Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting Updates 22-12-15...

Default Re: For You Recruiting Debbie Downers....

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    The problem is the kids ranked 3 stars or greater would probably be gone to the portal after about two years. The kids not ranked would need some work and probably stay. So what do you do, take a chance on the three star kids that will be gone or the zero star kids that need some work but probably stay. Sounds like we are between a rock and a hard place to me.
    Take the players you can win with now. Otherwise, it’s a constant rebuilding, bailing for NIL and starting over. But 6-6 again next year would be Bustle 2.0.

You are the company you keep.

The problem is the kids ranked 3 stars or greater would probably be gone to the portal after about two years. The kids not ranked would need some work and probably stay. So what do you do, take a chance on the three star kids that will be gone or the zero star kids that need some work but probably stay. Sounds like we are between a rock and a hard place to me.
    This is such a good point! CMD and his staff are recruiting players that want to be Cajuns and can play D1 football, or they project to that level (IMO). This is nothing new for UL, we have quite a few playersthat were either 0-2 star recruits, or even walk-ons that had very successful careers here.

The star parade will never go away. I hope our ability to find players like Robert Hunt never goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    This is such a good point! CMD and his staff are recruiting players that want to be Cajuns and can play D1 football, or they project to that level (IMO). This is nothing new for UL, we have quite a few playersthat were either 0-2 star recruits, or even walk-ons that had very successful careers here.

The star parade will never go away. I hope our ability to find players like Robert Hunt never goes away!
    Correct but there was no portal or NIL when Robert Hunt signed on. I think he would have been gone his senior year as things are now. The portal and NIL is a totaly different environment now. I don't think very many coaches and departments know how to handle this just yet. The portal and NIL has a lot of unintended consequences and intended unintended consequences. I suspect it was done intentionally to hurt programs like ours so that the line between the "Haves" and "Have Nots" is permanent and uncrossable. I also fear that the last year of Billy Napier was our football apex.

LoL! Not every 3 star is gonna leave. Not every unranked player that ends up a star is gonna stay. You recruit the best players you can get and let the chips fall where they may. You don't ditch recruiting the best players to take all unranked projects because, "maybe". If we could be getting more higher ranked players, we would be. But we're not. Let the conjecture fly as it may.

5. Default Re: For You Recruiting Debbie Downers....

It's a delima.

Coach them up and by the time they are "up" you still only get them for one year.

Advantage of going with the "ups" over the "ready mades" ... You have a better chance of asking the coached UPs for donations later in life.

6. Default Re: For You Recruiting Debbie Downers....

Didn't someone say that Waites was back in the portal?

7. Default Re: For You Recruiting Debbie Downers....

Not sure of that, but that he needs to shop for stars tonight . . .

just be glad that we aren't like Texas AM they have 25 in the portal

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...713d36f177e5cc

9. Default Re: For You Recruiting Debbie Downers....

One beauty of being 6 6 in the Sunbelt is that we don’t have 25 that could believe the portal could help . .

10. Default Re: For You Recruiting Debbie Downers....

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post

Results divided by expectations predict this.

Louisiana did a good job of resetting expectations.

https://twitter.com/johnbragg05/stat...0jih7yZk6_cYIw

You can add him into the boat too.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    He’s going to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    He’s going to be good.
    he just looks like a ball player or someone you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley

he just looks like a ball player or someone you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley
    He will gain weight and most likely be around 300 pounds by the end of his first year.

This is going to be the new normal. Saban and Jimbo are expecting 30%-40% roster turnover between transfers, NIL, and graduation.

They are only concerned with recruiting the top talent and let the chips fall where the fall.

Our staff should have the same approach. Recruiting a kid and expecting to have him two or three years later is naive in today's college football environment.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information