Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting Updates 22-12-15...

Default Re: For You Recruiting Debbie Downers....

and?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    and?
    Lots of posts about getting commitments from lightly recruited guys, beating Southland Conf for players...guys who have no stars etc...InHome visit by UL last night...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Lots of posts about getting commitments from lightly recruited guys, beating Southland Conf for players...guys who have no stars etc...InHome visit by UL last night...
    Well, I'll give you props! He looks like a good commitment; and if I counted correctly, 3 stars.

5. Default Re: For You Recruiting Debbie Downers....

Looked at the weather . . . should be a very clear night tonight . . . a good night to pick up a couple of stars . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Looked at the weather . . . should be a very clear night tonight . . . a good night to pick up a couple of stars . . .
    Are you forecasting?

Come on '71, he has offers from Alabama State, Duquesne, PVAMU and Sam Houston. I know h has offers from much bigger schools, but considering those schools are on his offer list we should have passed on him.

The above is sarcasm. Looks like a nice pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    No one's talking about the 5 guys ranked as 3 stars. It's the 10 with zero rank. Is it the end all, be all? No. Are there outliers? Of course. And people keep bringing up Kamryn Waites. Well, to my knowledge, he hasn't proved anything yet. But it proves the point. 2/3 of our commits are complete projects. People can put their head in the sand and sunshine pump if they wish, but the truth is staring back at us. Our recruiting has taken a nose dive. It is what it is.

No one's talking about the 5 guys ranked as 3 stars. It's the 10 with zero rank. Is it the end all, be all? No. Are there outliers? Of course. And people keep bringing up Kamryn Waites. Well, to my knowledge, he hasn't proved anything yet. But it proves the point. 2/3 of our commits are complete projects. People can put their head in the sand and sunshine pump if they wish, but the truth is staring back at us. Our recruiting has taken a nose dive. It is what it is.
    Well, I’m sure this will be a topic of discussion next year at this time one way or another.

My only concern now is the UL brand is now being rated with company we would rather not keep. Either prove ‘em wrong or face the consequences. Not good for business.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Well, I’m sure this will be a topic of discussion next year at this time on way or another.

My only concern now is the UL brand is now being rated with company we would rather not keep. Either prove ‘em wrong or face the consequences. Not good for business.
    Great point

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Well, I’m sure this will be a topic of discussion next year at this time on way or another.

If we lose to ULM again this year, it will be brought up.

Fwiw- Waites is starting a RG in Florida’s bowl game in place of Torrence who is sitting it out

for some reason I still get a lot of Florida Gators ____ in my Twitter feed and saw their depth chart pop up in last night

13. Default Re: For You Recruiting Debbie Downers....

Waite, Waite, Waite . . . That should earn him at least 3 stars . . . its a clear and bright night tonight . . . our recruits with no stars should be up and shopping tonight . . .

The problem is the kids ranked 3 stars or greater would probably be gone to the portal after about two years. The kids not ranked would need some work and probably stay. So what do you do, take a chance on the three star kids that will be gone or the zero star kids that need some work but probably stay. Sounds like we are between a rock and a hard place to me.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Fwiw- Waites is starting a RG in Florida’s bowl game in place of Torrence who is sitting it out

for some reason I still get a lot of Florida Gators ____ in my Twitter feed and saw their depth chart pop up in last night
    You gotta click the ellipsis on the Tweet and click "not interested in this tweet."

Had to do that for a little bit after Billy pillaged.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information