Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Final: Louisiana, 78, McNeese 70

1. Default Re: Final: Louisiana, 78, McNeese 70

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I'm sure RD will respond, but I remember either Fulks or maybe Williams friving to the basket, making a shift to the left in the lane, and the McNeese defender falling, clearly with no contact. Our player is going up for the layup a step after that.

Wait for Dave though, for the real story.
    That is exactly what happened, the only reason that McNeese got possession of the missed basket was because the player hit the floor and the whistle immediately blew and our player stopped moving. Again, if the player does not flop it is either a made basket a foul or the two player fight for position and see who gets the rebound. Once the whistle blew and the McNeese player hit the ground for no reason it changed the complexion of what was going to happen.

McNeese benefited from the call more than we benefited from it. It doesn't make any sense. I agree it should either be a two shot technical and possession back to the defensive team or 1 shot Technical and possession back to the offense.

Anything else is just not going to change a team from choosing to flop. Okay let me get this right, I flop you get 1 point and I have the immediate chance to get 2 or 3 points on the next possession. Win for the floppers.

Default Re: Final: Louisiana, 78, McNeese 70

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    That’s exactly what happened. What I’m saying is the reason mcneese retained possession is because the flop was called on the missed shot that they rebounded. I don’t agree with it.
    I thought the flop occurred while our guy was moving to his left. That happened before the shot. The play shouldn't have counted and there shouldn't have been a rebound. I had turned off the sound at that point so I really didn't know what was going on. Just new the commentators we're bad so I wasn't gonna listen to there hot takes anyways

3. Default Re: Final: Louisiana, 78, McNeese 70

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    I thought the flop occurred while our guy was moving to his left. That happened before the shot. The play shouldn't have counted and there shouldn't have been a rebound. I had turned off the sound at that point so I really didn't know what was going on. Just new the commentators we're bad so I wasn't gonna listen to there hot takes anyways
    So I immediately knew what happened but the bozo's doing the commentating were lost. They kept saying, I am not sure what the call is or what is going on. Anyone with half a brain could see what the call was. The flop did occur before the shot, that is why I could not understand how McNeese got the ball back. I am not blaming McNeese or even the refs for this. I am more concerned that this is a rule that the NCAA needs to address and correct in the future.

Default Re: Louisiana, vs McNeese Thursday In Lake Charles

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Our 4-4 FBS team playing the best team in our division with $10 tickets drew 7,888 fans. A week earlier McNeese put 8,068 in their stadium to see their 1-6 Cowboys. The day of our 7,888 we outsold 1-7 “little brother” by a whopping 350 tickets.

Who cares if their venue only seats 4K? How many times in the last few years would we really have needed more seats than that? As for their students and the crowd tonight, they were 3-7 coming in, and their semester is over just like ours. Did you notice our last couple crowds and student crowds? All the status and resources in the world won’t get us far with the way we operate.
    Excellent post.

Does anybody know why Isiah Richards did not play?

I am worried about the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Men's college basketball is the only organized basketball that still uses halves. I will disagree with you on the two shots for free throws. I love the one and one. I think only shooting fouls should be two shots. One-and-one would also speed up the time of the game. You miss the first free throw, and you are back to playing basketball. I know it will never happen, but that is my wish. I love the discussions.
    I think the women's 4 qtr game also has only one media timeout per qtr. This also speeds up the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    I think the women's 4 qtr game also has only one media timeout per qtr. This also speeds up the game.
    That is correct. I think there is one less timeout per half and one less coach's timeout. I could be wrong about the latter.

Does anybody know why Isiah Richards did not play?

I am worried about the answer.
    He did not play simply because it was the coach’s decision not to play him. We only played 8 guys last night. Chancellor White did not play either. Neither he nor Richards sat because of disciplinary or academic issues. They played the guys they thought gave them the best chance to win and we were unable to separate with a double figure lead until the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    He did not play simply because it was the coach’s decision not to play him. We only played 8 guys last night. Chancellor White did not play either. Neither he nor Richards sat because of disciplinary or academic issues. They played the guys they thought gave them the best chance to win and we were unable to separate with a double figure lead until the last minute.
    Thanks for the answer Mike! I was wondering during the game why he wasn't spelling JB; this surprises me some as I thought his play was improving and he would have provided some valuable minutes, and rebounds, and some blocks last night.

I'm just glad all is ok!

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Thanks for the answer Mike! I was wondering during the game why he wasn't spelling JB; this surprises me some as I thought his play was improving and he would have provided some valuable minutes, and rebounds, and some blocks last night.

I'm just glad all is ok!

GEAUX CAJUNS!
    I think for rest of year, you will see those 8 plus Julien.

11. Default Re: Final: Louisiana, 78, McNeese 70

I'm just glad all is ok!

GEAUX CAJUNS!
    I think had we built any type of substantial lead during the game, there was a good chance we would have seen White and Richards, but since the game was so close for so long, I think coach decided to go with the 8 we have. The reality is when KJ comes back, I think we will have a steady rotation of 9 players. Regular starting 5, KJ, MT, JD and JC. Isaiah Richards and Chancellor will get some playing time as well, but it will be specific when they come in. For instance, we will probably bring Isaiah in when JB is in foul trouble and the other team has a pretty dominant big that we have to match up for size purposes. But I think it will be a 9 man rotation

Michael Thomas for Themus Fulks
    Jalen Dalcourt for Kentrell Garnett
    Kobe Julien for Greg Williams
    Joe Charles for Terrance Lewis
    And depending on the breather that Jordan Brown needs we will either go with an extra guard or smaller player or we could possibly see Isaiah come in at that point. But most teams limit their rotation during conference play to 8-9 players. I think we are deep enough to go 9 as long as Kobe is healthy. I am sure Kobe will be a slow return for the Cajuns. The first few games, I would be shocked to see him more than 8-10 minutes tops until we think he is capable of giving us 12-15 or more down the line.

Just my opinion.

12. Default Re: Final: Louisiana, 78, McNeese 70

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I think had we built any type of substantial lead during the game, there was a good chance we would have seen White and Richards, but since the game was so close for so long, I think coach decided to go with the 8 we have. The reality is when KJ comes back, I think we will have a steady rotation of 9 players. Regular starting 5, KJ, MT, JD and JC. Isaiah Richards and Chancellor will get some playing time as well, but it will be specific when they come in. For instance, we will probably bring Isaiah in when JB is in foul trouble and the other team has a pretty dominant big that we have to match up for size purposes. But I think it will be a 9 man rotation

And depending on the breather that Jordan Brown needs we will either go with an extra guard or smaller player or we could possibly see Isaiah come in at that point. But most teams limit their rotation during conference play to 8-9 players. I think we are deep enough to go 9 as long as Kobe is healthy. I am sure Kobe will be a slow return for the Cajuns. The first few games, I would be shocked to see him more than 8-10 minutes tops until we think he is capable of giving us 12-15 or more down the line.

Just my opinion.
    . Just wondering if there is any way to stop the ULLLeling?

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

Any ideas?
    From the mcneese announcers? Yep, mute them.

They were horrific with their ULL and Louisiana-Lafayette calls, but then they were complimentary of the team throughout the game.

I guess you can't blame that just don't know better.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post

Just my opinion.
    I agree with this view. As far as who comes in when JB goes out, it probably will continue to be Lewis and Charles playing inside at most times we are in that situation. That is what we did last night. It is also possible, Kobe Julien can play the 4 spot when other teams run a "small" lineup against us. Richards will play when he is needed to match up with the other team's big guys or when injuries pop up. I sat right behind the Cajuns bench last night. I did notice that Richards spends a lot of time encouraging Jordan Brown in the timeout sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

Any ideas?
    When we are on the road, it is IMPOSSIBLE to stop the ULL references by media personnel. The media folks are generally are provided by the home team. In some cases, they do not know our preference and when we play state schools, they do it because they know we don't like it. This is not an issue to waste energy on. Put Jay Walker's call on from your phone while you watch is my suggestion. Go to the 103.3 The Goat website and you can listen live to programming which includes Jay's play by play.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information