Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Tips at Subway

Default Re: Tips at Subway

Always tip as much as you can afford. If you can't afford to tip at Subway, don't tip. If that extra $5 or whatever really is nothing to you, give it. It's really not that hard.

Same at a restaurant. If money is tight, tip what you can. If you have plenty, give a lot. Always assuming polite service. Put yourself in the server's shoes. I'm guessing most on this board are older and have been working awhile and make ok money. Be generous if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Always tip as much as you can afford. If you can't afford to tip at Subway, don't tip. If that extra $5 or whatever really is nothing to you, give it. It's really not that hard.

Same at a restaurant. If money is tight, tip what you can. If you have plenty, give a lot. Always assuming polite service. Put yourself in the server's shoes. I'm guessing most on this board are older and have been working awhile and make ok money. Be generous if you can.
    why are servers treated differently? ill never hear put yourself in the telemarketers shoes, put yourself in the bill payment processor’s shoes, i bet those people work longer hours and for low pay as well.

how much of their student loans we are paying off should be factored into that tip

I like the way you think, Charlie. This is my policy, also.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    a. that wasnt the question
    b. is “a third of the bill” not also a percentage, i.e. 33 percent?
    Do you honestly think I take out a calculator and figured the actual amount. Get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Do you honestly think I take out a calculator and figured the actual amount. Get a grip.
    most wouldnt need a calculator for 1/3 or a 1/2, lmao

why are servers treated differently? ill never hear put yourself in the telemarketers shoes, put yourself in the bill payment processor’s shoes, i bet those people work longer hours and for low pay as well.
    1. Because the thread is about servers. 2. Because I CHOOSE to go to a restaurant knowing tipping servers is a thing.

im already calling bs on such a pampered big spender even going to subway in the first place
    Big spender? You mean Big tipper?

1. Because the thread is about servers. 2. Because I CHOOSE to go to a restaurant knowing tipping servers is a thing.
    excellent points, thank you

Big spender? You mean Big tipper?
    fair enough, ill allow the correction

The thread is about Subway which doesn't have servers. So once again do YOU tip subway workers?

My bride use to be a tight ass about tipping. She’s come around where she tips with compassion. She learned a few things.

Always chat up your servers in a restaurant. Gives you a chance to be a servant.

Never know what someone is going thru. Grandma isn’t working the late shift at Piccadilly because she wants to.

Also ask if they keep their own tips or they get split up (big influencer for me)? Are they in college? Single parent? Polite and accommodating?

This can apply in the checkout line at the grocery store or anywhere.

God gave us two eyes, two ears, and a heart, mind and soul to discern with.

Everyone has a story. Be a light. Everyday.

The thread is about Subway which doesn't have servers. So once again do YOU tip subway workers?
    Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    I like the way you think, Charlie. This is my policy, also.
    Amen, doesn’t take much effort to be a decent person.

Lol yes because telemarketers who are calling my phone all week unsolicited that someone sold them is EXACTLY like me going out to a restaurant bc I don’t feel like cooking or packing a lunch…

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information