you sounds surprised, would one call someone who is reading their first RP thread a troll?
    I told you what a troll was. I am aware of only two on this site.

6. Default Re: Tips at Subway

I haven't expanded anything.

Got a bunch of beat around the bush answers. It is a simply yes or no, if you care to expand then great.
    Subway workers do more than any full service restaurant worker you have ever been to does.

I do not grasp this great importance you place on walking.

If you can no longer walk, please forgive, I understand, their importance goes through the roof.

Subway workers do more than any full service restaurant worker you have ever been to does.

I do not grasp this great importance you place on walking.

If you can no longer walk, please forgive, I understand, their importance goes through the roof.
    Do you tip workers at Burger King? Yes or no?

8. Default Re: Tips at Subway

Do you tip workers at Burger King? Yes or no?
    Yes, I have but only the cashier.

Burger King has 5 people working behind the counter and behind the scenes, I have no contact with the rest of the crew.

At Subway I always know who I am dealing with, start to finish.

I have but only the cashier.

Burger King has 5 people working behind the counter and behind the scenes, I have no contact with the rest of the crew.

At Subway I always know who I am dealing with, start to finish.
    Do you tip UPS drivers?

the real thread needs to be about the following:

- why is what table to be seated at seem like a calculus problem
    - enough inside baseball talk about sections, schedule, money, manager, side work, etc etc in front of the customers
    - let people sit where they want, adjust the sections accordingly
    - or somebody gets less tables, choose your section more wisely… (then person with less tables should conceivably do better job and get higher tip- #balances out)
    - publish the average wage per hour
    - should dine in and take out cost the same
    - how does bartender and bartender wage factor into the equation

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    https://youtu.be/ljiVRV5B5i8?t=198

12. Default Re: Tips at Subway

Do you tip UPS drivers?
    I told you your were expanding that rabbit hole. The rental company wants their spade back.

I have not, but normally I don't see UPS drivers except after the fact on video.

13. Default Re: Tips at Subway

I told you your were expanding that rabbit hole. The rental company wants their spade back.

I have not, but normally I don't see UPS drivers except after the fact on video.
    ….The garbage guy just came by to get the trash (not recycle) …..came in the yard to help this is in Nola)…..gave the guy a $5….well deserved!!!

14. Default Re: Tips at Subway

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ….The garbage guy just came by to get the trash (not recycle) …..came in the yard to help this is in Nola)…..gave the guy a $5….well deserved!!!
    Nice

They are starting with junior high slow pitch softball first and then will work there way up from there, LOL.
    i figured it out, he tips fifty pct because he only goes to diners and maltshops where travel softball players are the waitresses…

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information