Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting Updates 22-12-15...

Default Re: Recruiting Updates 22-12-15...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Each recruit that is on the list of the recruiting class you are describing as an earth ending recruiting class . . . every single one of them . . .
    Please tell me where I referred to it as an earth ending recruiting class. I'll wait. It's you clowns who acted like the world was ending because someone dared raise a concern. Go make another burner account clown. Nevermind, you couldn't even come up with a cogent point with TWO accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    How many times have we heard and seen people posts that we won’t be able to truly judge a recruiting class until 2 or 3 seasons later. Yet, many have already poo poo’ed on this class before anyone has even signed! But I get it, this is a message board and everyone has a message.
    Duggie, I simply made the point that AT THIS POINT, there was a significant drop off in the list of recruits. That having 2/3 of the list being unranked projects is an awful lot to hope that they turn out to be Robert Hunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    How many times have we heard and seen people posts that we won’t be able to truly judge a recruiting class until 2 or 3 seasons later. Yet, many have already poo poo’ed on this class before anyone has even signed! But I get it, this is a message board and everyone has a message.
    Perhaps but we've already seen our top 3 players in this class decommit. That should at least concern some people

4. Default Re: Recruiting Updates 22-12-15...

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    We haven’t even gotten to early signing day much less the actual signing day in February. We had the number 1 signing class for 4 years under Napier and yet a lot of those guys could never beat out the “low rated” guys from the previous staff, maybe recruit ranking isn’t an exact science. How is one player 2 hundredths better than another player anyway? How exactly is that calculated?
    Another reason why I don't follow recruiting. It's a system built on BS. If you don't show up at the right camp, on the right day, with the right measurables, blah blah blah, you can't play, supposedly. It's all BS.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Please tell me where I referred to it as an earth ending recruiting class. I'll wait. It's you clowns who acted like the world was ending because someone dared raise a concern. Go make another burner account clown. Nevermind, you couldn't even come up with a cogent point with TWO accounts.
    Im now curious, what is your actual concern that your raising?
    This current class has an equal to or higher average player rating vs the last 4 years.
    This class has a couple top-end players from a rating perspective as the last couple years.

I know we had a couple of high rated players de-commit and that may be concerning to you? or a couple of players the staff feel are diamonds in the ruff with fewer offers, maybe thats concerning to you? what am i missing with this debate as it relates to this recruiting class compared to 2019-2021 classes?

6. Default Re: For You Recruiting Debbie Downers....

. . . Our recruiting has taken a nose dive. It is what it is.
    We are in a nose dive . . .

7. Default Re: For You Recruiting Debbie Downers....

. . . This isn't brain surgery. It's taken a dive. If you can't see that, I guess you can call it what you want. Sunshine pumping. Head in the sand. Myopic. I don't know.
    We taking a dive, but we ok . . .

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Perhaps but we've already seen our top 3 players in this class decommit. That should at least concern some people
    If kids flipping to lsua&mc, TBD, Missouri, and Texas Tech is concerning to anyone, they really dont understand the position our school has ALWAYS been in compared to those schools. maybe one day those types of flips wont happen to us, but we surely didnt just fall into this position in the last year and a half. i will add, someone could still always find a way to be concerned about it.

9. Default Re: Recruiting Updates 22-12-15...

What exactly is this board for? Lying?
    No but if you take the dogmatic stance that you must be overtly truthful you come across as "the purveyor of truth" even if you never utter those words.

10. Default Re: Recruiting Updates 22-12-15...

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    And this is a very valid point. Anyone not willing to consider it is burying their head.

P5’s don’t really need to extend offers anymore with NIL, sit back and see who you can get through recruiting and portal, when guys on your board go elsewhere, call up kids like Horne and offer him $100k and a scholarship at the last minute and he is gone. This isn’t really anything new, we lost people at the last minute every year for a long time and it will continue to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Another reason why I don't follow recruiting.
    Oh, nothing about grown men fawning over kids on Twitter interests you?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Wins are down

Attendance is way down

Donations are down

Recruiting rankings down

Stadium pushed back for who knows how long

What a great outlook for the future.
    This man is listing FACTS!

Duggie, I simply made the point that AT THIS POINT, there was a significant drop off in the list of recruits. That having 2/3 of the list being unranked projects is an awful lot to hope that they turn out to be Robert Hunts.
    Point well taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    No but if you take the dogmatic stance that you must be overtly truthful you come across as "the purveyor of truth" even if you never utter those words.
    MAT is the only purveyor of truth. I think JamesTheJeweler and MAT are related. Literally related. In MAT and JTJ I trust. They have valid points.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information