Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting Updates 22-12-15...

Default Re: Recruiting Updates 22-12-15...

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Thank you

In a transition year, perception is more than important.
    Brother, if a recruit is looking at perception as to whether he should come here or not, Ragin Pagin is the least of his worries!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I have no clue how this recruiting class will end up. I am not a talent evaluator and don't claim to be. I also don't put as much weight into the "star" system once you get below the 4 and 5 star rated players. History proves that a 1 star can quickly rise to a 3 star if he signs with a major P5 or a 3 star can drop to a 1 star if he signs with a specific G5
    program.

But I do think that if any potential recruit visits this site, many of the "Cajun Fans" that post here are not doing much to assist our staff in the recruiting process. The sky is falling if this is the only place they look!
    So, what are you suggesting exactly? We lie? Act like there's never concern for anything happening with the program? That recruits are deciding whether to come here by what fans on a message board say? Damn. How does every other school in the entire country get anyone to go to their school? Have you ever visited any other schools message boards??? LoL! Are we to assume that "Cajun fans" was in quotations because we aren't "real fans" if we speak up and state the obvious? Coming on here and saying, the drop off in recruiting is concerning, is akin to Blasphemy. I guess not making excuses, asking questions, and holding accountability is gonna kill our recruiting? LoL! Think about how ridiculous that is. You honestly think every other school recruiting the same kids hasn't pointed out the obvious to them already? You suggesting the kids that committed to us did so only because they never read our board? C'mon. I give credit where credit is due, but I'll also speak up if I see things that are concerning. I def don't think I'm always right either. I hope to God I'm wrong. But no person, business or University ever reaches their goals by putting their head in the sand and making excuses.

3. Default Re: Recruiting Updates 22-12-15...

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Brother, if a recruit is looking at perception as to whether he should come here or not, Ragin Pagin is the least of his worries!
    I totally agree.

Why add to his worries?

I totally agree.

Why add to his worries?
    Exactly.

I totally agree.

Why add to his worries?
    Add to his worries? What exactly is this board for? Lying? Pretending? Act like there's never anything to voice concern over? Seriously, I'd like to hear your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    CMD is the coach for at least two more seasons. Being publicly negative about him seems like people who love to be right when being wrong would be better for the program.

Since he’s my coach regardless of how I might feel I’m supporting him for sure in 2023, and 2024.
    Please explain how voicing concern over the drop off in recruiting is not supporting the program. I'd love to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Fo...Conference=SBC

That part! Says it all.

247 Sports is the only metric at the moment.

Top five FBS programs recruit at a rate 300 points per class.

Premier G5 programs at a rate of approximately 160 point per class.

During CBN last two years we recruited at a rate of approximately 160 points per class and we witnessed the results.

I love CMD, but seems like we are losing the grip on recruiting top G5 talent given our resources when compared to our G5 peers.
    You're not allowed to say that here. They'll come at you with pitchforks and torches! LOL! WITCH!!!!!

8. Default Re: Recruiting Updates 22-12-15...

Add to his worries? What exactly is this board for? Lying? Pretending? Act like there's never anything to voice concern over? Seriously, I'd like to hear your answer.
    Pretend you are not the purveyor of truth and try recruiting "to" instead of away from.

I'm sure there is some kind of positive message you can come up with. Just offering an option.

Please explain how voicing concern over the drop off in recruiting is not supporting the program. I'd love to hear it.
    Wins are down

Attendance is way down

Donations are down

Recruiting rankings down

Stadium pushed back for who knows how long

What a great outlook for the future.

Pretend you are not the purveyor of truth and try recruiting "to" instead of away from.

I'm sure there is some kind of positive message you can come up with. Just offering an option.
    When did I act like the "purveyor of truth"? I simply stated there's a drop off in recruiting. Don't you think that's a bit hyperbolic? Give me a break. Do any of you really want to go down this road? Act like none of you have ever questioned any decision or action this university has made? LoL! Not sure if any of you are fans of Jung, but youre projecting. Pot, meet kettle.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Wins are down

Attendance is way down

Donations are down

Recruiting rankings down

Stadium pushed back for who knows how long

What a great outlook for the future.
    It's all your fault for bringing it up.

Default Re: For You Recruiting Debbie Downers....

Dude, Napier left in December. (November 28th, to be exact) How is that Des' class??? And Fite has nothing to do with this. We are talking about where our classes were ranked over the last 4 years, as compared to where this one looks. If you don't think there's quite a drop off, there's really nothing left to say here.
    It is Des' class, because every recruit still had to sign when he was the coach. Just like Napier's first class was 2018, with Manac, Smith, Moncrief, etc. Dubose and Edwards are still on team and, as of yet, not transferred out. I understand your position that it is Napier's class, but I disagree. Each of those recruits had an opportunity to re-open their recruiting or transfer out and so far have not done so.

Because I point out one positive fact in recruiting, you have labeled me a sunshine pumper.

No where did I say recruiting hasn't dropped off, what I said is that the four highest rated recruits were all signed or committed under Des. That number is now three with Horne decommitting. I agreed with you that quantity of quality depth of the classes has gone down.

There is a way to discuss certain topics to where you don't insult the young men who ARE willing to commit with us. Please do so.

Early signing day is December 21, 2022.

In two days, over 50% of the talent pool will be off the board after signing their national letter of intent (not to be confused with NIL).

It's naive to think we are going to make substantial strides between now and the close of the signing period in February.

We should have the hay in the barn by December 21st and possibly hold a few scholarships for late transfers.

15. Default Re: Recruiting Updates 22-12-15...

When did I act like the "purveyor of truth"? I simply stated there's a drop off in recruiting. Don't you think that's a bit hyperbolic? Give me a break. Do any of you really want to go down this road? Act like none of you have ever questioned any decision or action this university has made? LoL! Not sure if any of you are fans of Jung, but youre projecting. Pot, meet kettle.
    Recruiting is never about pure reality, that's why so many 5-stars die on the bench.

Do you think a single P5 tells the highschooler the truth, that he may ride the bench for 3-years, and that when he finally gets his chance he won't be as good as he was coming out of highschool?

Putting your best foot forward has always been Job#1 when it comes to recruiting.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information