Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting Updates 22-12-15...

Default Re: Recruiting Updates 22-12-15...

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    You're not allowed to say that here. They'll come at you with pitchforks and torches! LOL! WITCH!!!!!
    So, if 247 is the only Metric, then we are 6th right now in the conference recruiting. That's not quite the hit the iceberg Titanic scenario you are suggesting, is it? Come on James, no one has their head in the sand here, of course it could be better. Had we won several more games it certainly would have helped. But to suggest that the recruiting is just terrible is a bridge to far dude. Put down the crack pipe bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Fo...Conference=SBC

That part! Says it all.

247 Sports is the only metric at the moment.

Top five FBS programs recruit at a rate 300 points per class.

Premier G5 programs at a rate of approximately 160 point per class.

During CBN last two years we recruited at a rate of approximately 160 points per class and we witnessed the results.

We has a current rating of 100 points.

I love CMD, but seems like we are losing the grip on recruiting top G5 talent given our resources when compared to our G5 peers.
    https://app.247sports.com/Season/202...Conference=SBC

Default Re: For You Recruiting Debbie Downers....

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    It is Des' class, because every recruit still had to sign when he was the coach. Just like Napier's first class was 2018, with Manac, Smith, Moncrief, etc. Dubose and Edwards are still on team and, as of yet, not transferred out. I understand your position that it is Napier's class, but I disagree. Each of those recruits had an opportunity to re-open their recruiting or transfer out and so far have not done so.

Because I point out one positive fact in recruiting, you have labeled me a sunshine pumper.

No where did I say recruiting hasn't dropped off, what I said is that the four highest rated recruits were all signed or committed under Des. That number is now three with Horne decommitting. I agreed with you that quantity of quality depth of the classes has gone down.
    Well, then I apologize if I misrepresented what you were trying to say.

What were our rankings in 2016 and 2017? You know the players Napier did most of his winning with?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    There is a way to discuss certain topics to where you don't insult the young men who ARE willing to commit with us. Please do so.
    Explain to me how I brought this up by insulting any individuals. Please do so.

6. Default Re: Recruiting Updates 22-12-15...

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    What were our rankings in 2016 and 2017? You know the players Napier did most of his winning with?
    He did most of his winnings with a QB that he did not recruit . .

7. Default Re: Recruiting Updates 22-12-15...

Explain to me how I brought this up by insulting any individuals. Please do so.
    Each recruit that is on the list of the recruiting class you are describing as an earth ending recruiting class . . . every single one of them . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    He did most of his winnings with a QB that he did not recruit . .
    A lot of players he didn’t recruit and without covid year would have been gone before last year. One guy who recruited a lot of them from 2016 to today is still here though.

9. Default Re: Recruiting Updates 22-12-15...

There's no reason to start turning on each other over this class.
    Are there concerning things? Yes there are.
    Are there reasons to be optimistic? Yes there are.
    Are most of our issues financial? Without question.

There are still plenty of things that will happen between now and NSD.
    We are better off than we think. Where we were over 3 of the last 4 years? No. But we had to know things would be different.

Think about Mike's approach before we freak out. It actually makes a lot of sense. That's just my opinion at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Recruiting is never about pure reality, that's why so many 5-stars die on the bench.

Do you think a single P5 tells the highschooler the truth, that he may ride the bench for 3-years, and that when he finally gets his chance he won't be as good as he was coming out of highschool?

Putting your best foot forward has always been Job#1 when it comes to recruiting.
    What???? I asked you ro explain your criticism and you answered with, "don't act like the purveyor of all truth". So again, I asked you to explain how saying I felt like this recruiting class has dropped off is acting like the purveyor of all truth. I never get a straight answer. So I'm gonna assume, like many others here, that you believe this list of recruits is as good or better than those of the last few years. I also have to assume any questions or concerns about the program is considered being a negative recruiter and insulting to whom it may be concerning. So just know, I just entered yalls game. Cant wait for one of you to dare raise a concern on this board. Be on your P's and Q"s saints. The judge is here. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    There's no reason to start turning on each other over this class.
    Are there concerning things? Yes there are.
    Are there reasons to be optimistic? Yes there are.
    Are most of our issues financial? Without question.

There are still plenty of things that will happen between now and NSD.
    We are better off than we think. Where we were over the last 3 of the last 4 years? No. But we had to know things would be different.

Think about Mike's approach before we freak out. It actually makes a lot of sense. That's just my opinion at this point.
    We haven’t even gotten to early signing day much less the actual signing day in February. We had the number 1 signing class for 4 years under Napier and yet a lot of those guys could never beat out the “low rated” guys from the previous staff, maybe recruit ranking isn’t an exact science. How is one player 2 hundredths better than another player anyway? How exactly is that calculated?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    How is one player 2 hundredths better than another player anyway? How exactly is that calculated?
    When they recalculate after they see what programs need the boost.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    So, if 247 is the only Metric, then we are 6th right now in the conference recruiting. That's not quite the hit the iceberg Titanic scenario you are suggesting, is it? Come on James, no one has their head in the sand here, of course it could be better. Had we won several more games it certainly would have helped. But to suggest that the recruiting is just terrible is a bridge to far dude. Put down the crack pipe bro.
    Damn T! Now I'm on the pipe? In all seriousness, I never said the sky was falling. I said the drop off is concerning. Those reacting around it certainly were triggered though. And sh!+, I 'll never pretend to know more than you do on this stuff, but I know a drop off when I see it. Can it end with an increase by signing day? Certainly. But saying there's a drop off at this point from previous years isn't jumping off a cliff by any stretch.

What???? I asked you ro explain your criticism and you answered with, "don't act like the purveyor of all truth". So again, I asked you to explain how saying I felt like this recruiting class has dropped off is acting like the purveyor of all truth. I never get a straight answer. So I'm gonna assume, like many others here, that you believe this list of recruits is as good or better than those of the last few years. I also have to assume any questions or concerns about the program is considered being a negative recruiter and insulting to whom it may be concerning. So just know, I just entered yalls game. Cant wait for one of you to dare raise a concern on this board. Be on your P's and Q"s saints. The judge is here. LOL!
    You might as well let it go James. At this point you're simply P!$$!ng up a rope with these people. Until they see a complete sub 500 mediocre non bowl achieving season by this team they are plenty satisfied & more than happy to live with the results of what is presently occurring. Then they will accept your concerns as plausible. Never mind the fact that this past season was possibly rostered by the most athletic group of players UL has ever had & only won 6 games against one of the easiest schedules they ever had.

Once the team has won less than the obligatory 6 games in a season, then supporters will be allowed too voice concerns. However, this doesn't mean the administration will do anything to change the course of events. This in turn means the program is likely headed for the depths of the conference cellar for at least a few years before the powers that be end up going another direction. Then there is no guarantee that they will make the right move. It only means they will make a move at that point. I'm not saying you are wrong. In fact, seeing the complete lack of respect & lack of desire to use all of the recruiting tools in the old tool box. I seriously doubt the future of this program has much of a chance to ever achieve even mediocre bowl status elligibilty over the next decade at least. IOW, you are correct in your concerns by my assessment, but nobody cares, or wants to hear it. So you're out of luck man. Have a blessed holiday season.

How many times have we heard and seen people posts that we won’t be able to truly judge a recruiting class until 2 or 3 seasons later. Yet, many have already poo poo’ed on this class before anyone has even signed! But I get it, this is a message board and everyone has a message.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information