Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Final: Louisiana, 78, McNeese 70

1. Default Re: Final: Louisiana, 78, McNeese 70

So I have played and coached basketball for a long time, including a short stint in AAU ball. But there is a rule, I just don't understand. The new flopping rule, I get and it should have been instituted, but we actually got penalized for them flopping. What I mean by that is this, we had the ball under the basket, about to make a layup or McNeese commit a foul, instead the kid flops and they call a Technical on McNeese, okay so far so good, but here is where it gets totally f'd up. We get 1 Technical FT and they get the ball. We had a chance at at least 2 points if not 3 and instead we get 1 FT and McNeese gets the ball. How is that even remotely a fair trade. Either it should be 2 FT's or 1 FT and the ball back to us. You are actually rewarding the flopping team by giving them the ball after 1 FT.

This 5h!t is F'd up.

Default Re: Final: Louisiana, 78, McNeese 70

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    So I have played and coached basketball for a long time, including a short stint in AAU ball. But there is a rule, I just don't understand. The new flopping rule, I get and it should have been instituted, but we actually got penalized for them flopping. What I mean by that is this, we had the ball under the basket, about to make a layup or McNeese commit a foul, instead the kid flops and they call a Technical on McNeese, okay so far so good, but here is where it gets totally f'd up. We get 1 Technical FT and they get the ball. We had a chance at at least 2 points if not 3 and instead we get 1 FT and McNeese gets the ball. How is that even remotely a fair trade. Either it should be 2 FT's or 1 FT and the ball back to us. You are actually rewarding the flopping team by giving them the ball after 1 FT.

This 5h!t is F'd up.
    You're right, great analysis of that event, and accurate.

IMO, the solution is, let the other team's coach have the option to accept it or not, ie Coach Marlin would of had a choice.

I could see this happening a LOT when they realize this is quite a defensive ploy. Insert Johnie late in the game when you're down a few points, not to foul but to flop.

I hope you get the naming rights to the amendment!

This 5h!t is F'd up.
    Right just treat it as a blocking foul or one shot and the ball. I’m not sure what the exact rule is but I believe McNeese rebounded the ball on the shot where he flopped. Since they had possession when the flop was called they were able to retain. Pretty stupid I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Right just treat it as a blocking foul or one shot and the ball. I’m not sure what the exact rule is but I believe McNeese rebounded the ball on the shot where he flopped. Since they had possession when the flop was called they were able to retain. Pretty stupid I agree.
    I'm sure RD will respond, but I remember either Fulks or maybe Williams friving to the basket, making a shift to the left in the lane, and the McNeese defender falling, clearly with no contact. Our player is going up for the layup a step after that.

Wait for Dave though, for the real story.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I'm sure RD will respond, but I remember either Fulks or maybe Williams friving to the basket, making a shift to the left in the lane, and the McNeese defender falling, clearly with no contact. Our player is going up for the layup a step after that.

Wait for Dave though, for the real story.
    That’s exactly what happened. What I’m saying is the reason mcneese retained possession is because the flop was called on the missed shot that they rebounded. I don’t agree with it.

Default Re: Louisiana, vs McNeese Thursday In Lake Charles

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I swear, every 3 pointer has zero arch on it.
    I'm thinking that was more the camera angle. Were televising from way up.

This 5h!t is F'd up.
    I believe this is something they've already decided to address in the offseason. I think, now that it's been in use, there is a body of work already to go off of and improve the rule and its consequences

I think the flopping rule was designed to speed up the game, and all it did was slow it down. If you want to speed up the game, go to four quarters like every other organized basketball game.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I think the flopping rule was designed to speed up the game, and all it did was slow it down. If you want to speed up the game, go to four quarters like every other organized basketball game.
    Totally agree. Go to 4 quarters like the women do. Bonus is on the 5th foul of the quarter with 2 shots, no one and one. Also, I like advancing the ball to half court after a time out at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Totally agree. Go to 4 quarters like the women do. Bonus is on the 5th foul of the quarter with 2 shots, no one and one. Also, I like advancing the ball to half court after a time out at the end.
    Men's college basketball is the only organized basketball that still uses halves. I will disagree with you on the two shots for free throws. I love the one and one. I think only shooting fouls should be two shots. One-and-one would also speed up the time of the game. You miss the first free throw, and you are back to playing basketball. I know it will never happen, but that is my wish. I love the discussions.

https://www.kplctv.com/2021/08/04/mc.chool-history/

https://ragincajuns.com/news/2021/6/.enovation.aspx

Naming rights breakdown:
    "Little Brother": $2.5 million over 10 years
    "Big Brother": $15 million over 15 years

Last edited by zeppelincajun; December 16th, 2022 at 10:58 am. Reason: I'm a moron

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post

Naming rights breakdown:
    "Little Brother": $25 million over 10 years
    Maybe I am missing something, but the way I read it is 250K over 10 years to get to the 2.5 million.

.gifted $2.5 million over 10 years.

Naming rights breakdown:
    "Little Brother": $25 million over 10 years
    Correction. It’s $2.5M over 10 years. Still small time.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Maybe I am missing something, but the way I read it is 250K over 10 years to get to the 2.5 million.
    You're right. I'm an idiot. That makes way more sense. I was getting seriously concerned about our fundraising abilities.

You're right. I'm an idiot. That makes way more sense. I was getting seriously concerned about our fundraising abilities.
    No worries. I think the lead would have been Micky Neese receiving a $25 million gift. All good.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information