Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting Updates 22-12-15...

Default Re: For You Recruiting Debbie Downers....

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Mark Hudspeth told everyone at the recruiting bash that year that Hunt would play on Sundays.
    Cool. Did Des say all these unranked projects in our class are gonna play in the NFL? Every class takes a flyer on a guy or 2 that they think is a diamond in the rough that they can maybe develop....not 2/3 of your entire class.

2. Default Re: Recruiting Updates 22-12-15...

so, we don't want 10 Hunts?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Cool. Did Des say all these unranked projects in our class are gonna play in the NFL? Every class takes a flyer on a guy or 2 that they think is a diamond in the rough that they can maybe develop....not 2/3 of your entire class.
    Hey man it's tough beating off Southland and D2 teams for prospects cut him some slack.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Hey man it's tough beating off Southland and D2 teams for prospects cut him some slack.
    LoL! I mean, if we're gonna use the logic of some on here, let's do that. They love to use an outlier to prove a point like a Robert Hunt. As if those things happen all the time. If that's the case, let's stop recruiting ANY player that's ranked! Why fight for a high 3 star when they're all just gonna leave? Let's sign 20 unranked prospects that are projects that only FCS schools are after. Then we'll have 20 Robert Hunts! Right? But let ME use an outlier. They also like to bring up Kamryn Waites. Another unranked project. He left here to go to a higher level without proving a single gd thing here. So maybe we should stop going after these projects that are only being offered by FCS programs, because they're just gonna leave too. Let's go full USL mode and only go after unranked projects that are only being offered by Division 3 schools. That way we can have guys here that WANT to be here and won't leave. Man, this is borderline genius logic happening here. That USL sunshine well is bottomless.

Default Re: Recruiting Updates 22-12-15...

I have no clue how this recruiting class will end up. I am not a talent evaluator and don't claim to be. I also don't put as much weight into the "star" system once you get below the 4 and 5 star rated players. History proves that a 1 star can quickly rise to a 3 star if he signs with a major P5 or a 3 star can drop to a 1 star if he signs with a specific G5
    program.

But I do think that if any potential recruit visits this site, many of the "Cajun Fans" that post here are not doing much to assist our staff in the recruiting process. The sky is falling if this is the only place they look!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    ...But I do think that if any potential recruit visits this site, many of the "Cajun Fans" that post here are not doing much to assist our staff in the recruiting process....
    This right here.

Some of you guys are really, really misguided.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    This right here.

Every college board has good and bad things on it. Nobody will or will not sign with UL based off of this board.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Every college board has good and bad things on it. Nobody will or will not sign with UL based off of this board.
    You are correct but it doesn't do much for the young mans confidence.

Also pretty concerning seeing these recruits on Twitter announce that they are blessed to get their first D1 offer from UL. Seems to be every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Also pretty concerning seeing these recruits on Twitter announce that they are blessed to get their first D1 offer from UL. Seems to be every day.
    It seems that everyone is Blessed these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Fo...Conference=SBC

That part! Says it all.

247 Sports is the only metric at the moment.

Top five FBS programs recruit at a rate 300 points per class.

Premier G5 programs at a rate of approximately 160 point per class.

During CBN last two years we recruited at a rate of approximately 160 points per class and we witnessed the results.

We has a current rating of 100 points.

I love CMD, but seems like we are losing the grip on recruiting top G5 talent given our resources when compared to our G5 peers.

12. Default Re: Recruiting Updates 22-12-15...

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Fo...Conference=SBC

That part! Says it all.

247 Sports is the only metric at the moment.

Top five FBS programs recruit at a rate 300 points per class.

Premier G5 programs at a rate of approximately 160 point per class.

During CBN last two years we recruited at a rate of approximately 160 points per class and we witnessed the results.

I love CMD, but seems like we are losing the grip on recruiting top G5 talent given our resources when compared to our G5 peers.
    CMD is the coach for at least two more seasons. Being publicly negative about him seems like people who love to be right when being wrong would be better for the program.

Since he’s my coach regardless of how I might feel I’m supporting him for sure in 2023, and 2024.

At our level in the field success is directly tied to recruiting success on the OL/DL, QB and LB. In that order.

We will be good as long as those positions are at the top of the league.

14. Default Re: Recruiting Updates 22-12-15...

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    ... if any potential recruit visits this site, many of the "Cajun Fans" that post here are not doing much to assist our staff in the recruiting process...
    Thank you

In a transition year, perception is more than important.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    This right here.

LoL! Classic! It's our fault if recruiting fails! Got it.Talk about misguided??? LoL!

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information